Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mark of Destruction

Creator: abzilla January 8, 2012 11:02pm
1 2
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 9, 2012 11:19am | Report
Yupp
MegaBeck
<Member>
MegaBeck's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 9:46am | Report
My understanding of Armor Pen and Magic Pen is that (in most cases) armor pen alters auto attack where magic pen alters click-able abilities. If that is the case, then I suppose we can assume that in particular cases with champions who rely heavily on both auto attacks as well as activated strikes, having a strong combination of Ar Pen and Mag Pen would be of great value. I really don't know if this is the case, nor have I looked much into whether or not you could achieve Ar and Mag Pen maximized values with cheaper combinations. From what I've read, you can. So, in summation, I think that these runes are the very expensive elitist items that give only a marginal increase. Which, In one hand is worthless; in the other hand, End Game, it is the difference between your opponent being dead and you having 10 hit-points left and your name being posted in victory for all to see.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 9:52am | Report
1. you shouldnt build hybrid on Teemo
2. You should stick to magic penatration for akali
3. these arent very good unless you know exactly what you are trying to do

I like to take these on orianna
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 10:00am | Report
Searz wrote:

The fact that they don't give more combined stats than one ArP rune is what hampers them. I hope they'll get buffed

Mpen is worth more than Arpen, or you'd be seeing 1.66 mpen on marks on insight.

Personally I find them appealing on most mages (maybe some hybrids like Jax and Teemo) since the 9 armor pen makes your autoattacks really pack a punch early game. I also play mages like Kennen and Lux who use autoattacks to proc other abilities.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 10:11am | Report
its good on nearly every mid except a few mids like Karthus for example, ask Wrath for more details im to lazy.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2012 4:17pm | Report
Here an article at RoG:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/oldmaneyebrows/21932-where-could-we-possibly-use-destruction-marks

BTW: This runes would be great for my newest Master Yi idea. A passive from one of his spells turns 50% damage of his basic attacks in magic damage.
He is gonna kill you!!!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide