Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Smurf Psychology

Creator: Ixtellor May 18, 2016 12:24pm
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 12:24pm | Report
For all the try hards who hate losing:

I have been raging pretty hard about my main account (not in game, just in real life because I am competitive and hate losing), got fed up and created my first smurf account.

I hit level 30, did my placment matches and got placed higher than I did on my main. No biggie.

What I have found is that the 'not caring as much' aspect of the smurf account makes games more enjoyable. I'm still a 'try hard' and I don't use my smurf as an excuse to play badly, or ruin the game, or anything negative. I just don't really care if I lose because I only created the account to experiment with new champs and builds. ( I realize you can do this in normals, but I hate normals and the poor attitude players have --- I want to be surrounded by people who are trying [50% of my normal games end at 20 mins with one side surrendering... just because])

In summary: I think that a smurf is a very valuable tool for competitive players. Hopefully I will climb and do as well as, or surpass my main account... at which point I wonder if that stress factor from losses will return of if I can maintain my healthy emotional response to a loss.

For the trolls of the community, smurfs are a cancer and I find people use it as an excuse to troll harder.

P.S. I just noticed that both Trick2g and FoxDrop both released a game today where they talked about how important it is to not care. (Trick just mentioned he doesn't care, and Fox said its better to remove that pressure).
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 12:27pm | Report
Whenever I am tilted I just play Urgot mid and proceed to tilt the enemy team. It is hilarious. I am a bad person...
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 3:47pm | Report
You can also just stop giving a **** on your main account though.

Regardless, glad to hear that you're getting out of your downward spiral! (If I remember your ranked thread correctly)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2016 6:14pm | Report
You can also just stop giving a **** on your main account though.

Not giving ****s is usually the solution to various tilts
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide