Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Yorick Jungle

Creator: Scott Azrael June 4, 2014 5:34am
35 posts - page 2 of 4
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 2:41pm | Report
1. Triforce is okay, manamune is not. Tear is completely useless on ANY jungler since it's just a gold sink into a stat that is supplied by blue/spirit stone.
2. You're not the only one who can "protect the kog" and your ult isn't supposed to be used as a sixth member of your team, it's primary usage is the revive. I'd rather have a HYPERCARRY like KOG OR VAYNE live a second life instead of a Graves or MF who probably already blew their ults.
3. No lol. The most important stats are Resists CDR Health Mana, in that order.

Resists take priority over Health since your regenerated hp from ghouls scale better off resists than HP
CDR so you can spam ghouls, and luckily this comes with mana
And health to round up your tankiness

You cannot get buy with just flat health because you won't be tanky at ALL without ghouls, meaning if you're caught or your ghouls are killed = you die
AD is mostly just a bonus from manamune/triforce
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 2:53pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

1. Triforce is okay, manamune is not. Tear is completely useless on ANY jungler since it's just a gold sink into a stat that is supplied by blue/spirit stone.
2. You're not the only one who can "protect the kog" and your ult isn't supposed to be used as a sixth member of your team, it's primary usage is the revive. I'd rather have a HYPERCARRY like KOG OR VAYNE live a second life instead of a Graves or MF who probably already blew their ults.
3. No lol. The most important stats are Resists CDR Health Mana, in that order.

Resists take priority over Health since your regenerated hp from ghouls scale better off resists than HP
CDR so you can spam ghouls, and luckily this comes with mana
And health to round up your tankiness

You cannot get buy with just flat health because you won't be tanky at ALL without ghouls, meaning if you're caught or your ghouls are killed = you die
AD is mostly just a bonus from manamune/triforce

1). You can't spam yoru abilities if you don't have the mana. Manahume is pretty much mandatory or you won't have the abiltiy to spam.

2). I disagree, but i see your point. I would rather use it as a sixth man if I can to win a fight, but I get yoru point.

3). Your ghouls scale off Health and AD therefore they are highly important stats. Not enough to warrant dropping everything for, but still very very important. I usually like to sit around 270 to 300 ad. The more health I have the longer my ghouls live the longer the ghousls live the longer I have my 20 percent reduction to damage on me. The way your passive works makes Resists important but not the mandatory having no heaalth but a ton of resists won't really help you heal up the minimal health you get and remember your healing scales on your ad now. So the more health and ad you have the better the heals are for you. However I do agree that CDR is probably more important than Health. CDR/Health with AD and resists equal.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 7:42pm | Report
Bas arnt you still silver? or gold? or are you still in bronze i forget

just a question sorry if its off topic
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 11:01pm | Report
Manamune can probably just as easily be replaced with Frozen Heart or maybe Iceborn gauntlet.
And if you have an ADC like Graves or MF who arent going to be any use if you ult them, just ult yourself, go ham, and force a retreat because they can't kill you easily.

Basically MOBAFire.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 6, 2014 11:31pm | Report

Manamune can probably just as easily be replaced with Frozen Heart or maybe Iceborn gauntlet.
And if you have an ADC like Graves or MF who arent going to be any use if you ult them, just ult yourself, go ham, and force a retreat because they can't kill you easily.

You can actually build all 3 and still go oom... on the Howling Abyss. As an aside, the Howling Abyss increases your mana regen based on the amount of mana you have. Just something to consider.
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 10:30am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

Bas arnt you still silver? or gold? or are you still in bronze i forget

just a question sorry if its off topic

I got out of bronze some time ago. Horribly enough I fell to bronze 4 until I learned to take a winning lane and use it to help others win their lane. And learned not to go ham for kills if I can't guarantee I will survive. That and I started playing Brand support and only strong jungle champs. I picked up Yorick about 30 to 40 games ago and went from bronze 1 to silver 3 at lower Elo his ability to carry is pretty crazy.

I have asked and talked to a few diamond jungles and threw my theories testing and numbers at them. A few of them won't try it but could see how it would work. H4X just laughed, but I have a few guys who said that they liked the build and numbers and we're going to try it out. It made sense and they wondered if it was not just playable but able to carry with it. Then they disabled Yorick haga
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 2:13pm | Report
I could give you some ******** numbers and tell you why AD jungle Sion is overpowered, but it's absolutely terrible. Nobody gives a damn what numbers your going to run
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 2:44pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

I could give you some ******** numbers and tell you why AD jungle Sion is overpowered, but it's absolutely terrible. Nobody gives a damn what numbers your going to run

For once, I agree with Moon.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 2:48pm | Report

For once, I agree with Moon.

I however disagree.

Yorick jungle has already been run in the LCS twice (check out Copenhagen Wolves) - while the results were mixed you surely can't say it's absolutely terrible if teams run it. It surely has to have some potential
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2014 3:18pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

I however disagree.

Yorick jungle has already been run in the LCS twice (check out Copenhagen Wolves) - while the results were mixed you surely can't say it's absolutely terrible if teams run it. It surely has to have some potential

That is the dumbest reason to do anything in a game. Just because Copenhagen Wolves did it twice, of which, btw, I am aware, doesn't mean it is actually good. Also it was quite a while ago when they did that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide