Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

LoL Mechanics Survey - Help needed!

Creator: Mozared June 4, 2016 6:45am
Mozared
<Member>
Mozared's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 6:45am | Report
Greetings summoners!

Allow me to briefly introduce myself: my name is Boyd Zeedzen (or Mozared), and I'm currently a Master student in Game Studies at the University of Amsterdam. At the moment, I am working on my thesis, which focuses on so-called 'personalization mechanics' within MOBA-genre games; these are mechanics that can be found within games that allow a player to tailor their experience to their own wishes. Think skins, multiple hero options, that kind of thing.

In order to find out more about their effectiveness, I am studying the four biggest MOBA's on the market: Heroes of the Storm, Defense of the Ancients 2, Smite, and of course, League of Legends. One way I am doing this is by holding a (hopefully) widespread 5-minute survey directly asking players of these games about their experiences with these mechanics. So far I've had a good amount of reactions from Smite, HotS and DotA players, but I'm in dire need of responses from League players.

As you might have guessed, this is where you come in: I need as many League players as I can get to give me a response. So without further ado, I'll leave the link with you:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16juuIxXi3ETjtCXLSb8Iyr-XIsvQ4-c3UFimjAV5AA4/viewform

If there's enough interest, I'll be sure to post my eventual results here as well, as I promised the folks over at Reddit I would do. So if you're interested in participating and learning more about these mechanics and how they apply in League, then stay tuned and hit the link. For science!

P.S. All data gathered will be kept anonymous and will only be used for the purpose of this research.

P.P.S. If you want to share the survey, this is much appreciated - I simply ask that you please link to this post rather than sharing the survey directly.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 10:32am | Report
Done. Good luck with your survey.
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2016 2:54pm | Report
done!