Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Current meta is broken, let's change things

Creator: TheJohn January 5, 2012 12:55pm
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 4:50pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

Riot doesn't realize this yet.

I'm sure they do but the majority of the idiots who play this game don't know it yet, so Riot will wait until a large enough following complains.
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 5:15pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I'm sure they do but the majority of the idiots who play this game don't know it yet, so Riot will wait until a large enough following complains.

inb4 scarner nerf.

it's and endless cycle thou. Champions lie in wait untill someone realises how op they are. It spreads like wild fire and people start owning. Then banning in ranked. Then riot nerfing. then a new champ takes the mantle.
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
Shak3y
<Member>
Shak3y's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 5:16pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

John, get to level 30 and 600 wins please. :)

http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/19481980

He meets 1 of ur criteria. Gd effort.
Think. analysis. and improve you game. Always
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 5:26pm | Report
I've seen some "roaming teams" that completely wrecked the current meta. Namely the Blitzcrank + Alistar combo utilizing movement speed, ultimate ganking potential, and ***loads of CC. They were constantly ganking. After a gank, they'd farm the minions that were available immediately and then head to another lane. They were diving turrets level 3 with no issue, and it really rocked my world.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 5:36pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

John, get to level 30 and 600 wins please. :)

I have a friend who is nearing 1900 wins.

I'm still a way better player than him.
Tri lane for life.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 6:24pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

I have a friend who is nearing 1900 wins.

I'm still a way better player than him.

I have 250 wins and I'm prettyyyy good..

Normals wins don't mean **** lol.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2012 7:12pm | Report
Player skill =/= Experience

eg you can have one but not the other, which is what your 1900 game friend has, or what someone who is good has with less then 600 wins.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 7:54am | Report
omagma wrote:

So do ALL champs that don't have to stand still to get the full potential of there spells

Not entirely true. Mobility CAN be an advantage. It doesn't completely counter him. Consider a champion like Annie. Long AA range with medium spell range.

Stun every 4 spells, pre 6 has access to Incinerate and Dicintergrate, shield does damage back to AAs. Annie has to get "dangerously" close to effectively poke Xerath. Her cone spell (cant remember the name for which is which) is extremely close range whereas her Q is medium. Xerath can affectively counter her even if he had to stop. Why? Because his effective range is better. Meaning the player should have an easier time predicting his opponent's movements if they want to come in and poke him/her.

A champion like Cass DOES have an easier time due to her mobility and autocast spells. But she still has to affectively close the gap to get in and use Noxious Blast or Misama and then get even closer to follow up with Twin Fang. If Xerath utilizes his Q without setting up in Locus of Power then he has an even more drastic advantage.

It really depends on the player, but Xerath's lack of mobility is only a hinderance in team fights rather it becomes the additional problem to solve in conjunction with where you want to position yourself during a teamfight. When you're laning as Xerath, mobility is less of an issue unless you're getting ganked a lot. Just my 2 cents.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 8:39am | Report

Not entirely true. Mobility CAN be an advantage. It doesn't completely counter him. Consider a champion like Annie. Long AA range with medium spell range.

Stun every 4 spells, pre 6 has access to Incinerate and Dicintergrate, shield does damage back to AAs. Annie has to get "dangerously" close to effectively poke Xerath. Her cone spell (cant remember the name for which is which) is extremely close range whereas her Q is medium. Xerath can affectively counter her even if he had to stop. Why? Because his effective range is better. Meaning the player should have an easier time predicting his opponent's movements if they want to come in and poke him/her.

A champion like Cass DOES have an easier time due to her mobility and autocast spells. But she still has to affectively close the gap to get in and use Noxious Blast or Misama and then get even closer to follow up with Twin Fang. If Xerath utilizes his Q without setting up in Locus of Power then he has an even more drastic advantage.

It really depends on the player, but Xerath's lack of mobility is only a hinderance in team fights rather it becomes the additional problem to solve in conjunction with where you want to position yourself during a teamfight. When you're laning as Xerath, mobility is less of an issue unless you're getting ganked a lot. Just my 2 cents.

Problems with that is that against Xerath you stay behind minions. So he either skips harassing and don't push, or he harasses, pushes and don't avoid ganks!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 8:47am | Report
Staying behind minions doesn't reduce or prevent Xerath's damage though. So how does that help? If anything because of unit collision you have a greater chance of being hit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide