Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1504 of 1800
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 3:13am | Report
That's suppose to be a carry joke, isn't it?
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 3:16am | Report

I mean, you didn't carry the game. It was the Wukong that ended up carrying your Nidalee game.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 3:26am | Report

Perhaps

Fun fact: it isn't a joke
BigBoxGamer
<Member>
BigBoxGamer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 4:36am | Report
I can't tell difference, so what's the point of removing the "C?"

He wishes Budah.
Short Term Goals: Silver/Gold/Platinum || Long Term Goals: Diamond/Master/Challenger
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 5:53am | Report
The one tip that I learnt that drastically improved my game, and this is going to sound like I'm taking the piss but it honestly has improved my game substantially, is to try and die as little as possible. Sometimes you just can't help it, the enemy outplays you and there's no way you'll get out. But if there's an opportunity where you have the decision to get something but die in the process or just back off and be safe, I generally take the safe option now and that little thing that seems like common sense is what improved my game dramatically. The best thing to do in lower elos, in my opinion, is to just not take incredibly high risks.

I disagree. If you don't take risks you don't learn from your mistakes seeing as you're not allowing yourself to learn what's a mistake and what isn't. While dying the least possible is good, you need to do that just by playing well, not playing safe. Otherwise you're just playing for KDA, which, though it will cause lolskill to ****** at the sight of your death count, won't actually help you climb any more than someone with high deaths.

KDA ratios don't win games, no matter how impressive they might look. :>
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 6:00am | Report

I disagree. If you don't take risks you don't learn from your mistakes seeing as you're not allowing yourself to learn what's a mistake and what isn't. While dying the least possible is good, you need to do that just by playing well, not playing safe. Otherwise you're just playing for KDA, which, though it will cause lolskill to ****** at the sight of your death count, won't actually help you climb any more than someone with high deaths. KDA ratios don't win games, no matter how impressive they might look. :>

I'm not saying don't die to have an au sexuale KDA ratio. I'm saying to not die because dying gives up a lot more than just gold to the enemy. If you're a jungler and you go for a risky gank and end up dying off it, then that's dragon pressure gone. Heck, that's lane pressure gone, because now all the lanes know the jungler is dead, so they know exactly where he is, so then they can afford to play more aggressively and potentially snowball their lanes. That sort of thing. Always do what benefits the team best, and if it is dying, sure, die for your team, but don't die if it's unnecessary.

Also, normal games are for making mistakes and learning. Don't go into a ranked game with the mentality that I should let mistakes happen so I can learn from them, because that's how you lose.

"Oh, well I died 1v5, but at least I learnt that I don't have enough burst to kill a squishy before I get CC'd down."
"*** u rengar ****ing ******ed cancer report gg"
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
ri]
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 6:38am | Report

I'm not saying don't die to have an au sexuale KDA ratio. I'm saying to not die because dying gives up a lot more than just gold to the enemy. If you're a jungler and you go for a risky gank and end up dying off it, then that's dragon pressure gone. Heck, that's lane pressure gone, because now all the lanes know the jungler is dead, so they know exactly where he is, so then they can afford to play more aggressively and potentially snowball their lanes. That sort of thing. Always do what benefits the team best, and if it is dying, sure, die for your team, but don't die if it's unnecessary.

Also, normal games are for making mistakes and learning. Don't go into a ranked game with the mentality that I should let mistakes happen so I can learn from them, because that's how you lose.

"Oh, well I died 1v5, but at least I learnt that I don't have enough burst to kill a squishy before I get CC'd down."
"*** u rengar ****ing ******ed cancer report gg"

Well yeah thats a point, but if you are in a ranked game as, for example, an assassin(Rengar,Talon,Zed) and the only thing that keeps you and your team away from the victory is the super fed enemy adc, then it's totally worth to jump in just to instaburst him, if you have any chance, even if it means that you'll have to die, which happens most of the time. Also if we "climb" the ranked ladder, it's because we always learn something during games that pushes us harder on the top of it, so ranked games are the best ones to learn, since people put much more efforts into them and higher is the rank, harder the game becomes.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 6:42am | Report
TIL I have a very different approach to ranked games.

Well yeah thats a point, but if you are in a ranked game as, for example, an assassin(Rengar,Talon,Zed) and the only thing that keeps you and your team away from the victory is the super fed enemy adc, then it's totally worth to jump in just to instaburst him, if you have any chance, even if it means that you'll have to die, which happens most of the time.

That sort of thing. Always do what benefits the team best, and if it is dying, sure, die for your team, but don't die if it's unnecessary.

Literally in the same excerpt you quoted. No need to tell me this.
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 6:47am | Report
We were talking about an ADC player when the discussion started so I'm going to go out and say that Buddhas right.
Because if you play safe the assassin will die before reaching you.

Basically MOBAFire.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2015 6:55am | Report
We were talking about an ADC player when the discussion started so I'm going to go out and say that Buddhas right.
Because if you play safe the assassin will die before reaching you.

Oh, well, admittedly, I was saying it as a general sort of thing.

But I feel like there are some huge misconceptions. I'm not saying play safe, I'm saying play smart. There are always times when playing safe is not the smartest option. I'm saying die as little as possible if you can help it. If you're playing a top lane match-up where you're playing Teemo against a Garen, then I'm not telling the Teemo to play passively, I'm saying he should do what the best option is without giving away deaths unnecessarily. There is very little kill pressure from a Garen when playing a champion like Teemo, so you should play aggressively, while with full knowledge that you won't be dying anytime soon.

With this example, applying what my philosophies are, if the Teemo sees a quarter health Garen under tower and Teemo can get the kill but he'll die in the process, I'm saying that the Teemo should not take that opportunity because the Teemo is in control of the lane, and why the hell would he give any sort of boost to the Garen when he can just continue to deny the Garen in lane so he is completely starved of gold and experience.
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
ri]
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide