Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Mid Champs?

Creator: oFrostio August 9, 2012 10:57am
44 posts - page 2 of 5
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2012 7:42pm | Report
Lux is incredibly fun to play, she's a complete glass cannon but the laser never gets old :)
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
FluffyBeastCZ
<Member>
FluffyBeastCZ's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 7:42am | Report
Hi, I have pretty similar question, I'm focusing on mid lane and maining Ahri and I'm getting used to ranked games and draft pick, so I'm learning all about counterpicking and stuff. What would be your perfect mid champion counter set list? I mean counters to Ahri's counters. + Some other counters to often picked champions. I'm thinking about 5 champions. Like those "must haves" but not 2 similar champions..

I already have Ahri, Lux, TF, Ryze, Kennen and Akali (which I never played well)
but you can post your general set list..
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 7:49am | Report
Well one counter to Ahri is Kassadin
and a counter to him is Talon.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
wengthemeng
<Member>
wengthemeng's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 8:08am | Report

Hi, I have pretty similar question, I'm focusing on mid lane and maining Ahri and I'm getting used to ranked games and draft pick, so I'm learning all about counterpicking and stuff. What would be your perfect mid champion counter set list? I mean counters to Ahri's counters. + Some other counters to often picked champions. I'm thinking about 5 champions. Like those "must haves" but not 2 similar champions..

I already have Ahri, Lux, TF, Ryze, Kennen and Akali (which I never played well)
but you can post your general set list..

Somewhere in your list, I think you should include Gragas. He's a champion who can clear an entire wave with 1 Q, then leave and gank another. His gank potential is very strong since his E allows him to move faster and bypass some wards by going through walls. He counters other AP mids in the sense that he clears fast and ganks other opposing champions. He's my best AP mid.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 8:23am | Report
I wouldn't say Talon is a must-have mid champion because he's quite hard to master, and I assume you mean the mid champs that every player should learn to play. But as has been said, he counters most mid laners, so he's a good champion to pick up and learn how to play.
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 8:37am | Report

I agree with all the champions listed here by Phil15 except for Kassadin. Kassadin can get shut down pretty easily. They're all very team compatible so you should experience with these few.

Some mid champions that I find are quite difficult to HARD counter are Gragas and Swain, so maybe you should experiment with them as well!

Yeah thats why I putted maybe at kassadin. The problem with him is that he is just a counterpick to ap mid casters so if you are not last pick he can get countered by decent teams and same goes for talon
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 9:09am | Report
Swain A strong pick, not the best over all but not too much wrong with him. Good sustain but can get shut down early if you don't play good with him.

Ahri Strong, very mobile. Has nice sustain with passive+the almost obligatory revolver.

Kassadin The previous insta-ban "anti-ap mid" that made idiot kids cry. He's a good champ just has a bad early game. Not strong until 6 IMO.

Vladimir Very good champ that can also go top. Sustain is nice, shines late game the most. Strong AOE ult that amplifies your teams damage.

Gragas Not really too popular any more. Not bad- just outclassed imo. Pretty bulky.

Akali Assassin, not much else to say. Easy to stomp solo-q with her and she snowballs like mad. If you let her get a kill or two early on and you don't know how to counter her you're done.

Fizz **** Fizz. Pole jumping, olympian *******.

Cassiopeia High risk, low reward. Don't use her. It only stomps in solo que.

Karthus Strong pick, doesn't mind farming for 20 minutes and playing passive because of how well he scales well into the late game. Also- R2win

Kennen Can win most lanes and go almost anywhere. Not much to say about it.

LeBlanc Assassin that most people think is bad late game. She's a single target assassin.

Twisted FateGood champ to take charge of a solo-que team with and get kills early on. Strong early game and global pressure.

2lazy to add more
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 11:20am | Report
Katarina is a tricky mid lane. Most times running her requires you to help you jungle gank so you can rake in more income faster. Diana is also viable for the same reasons.

as far as "must haves" there are none. you play who you like as a mid lane. Knowing 2 or 3 very well is far greater than knowing them all moderately. Stick to your two that you mentioned, LeBlanc and Veigar and learn to control them well. Then it won't matter who your opponent is because you know your champions enough to fight back
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 11:34am | Report
To add to Machineae's list (+rep on the fizz comment :D )

Anivia Very strong on teamfights, hard lane phase until you get used to her. Overall strong, might get people to do stupid stuff to kill you and get trolled by your passive (and killed by someone else)

Orianna Currently VERY strong. High learning curve, but high reward. With one-two kills can zone tons of AP mids.

Zyra Similar to Orianna in some points, albeit with a different zoning area and approach.

I was going to make a list of counters and ****, but amidst it got bored coz it's too much work. Just use http://lolcounter.com/ and remember that picking a counter doesn't mean you're gonna wreck the lane.
Clu Gulager
<Member>
Clu Gulager's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2012 12:00pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Just use http://lolcounter.com/ and remember that picking a counter doesn't mean you're gonna wreck the lane.

This list is great, thanks for posting.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide