Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Yorick Jungle

Creator: Scott Azrael June 4, 2014 5:34am
35 posts - page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 5:34am | Report
I honestly didn't think it would be any good, so I tried it out in bots and found the clear was pretty good. decided to give it a try in Team Builder with some friends. I got FB on a Wukong sitting in top TriBrush waiting to gank my Trundle(he was watching the lane so I got him to half health before he started moving). Also, I was able to clear the jungle and grab my second blue buff before backing and had only used like 1-2 pots. At lvl 9, I soloed dragon and hardly lost any health by constantly switching aggro to my ghouls. For what I thought would be a horrible jungler, I have actually come to like it. It worked really well with my Kog'Maw ADC.

Has anyone else played much Yorick jungle and have any advice/problems with it? Just started trying it, so I thought I would see if anyone else had much experience with it.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 8:59am | Report
Post again after you've had a game where you fell behind.

Or when you're ahead but your ADC is so far behind your ults are near useless.

Yorick can work, but as is the case with many champs, (a whole bunch of) others do a better job.
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 9:43am | Report
That's what I was wondering about. I had this feeling that it wouldn't be nearly as useful if I fell behind. I picked it to go with my friends Kog'maw in the idea of usng my ult on him so he could keep doing damage once he was dead. I watched the Copenhagen Wolves use it in a comp and though they lost, I felt it was more because they didn't have anyone build tank, rather than it just being a bad idea.
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 11:36am | Report
I play it regularly. If you fall behind, you just go farm. It's hard to fall behind though because early to mid game Yorick only needs two items one tank and Manahume. late game can be an issue if you don't have a strong follow through from your team. The key is all about pathing with him. You can poke and poke and then move in to kill.

The reason he doesn't work is two fold. Eve is better at pathing ganks and offers more burst with less chance. He is 100 percent reliant on spamming the ghouls in a teamfight to win. Ignore what they say while Ulting your adc is the optimum I have used the ult on just about anyone who died with huge success. I once accidentally ulted our Fiddlesticks support the opposing team dove and blew their ults on the clone and that left all of us alive to kill them off.

I also used it on a fizz who was about to die and he came back and got two more kills because of it.

If it's a 1v1 I ult myself and kill someone. In reality only a fed Jax and chogath really can beat you 1v1 late game. Team fights he just doesn't bring gap closers, cc, or any utility. It's all damage and tank. If your adc falls behind or you have a full ap team and you. You don't do enough for the team to warrant the pick.

90 percent of Yorick Jungle is your build. The better your build is the better your performance is. I rarely get kills as Yorick jungle almost always assists. My standard build is spirit stone and tear at first back, then you go into Manahume and Ancient Golem. If team is ahead go Black cleaver. If team is behind go Frozen heart/Spirit visage. If your team needs damage then hexdrinker if they don't Spirit Visage. Once you get cleaver and Manahume your ghouls damage will be obscene remember they use 35 percent of your health and attack damage and they activate the passive of Cleaver. At full build I will ahve 3k health and 300 AD so my ghouls have 1000 health and 100 Attack damage plus the Armor Pen. Your passive is stupid With full ghouls you take 20 percent less damage and deal 20 percent more. That's 20 percent across the board, not 20 percent lass physical or magical but just a flat 20 percent. The problem is when your ghouls die you will lose all that, but I have tanked 5 on 1 for quite some time full build until my team came in.

TLDR: yorick jungle is amazing for clear and it's impossible to kill him early. He farms with the best of them. He provides no utility and no gap closer or initiations so your team has to be built around him. Most other jungles provide some utilty or kill potential.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 12:08pm | Report
actually soac, 35% of 3k and 300 is 1050 and 105, respectively.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2014 2:04pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

actually soac, 35% of 3k and 300 is 1050 and 105, respectively.

Hahah thanks either way it's a beast when you release all three and they are each hitting for 105 AD and have 1050 health plus your ultimate. You can really do some serious damage
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 5:03am | Report
When my team got ahead, I built Trinity Force. I bought it after Ancient Golem and while i was stacking tear(just not sure if I had finished Manamune or not). It gave me enough stat wise that I could tank tower shots and do some good burst damage. I figured I would just build tank after that. I've been considering working on it because my friends and I are doing a Ranked team and they wanted to have the option of using it if we ran a Kog'Maw bot lane. So, thanks for the help.
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 10:05am | Report

When my team got ahead, I built Trinity Force. I bought it after Ancient Golem and while i was stacking tear(just not sure if I had finished Manamune or not). It gave me enough stat wise that I could tank tower shots and do some good burst damage. I figured I would just build tank after that. I've been considering working on it because my friends and I are doing a Ranked team and they wanted to have the option of using it if we ran a Kog'Maw bot lane. So, thanks for the help.

1). Don't build Tri force - The stats aren't worth it. You don't need the crit, movement speed, the active is nice but Gauntlet is better. Plus the mana, health, ad, ap is so low that it's not worth it. There are much better items than tri-force plus it's way too much gold for a jungle. Manahume should be your first completed item after Golem every single time.

2). Yorick jungle does not benefit or work with a kog'maw bot lane. You can't peel and you can't really help him out. Plus Kog'maw rarely stacks AD which is the most important stat for your ultimate on the adc. Yorick works best with AD stackers like Graves, MF, Cait, Lucian, and Jinx. Sivir is pretty fun to do as well, but it depends on how they build.

3). Remember the two most important stats for yorick are health plus ad. So Cleaver is better than triforce. Either heart or Guantlet should be taken every time, and Spirit visage is so strong on him that it outclasses Banshee's.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 11:05am | Report
SOAC Bas wrote:

1). Don't build Tri force - The stats aren't worth it. You don't need the crit, movement speed, the active is nice but Gauntlet is better. Plus the mana, health, ad, ap is so low that it's not worth it. There are much better items than tri-force plus it's way too much gold for a jungle. Manahume should be your first completed item after Golem every single time.

2). Yorick jungle does not benefit or work with a kog'maw bot lane. You can't peel and you can't really help him out. Plus Kog'maw rarely stacks AD which is the most important stat for your ultimate on the adc. Yorick works best with AD stackers like Graves, MF, Cait, Lucian, and Jinx. Sivir is pretty fun to do as well, but it depends on how they build.

3). Remember the two most important stats for yorick are health plus ad. So Cleaver is better than triforce. Either heart or Guantlet should be taken every time, and Spirit visage is so strong on him that it outclasses Banshee's.

every time I read your posts I literally feel stupider
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 1:55pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

every time I read your posts I literally feel stupider

Don't feel bad we didn't think you could get stupider. It's hard reading stuff that's out of your intelligence level but it's okay if you need help I can ask Grandmaster D to dumb it down for you.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide