Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Build vs Guide

Creator: TheJohn June 24, 2011 6:17pm
2 posts - page 1 of 1
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 6:17pm | Report
Those two things are very common here on Mobafire, but they are what worries me. I've been checking some builds and guides to see how people are explaining things and etc, and got this conclusion:

Builds are useless. There's no need to say that your build is good, show people that you got 666/0 with your build. Every person has a different way to play and if they don't play just like you, your build isn't going to help that much.

If you understood nothing, here's an example:
I was checking some Mordekaiser builds. My friend asked me why, since I'm a great player and blah, blah, blah; I said that I wanted to see people's ideas.
Every build I checked was good, but I'd not try them. I created my build and only play with it and always got great results. Yet I'd never tell people to try it, because it requires great experience, maybe no one will play well with it because I never bought potions and wards, I'm totally different from everyone I saw until today.

So, I defend the idea of teaching people how to play. Make them find out the way they like to do things, the items they like to use.
Telling people some items you recommend is good, but telling people the items you thing they should get only because you play well with them is dumb.
I'm working on a guide and till now the only thing about items are the ones I recommend and normal people get. People will see the items and test combinations. That's what I defend.

PS: I'm not gonna tell you my build. There's a subject here and it's the idea of stop making builds and work on guides that teach people how to play, not if my build is good or not.
PS2: My god, after I created the topic, I couldnt believe I wrote so much. Sry guys.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2011 7:04pm | Report
Personally I never read Builds on MobaFire. People who submit only builds aren't going to change their ideas due to feedback - to them they've found the best build and that's that.

People who write guides and go into detail about their champion - they're the people who will be most receptive to feedback because they want to learn more, try more, do better.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide