Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Master Yi tho...

Creator: Kadius August 22, 2015 4:06am
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2015 4:06am | Report
Okay so this morning im playing ranked which I basically never do but since I want to get onto silver I decided to start playing again. Anyways due to feeding raging and crying amongst the others we ended up tilting and losjng, I then had a break after being demoted. But I couldn't allow for this, I had to play dirty of course. I went back to Bronze 2 almost only playing Yi. HES SO STRONG. People say hes weak early back thats rubbish, his q has stupid base damage and his e makes his early aas hurt. I snowballed everygame annd carried myself up a division in just one afternoon. Riot kinda needs to nerf him like holy ****.
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2015 4:28am | Report
He's not problematic. He's farm dependant melee hyper carry very vulnerable to cc. That means if you have low farm, you are weak, if they have too much cc you are useless. Having that in mind, Yi is still good soloqueue champions, just look at Cowsep, he managed to get pretty high in Korea with only Yi, that means if you get stuck at certain elo, it's not problem in champion instead it's problem in you.

Keep playing Yi if you are having fun, it should be relatively easy to rank up.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2015 7:38pm | Report
I agree with Vaan99. Master Yi is a good snowball character especially in low ELO solo queue. However, as you rank up, you will run into more enemies who understand how to handle him using cc. The counter to this strategy in a team fights is to have Master Yi stay back for a couple of seconds after an engage -- hoping the enemy team uses all of their primary cc on his allies -- and then have him enter the fray and wreak havoc. Of course, the counter to this tactic is for the enemy to save a hard cc specifically for Master Yi. That's what I do when I'm supporting versus a Master Yi, Katarina, or many assassins. I'll intentionally hold back some form of hard cc to use against them when they dive against my adc. A stunned, polymorphed, or taunted Master Yi in the middle of an enemy team is a dead Master Yi.

But, yes, if the enemy team does not cc him, Master Yi is fantastic.
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2015 8:03pm | Report
Mastery Yi is weak. He's weak as ****, idiots just don't know how to play against him.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 24, 2015 8:40pm | Report
Yi in Bronze.

"4 shot every single person on. The enemy team because you can build devoured and Botrk and maaaaybe a last a Whisper but can probably replace Randuins with something else"

Basically MOBAFire.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2015 3:02am | Report
I do think tho the new defensive items have a high impact on the viability of tanky Yi, as he doesn't need to go full damage to do damage. An item like Sterak's Gage on Yi because he is likely to get bursted down should have a huge impact. Or Titanic Hydra that can be used really well with 2.5 AS and Devourer.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2015 4:28am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
I do think tho the new defensive items have a high impact on the viability of tanky Yi, as he doesn't need to go full damage to do damage. An item like Sterak's Gage on Yi because he is likely to get bursted down should have a huge impact. Or Titanic Hydra that can be used really well with 2.5 AS and Devourer.

Implying that Master Yi can't just build Blade of the Ruined King + Enchantment: Devourer or Youmuu's Ghostblade and then full tank to deal damage... However, Sterak's Gage is an interesting item on him, one that I will have to test more, on the other hand, Titanic Hydra seems to be a lackluster option. (Still need more testing to be certain)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2015 5:52am | Report

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide