Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Champion Spotlight - Infinity Edge, the Massive...

Creator: Lugignaf December 12, 2011 9:33pm
1 2
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:33pm | Report
Because my Trinity Force champion spotlight was revived so well, people suggested I do other items.

Hello and welcome to the Infinity Edge champion spotlight. Featuring Infinity Edge, the Massive Crits.

Infinity Edge is a melee carry specializing in dealing high burst damage and taking out single targets.

Infinity Edge's passive is Crits for days. Upon each successful critical strike, it increases his crit damage by 0.5%

Critical Force passively increases his crit chance by a small amount. Activating it causes his next attack to crit for his crit damage plus a modifier based on level. This also resets the auto attack timer. I take this at level 1 and max it immediately.

Focused Impact passively increases Infinity Edge's armor and MR for a short time after doing a critical strike. I take this at levels 2 and 5 and max it last.

Eternal Power passively increases Infinity Edge's AD. Activating it gives a movement speed buff for a short time. I take this starting at level 3 and max it second.

Infinity Edge's ultimate ability is Unrelenting Power. Passively, when Infinity Edge gets dangerously low on health, he is granted bonus critical strike damage and critical strike chance. Upon activation, the passive bonuses are doubled and active continuously for the duration.

As soon as the game begins, I grab either Brawlers Gloves and a Health Potion or Doran's Blade. While Infinity Edge can do well in the jungle, he is simply stronger as a solo top lane because of how much damage he does and how fun of mechanics he has.

Infinity Edges's damage is almost unrivaled early game. When an enemy champion comes up to me, I simply attack them and then activate Critical Force to win the trade with my fun random mechanics.

When a teamfight starts in mid, I hang back early until most of the CC is used. I then rush in, using flash if necessarily, to get at the squishiest member of their team nearly netting me a kill on their Caitlyn from just Critical Force and a basic attack alone.

As the fight breaks up, I activate Eternal Power to chase the Singed as I know I can kill him if I catch-up. Unfortunately he uses Ghost and Insanity potion and escapes.

I take standard AD carry masteries. 21/0/9 or 21/9/0 grabbing both the critical strike damage and critical strike chance because it's such a fun mechanic.

For runes I take full critical damage runes to synergize with Critical force and to tons of damage and to add to this fun mechanic.

For items, I start off with Brawler's Gloves and a health potion, trading up for an avarice blade to further this fun mechanic. Eventually I get 2 Zeals and leave them while I get an Infinity Edge as a supplement to this fun mechanic. If the game lasts long enough, I upgrade one Zeal into a Trinity Force for the crits and massive damage. If the game lasts even longer than that, I'll upgrade the second one into a Phantom Dancer for more crits because they're such a fun mechanic.

Thanks for tuning in to the Infinity Edge champion spotlight. Please subscribe to the RIOT Games youtube channel up above.
True love is found only in yourself.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:36pm | Report
You didnt say crits, damage, or crit damage enough
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:38pm | Report
These are more to make fun of RIOT.

They say the random-ness of doge isn't fun? I say that crits are a fun mechanic!

Hence the massive "Trinity Force" and "Massive damage" spam in the last one. :P
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:41pm | Report
I know what this is about. But you didnt say crit, damage, or crit damage enough...

Random ot statement. Antonio margarito is an arrogant lazy boxer. Paccio whooped his ***. Cotto did too.

I think its due to margarito's lack of damage, crit, or crit damage
Rozsud3k
<Member>
Rozsud3k's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 9:42pm | Report
Infinity Edge on my Infinity Edge?

INFINITYEDGECEPTION

I don't even
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 10:03pm | Report
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18386403

Here's the link in case you want to bump... upvote.. etc... <_<
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 11:26pm | Report
Oh.. that was you who posted that. Yeah. That showed up in my LoL feed on my iPod for red responses.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2011 11:42pm | Report
Need more crit
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 12:03am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:
They say the random-ness of doge isn't fun?

Thank you for asking.

No, they don't actually.

They say that Dodge isn't fun because it's not really "fun" to dodge things AND it isn't fun to be dodged.

Where as with crit, it is zero sum, and Criticals are "hopefully" equally as fun when critting someone, as they are not fun when being crit.

Or something like that :s.
Tri lane for life.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 3:39am | Report
Nerf Infinity Edge's ult. If Noc, Panth and TF cant use them anywhere, why IE can?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide