Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How can I be more consistent as a jungler?

Creator: I want to be a Blitzball November 16, 2014 1:17am
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 1:17am | Report
I tend to main jungle, and I think I am above average when it comes to raw skill and such when playing jungle. I tend to land good kicks, I tend to get some good ganks etc. But, often after 20 minutes I either continue doing well, or I tend to fall of and not be able to do a whole lot, which happens too often in my opinion. I am aware of my mistakes, which mostly consist of me being overaggressive or getting caught while looking for a gank by their jungler. Any tips on how to me more consistent, and things to think of when jungling to keep you from not being impactful?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Uuskilu
<Member>
Uuskilu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 1:35am | Report
Try to keep tabs on your enemy jungler and play against their strategy: If they want feral flare..then invade, if they want mid to snowball..camp mid or maybe mix it up and take their jungle and snowball another of your lanes (preferably npt since its duo), just annoy the hell out of them basically,and if you want stake out one of their buff camps smite steal it and kill them

Get your team fed:Even if you are doing great everyone else might not be, try to help lanes that will snowball early on and the lanes that need help as it comes their time (pushed to turret or getting ganked)

Vision: You are the jungler, you are everywhere, ward your jungle, ward their jungle, mid ward just ran out..help a brother out and give him a spiffy new ward , ward baron/dragon and river bushes (vision wards are great here for catching out enemies just swimming down the river. Clear enemy wards as much as you can and if you can build sightstone on the jungler you are playing then even better

If I knew what kind of junglers or champs you were playing I could give less vague tips, hopefully this helped a bit though
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the epic sigpic

Also, check out my Soundcloud, I make music..kinda
https://soundcloud.com/agentagent/tracks
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 7:16am | Report
It mostly comes to game knowledge: how good your jungler ganks, their synergy with the laner (does the laner have CC that can help/follow/initiate my gank?; Does the laner have a good damage output?; Can me and the laner survive the gank? (as in, enemy is very fed/has lots of damage. Sometimes I get ganked by things like a half HP Shaco as Syndra or Swain and it's pretty much a freekill for me instead).

Remember how to make your ganks more effective: pathing (should I come from the river, from their tower, from the lane?), enemy cooldowns (did they use their escape or CC, do they have flash up), laner cooldowns (does my laner have ult/CC/gap closer up?).

Know where the enemy jungler is: where did they start? (did the botlane arrive late or did mid/top do it? This usually indicates jungler presence). Ward at least one of his jungle entrances. Did enemy jungler gank X lane? Did he have the buffs that spawned? (this emplies you know the timers) Can we do dragon because the jungler ganked toplane and we are sure we can handle the other laners/killed them so it's a free dragon. Can my jungler solo dragon after seeing enemy jungler toplane. Can I take some camps from the enemy jungler?

What kind of jungler are you: Effective ganker? Get double buffs, search for ganks. Usually the first lane to get ganked is top or mid (mostly top since people love the botlane leash), so can you handle ganking them and having their jungler around? Are you a farming jungler? Farm but keep an eye on people who push too hard, you can still get some free kills. Also if you see their jungler far away from your position, take their major monster from one or two camps. A strong counterjungler? Ward their jungle, consider invading their second buff (ward it, wait for them to start it, consider smiting the buff off of their grasp if they smite too early, try to kill them/get them to blow their flash.

Jungling is mostly awareness, presence and a bit of luck (as in, their decisions favor you because they don't know where you are)

Also, remember to take towers when it's due (or other objectives) and always make sure you get as much vision into their jungle/lanes as possible so you can keep the pressure up.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2014 1:50pm | Report
Just so we know... You're playing Lee Sin, right? Because he does tend to fall later on.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 6:59pm | Report
You sound like me lol, I gank and don't farm. It's really easy to get kill hungry and camp a lane but you need to just farm farm farm because you aren't getting exp if you don't so camping a lane for 2 minutes and boom your 2 levels behind. If you are a carry type hero Then farm as much as possible. If you're playing Lee Sin then you'll tend to level 2 gank and just early game baller around and then oncw you hit like level 10-ISH THEN YOU HARD FARM. If you are playing a bursty carry then you'll need to farm, such as playing a Shaco, or a Warwick but if you're playing Lee Sin or some other early game hero then youl want to gank a lot. depends on the jungler, if you understand this and adjust depending on who you're playing then you'll be more consistent.
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2014 7:37pm | Report
I usually try to win my games by getting a lot of dragons in the mid game. If you're able to get an early lead and exert a lot of pressure, use it to get dragons for your team. If you do it enough, your teammates are more easily able to make plays on their own since they have the XP and items to do so.

It depends on what champion you play and what your comp is, but I also tend to favor controlling the enemy jungle in the late game over drawn-out sieges, 5 man dives or actually doing baron. I just focus on getting as big of a gold lead over the enemy team as I can and then eventually we get a pick or we have enough vision control to do baron or something.

That said, some other players/champions are better at forcing team fights or picking people off while you're grouped with your team, so sieging might be better for you. Lee Sin is pretty good at everything so you should probably just work to the strengths of your team composition (siege if you have a lot of poke and a safe adc, get jungle/baron control if you have a lot of lockdown and burst on your team).
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide