Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How the *BEEP* do I counter Ezreal? Q_Q

Creator: Kirluu August 13, 2012 3:04pm
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:17am | Report
yehosera wrote:

Pick Graves and park your fat *** in the middle of the melee creeps and watch him cry trying to remove you.

I like graves is my favorite to vs as ezreal. Easy to push out of lane with simple trades.
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:26am | Report
If you stand just behind your melee creeps without maxing essence flux he can't even trade, it's just you buckshotting him whenever he thinks it's safe to get a minion and reminding him the house always wins.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:41am | Report
and that's why you max essence flux to **** on ****ty **** graves

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:41am | Report
I'm not sure about other Ezreals, but I max Essence Flux over Mystic Shot. It's practically the same thing for ez and essence flux as it is for graves and Buckshot.
Graves goes for cs, ezreal w's/autos | Ezreal goes for cs graves q's.
But one fact is that essence flux has a lower mana cost and cd then buckshot, not to mention when essence flux is in effect you can get free autos in. Though I can't say which ADC wins lane since it's mostly skill based, for me graves isn't an issue as ez, for others he might be.

yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:46am | Report
Depends on how I feel tbh with which to max :p but in a situation vs graves it's defo worth it to max essence flux first.
Graves is easy vs Ezreal just so too tanky with that passive. But I do feel which support you're with plays a large role in the match up, (generally the side with taric wins 'cause dat skill set so op for laning).
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:50am | Report
I usually max W on Ez now since it's free safe harass I only max Q if I am losing lane so I get a safe farming/poke tool.

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:53am | Report
Yeah, which support you have usually decides how the match up will go, but that's with most carries. It's not exactly "this champ does this vs this champ and wins" it's more like "this support and adc do this and that to this support and adc"

yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:54am | Report
If the enemy support is one that doesn't offer an armour buff passivly and stands in the bush a lot Q is probably worth it over W, take Janna she'll stand in the bush and if you slap her a bit with Q she can't come forward till she's taken the time to regen giving you the advantage, whereas with W you can only really hit the ADC with that and they can trade back at you. But like if the enemy support is the likes of taric and offers a butt load of armour Q is useless.
yehosera
<Video Contributor>
yehosera's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 12:57am | Report
This is true Vavena, maybe the initial post should've been what do i do about Ezreal and champion X :p I normally ***osicate Blitzcrank with Ezreal (blitz ez taric graves are the 4 most played champions atm and literally every other game is blitz ez vs taric graves) so if that was the match upo taric graves vs blitz ez you can literally stand in the minions and blitz nor ezreal can do much to move you.
Vavena
<Member>
Vavena's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2012 1:06am | Report
@1 I feel like most of the time Q is useless in lane and as you said especially vs a high armor bot like graves/taric. The support wont stand in an area where you can q her/him, and neither will an ADC. If you land all your attempted q's when they mispositioned themselves from pacing then it would be pretty good. But yeah I guess there are multiple situations to decide what to max..

@2 Here on NA I rarely get a chance to have blitz as a lane partner and rarely see an ezreal/blitz (he is one of the common bans). But now I understand what you were trying to say about standing in the middle of the minion wave haha. Probably the 3 more popular supports paired with ezreal on NA would be janna/taric/leona so standing like that would put you in a vulnerable position.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide