Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

G13 and LoL

Creator: Cammy152 February 20, 2011 1:46pm
8 posts - page 1 of 1
Cammy152
<Member>
Cammy152's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2011 1:46pm | Report
Was looking at these the other day and i wanted to see how much better or worce it is for games?

Anyone use this for LoL? Seen some peoples views on it and they seem to like it better since you can program the keys
Ippytraxx
<Member>
Ippytraxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 11:26am | Report
I use Logitch G110, and to tell u the truth....It's great! I've macro'd quite a few things to it. First of all the basics like ss top,bot,mid and re top,bot,mid. But i've also macro'd some other stuff. For example i have macro'd ryze so that i smart cast all of my spells in a single burst. Sounds lame but not all of my keyboard has anti-ghosting capabilities so this is awesome, just point and press, instant burst!!. I've also macro'd Ezreal for example so as soon as i arcane shift i also ignite and shoot me q and w. I donä recommended a G13 but a keyboard with macro keys is much better.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 12:28pm | Report
I don't see why you'd want to use a G13 considering it's easy enough to macro a regular old keyboard or get a keyboard with macro software.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 12:39pm | Report
Ippytraxx wrote:

For example i have macro'd ryze so that i smart cast all of my spells in a single burst. Sounds lame but not all of my keyboard has anti-ghosting capabilities so this is awesome, just point and press, instant burst!!. I've also macro'd Ezreal for example so as soon as i arcane shift i also ignite and shoot me q and w.

That's not allowed in competitive play. You're forbidden from macroing any of your keys to make doing a combo easier. I'm not so sure about hotkeys for "ss top" or things like that, however.

Still, normal games aren't competitive, so yeah.
Ippytraxx
<Member>
Ippytraxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 1:13pm | Report
@Jebus McAzn
I haven't seen any rules forbidding you of macroing your keys. I'm not saying your wrong but i've scoured the League of Legends website and have still not found anything. Maybe individual tournaments like ESL or something might not allow it but in Ranked i don't think it's a porblem. Please link to the rules....
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 1:17pm | Report
Ippytraxx wrote:

@Jebus McAzn
I haven't seen any rules forbidding you of macroing your keys. I'm not saying your wrong but i've scoured the League of Legends website and have still not found anything. Maybe individual tournaments like ESL or something might not allow it but in Ranked i don't think it's a porblem. Please link to the rules....

^ this

I think Jebus was talking about tournaments and not ranked, but they have no way of stopping you, so yeah.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Ippytraxx
<Member>
Ippytraxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 1:19pm | Report
OK wasn't sure as he specified Normal games at the end so i assumed he meant ranked games as being competetive play. Yes i know, of course macros wouldn't be allowed in tournaments!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2011 1:20pm | Report
Tournaments monitor what you have in place. I.E. The computers are their computers, only the gear you bring is yours. They can monitor whether you're macroing things in software and in general, they'll disqualify you if you do modify any equipment. "Oh it only changes it by like .2 seconds though!" How many times have .2 seconds nearly nabbed you the ace, how many times have a game gone from good to terrible in .2 seconds? It may not seem that great of a deal but any arbitrary advantage that you get simply because of programing your keys is an unfair one.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide