Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Dominion strategy = Domination!

Creator: iEdgecrusher September 23, 2011 10:40am
1 2
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 4:29am | Report
Agree with that luther said.

And jun. That doesn't work. They 5 man zerg bot? ok. then just capture there bot. And it goes around :S.

And i still wanna test soraka as AP defender bot. Might be good.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 9:07am | Report
The "cap 3 defend 3" strat works in CoD, and in Arathai Basin for WoW, but those 2 DON'T have global objectives to capture or obtain to boost your points/drain your enemy's points. Simply put always go for an enemy base, always defend an enemy cap attempt. You can't lose if your opponents can never hold down a "base captured" majority to drain your nexus. You can lose however if you give up every single opprutunity to extend your lead.

Guirella warfare is the best way to explain how Dominion needs to be played to win...Or that's my opinion.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 9:14am | Report
What global objectives? The only ones I have seen are those capture/defend quests where you have to cap an enemy point while defending your own. And one of the points you have to defend for those quests is ALWAYS either the top or the closest-bot point (assuming you hold them), so you should already be defending them.

I don't think there's much point trying to hold the farther two points, all you can really do is harass them a little and then retreat. It's impossible to hold them for long because of their proximity to the enemy base, the other team can simply reinforce much faster than you. What I've noticed is that whenever my team gets greedy and pushes from the mid point, we generally will all end up dying and then lose the mid point in return.

That's not to say that someone like Rammus can't neutralize or cap behind enemy lines if they're not paying attention though.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2011 9:33am | Report
Well an objective that's on the map is "global" and this is beta phase. The complexity of the task or diversity of the tasks might get better once it goes live. You can't just perma turtle. If it's working now, give it some time, the counter to perma turtle is just bum rush 1 point. If the enemy doesn't react or they go to cap a different point you keep pushing into their next base and so on.

It's what works in CoD, works in WoW. Idleness loses games imo. You should always be doing something.

But yes I can agree that overextending to take additonal points can be a poor choice. But if you're not at least keeping pressure on them, the enmy has nothing to fear and will be afforded the ability or at the least, the mentality to roam the map and contest your points.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide