Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pølses extended mini-guide to carrying teams...

Creator: Pølsemanden February 23, 2012 3:47am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 3:47am | Report
Hello guys, Pølsemanden here with a mini-guide to u complaining about elo-hell - straight from plat IV.
So. You're Bronze V and claim to deserve the ranks of platinum/gold/silver. This means:
U know what forcing stuff means, u know how to do it, u know when to do it.
U know what warding is, u how to do it, u know how to abuse it, u know when to do it.
U know what ur role is, u know how to itemize it for the role u currently posses, u know how to itemize against the current strength of ur enemies(taking in mind the future power of the enemies.)
Now assuming u know all this. It all comes down to letting ur teammates know this.

BE THE LEADER
I can't stress this enough. Ur team is beneath u, they're all baddies. Play with thy sheep. Make them dance like little puppets and win ur game! U can't win this alone, so make all 5 teammates follow ur orders and carry them to victory.

outdated

The Forcing
If u're 6/0 8 minutes in, tell everyone b and get ready, cuz we doing dragon. Tell toplane to push, and come dragon. Remember to get some wards down when doing it so u can pull off a double kill when bot tries to stop u. A lot of ppl forget to force buffs though. If u're denying the enemy mid-lane a blue-buff, that's pretty much an insta-won midlane. If u deny the enemy ww his red buff, there isn't much ganking potential. Always when u're infront, check for possible forcing, keep track of buff-timers. and warn ur team 1 minute before to get ready for blue/red invasion, and abuse ur advantage through the mid game.
A essential component to forcing things is knowing exactly WHEN it spawns, always time the 6 bit map objectives out-loud in chat, and alert the whole team that one of them is spawning a couple of minutes before, shorts:
Drake, Baron, EB, ER, Blue, Red ->Dragon, Baron, Enemy blue, Enemy red, Blue, Red.
Baron: 7 minutes. Dragon: 6 minutes. Buffs: 5 minutes. Minor camps are 1 minute DO not call theese out-loud - use an app or something for theese.
Forcing IS ESSENTIAL to all midgame champions. If u're leblanc and ur team is not trying to force stuff, u're doing it wrong.
THere is also a psychological aspect to this. If the enemy team can't get into their jungle and has 0 map control, never knows what ur team is gonna force next, they gon be affraid and feel they're loosing even more than they are.
Forcing can also be done even when u're behind, u just need to be outnumbering the enemy(push top go steal blue in a 5v4, return to top)

Warding
Everyone on the team should get wards(opposed to popular belief), ESPECIALLY the junger(opposed to popular belief). If u're against a ganky ***********er jungler, u need 4 wards to completely secure all the buffs.
In "elo-hell" u don't need to ward against control junglers, because control junglers at low-elo are just farm junglers. Ofc wards are still needed for top and bot(2 wards required, 4 if the enemy knows how to use a controljungler.)
When an enemy tower falls go for more aggressive wards. Instead of the normal river/bush wards, put them besides buffs, with 4 wards theese can secure buffs more easily and tells u just as much as a river ward would with proper map awareness.
Map awareness
is a key to winning, without map awareness wards are useless. Think about it, if you don't look down by the time the enemy jungler passed your ward, the ward is rendered useless and you are dead. My general rule of thumb, ALWAYS after a cs i look at the map, right after killing the creep. While walking to lane i look at the map. This is probably one of the key points i'm worst at, i don't look at the map enough, and it really bothers me when the enemy jungler walked right passed my ward cuz my lane-enemy distracted me.

Know ur character/Know ur role
A few examples:
Shaco The ganky-****er/control jungler.
**** the creeps, we needz dem ganks, and we needz loads of them. If there are no ganks available go to enemy wolves/wraiths and steal the big one.(AA-smite) should be enough, only go farming as a last resort option/when low health to get key item. This guy is a pusher/assasin/duelist. U can take out ad-carries in seconds with ur clone in teamfights but generally u're better suited with backdooring/split-pushing.

Shyvana The control/invasion jungler.
U gon be farming ALL day erryday(almost)
Take the enemy junglers farm, everytime u see him. Get a few wards so u know is position. Steal their buffs(in low-elo this can be done single handedly with strong control jungler) remember to keep track of their spawns(small camps 1 minute -> buff camps 5 ->Dragon 6 ->Baron 7.
Ur role in teamfights is a tanky damage dealer.

Irelia The anti-carry top.
Irelia is one of the better scaling champions in the game. She's an anti-carry and can kill carries in seconds if build with AD/tri-force, u can also go for AS and be a tanky damage dealer instead.

LeBlanc The ultimate mid-game mage counter.
Leblanc's role is to make the enemy AP have zero power in the midgame(where ap champions are normally powerhouses.) She utilizes getting dragons, and early game forcing to win the game.

Anivia Support mage/Pusher
Anivia has less damage than other ap-carries, her mid game is strong with a blue and can easily outlvl most ap's with her Push->wraiths->push->wraiths strategy. Her role is getting teams split up and is a pretty situational pick. With her absurd amount of pushing power she's a semi-good roamer, her MS is pretty slow though so not the best of roamers.

Twisted Fate Roamer/splitpusher.
Twisted fate is one of the ultimate pubstombers. After level 6 you can get your ad-bot and top soo fed by roaming, almost every minute there is a free kill for ya waiting. If you do get fed, get an early Nashor's tooth for the cdr´(more ulties, more kills)

Almost every champion can obtain a different role by building them differently.

Every role has an equal impact on the game
Top: The "isolated" lane, if you get a lead, nothing's gonna stop you here - snowball out of control and leave the other guy with 40 cs 15 minutes into the game. Then afterwards you get the tower and the first dragon is yours.

Mid: The "flexible" lane, if you get a lead, you can practically snowball your whole team into a victory just because of this lead and roaming. If you're losing the lane your jungler can help you back into it fairly easily.

ADC: You're gonna be stuck with a random guy who you have to communicate through pings when and what to do(which is pretty hard) also you can't really roam and is pretty much stuck in the bottom lane for 15 minutes. If you fall slightly behind it shouldn't be a big deal but if you fail it's prolly gonna cost the live of your support too.

Support: You're the guy who picks the team up onto your shoulders and shows them the way, you're responsible for vision and timing and ****. But you have to pick the right support for the job, taric is god-tier right now so pick taric dunk stuff(it's not even hard lul). Remember supports can roam too.

Jungler: This is where the mindgames are at, your mechanical skills don't mean as much as long as you got the brain seeds with you, it's you and mids job to control the pace of the game so you better ****ing get your arse out there and gank some stuff.

It's not the role, but the champion: Some champions has a higher impact on the game than others, as an example: Jarvan IV support/jungle is a huge play-maker and deals a fine amount of damage, Nunu support/jungle is NOT a huge playmaker and taking nunu pretty much just hands your balls to the ad-carry hoping they won't give em a slap.

Roaming
Roam! Roaming is such an important strategy in low-mid elo. If you do get mid, pick a strong roamer, who can push in seconds.

Twisted Fate is probably one of the hardest baddy-carries in the game, dat ult bra dat ult. But opposed to popular belief not only champions with teleports in their kit can roam. oriana can push out her lane quite fast and walk whereever she pleases in the seconds until the creeps come back to the lane

Don't be affraid to go unconventional, not only the FoTM can carry shiz
All champs are viable(except for karma), you just need to find their niché. I'm gonna give you an example.
Back in the season 2 championships(don't quote me on this, not entirely sure) everyone ran a 20 minute boring lanephase, ppl didn't really care much for early aggression(especially not in the dangerous bot-lane where the carry goes). A newcomer team called Goose, turned everything upside down, they picked what i like to refer to as "the original kill-lane". Jarvan IV- Leona This bot-lane completely shut down every known enemy ad-carry and is so ****ing hard to do anything about becase they have double long-range CC, they went full-scale unconventional and made pro-team bot-lanes like the famous LiftLift-Chauster(arguably the best bot-lane at the time) look like 1400 elo soloq'ers. At the time following this soloq went full derp with kill-lanes everywhere, running bruiser Leona on everything. People were dumb as **** since leona wasn't the one making the double bruiser lane work, the answer was the manliest guy out there, it was Jarvan IV. Since then i've played Jarvan IV support in the bot-lane as a counter to No-dash AD-carries, to outline him he's: Leona with slightly less burst, slightly more dueling power, slightly less tankiness, more CC but less reliable CC but his key-point is his massive spike in Utility.

Target your *******ed bans instead of "I BAN OP CUZ OP AND CUZ LAST GUY DID IT LUL"
I can only give you an example again, i can't really explain much more than ban what YOU can't play against. Throughout Season 2 i always banned riven, because i simply couldn't handle riven with Shaco nor could i do so with Irelia(my 2 mains at that point) i've received a lot of flame for this ban throughout the season but it worked for me. Currently my target bans are: Amumu i'm not confident enough that i can shut him down and just don't trust my team against an amumu, Xin Zhao ****ing xin zhao man. He ****s up my **** everytime.

Win your lane, Win your game.
This might sound ******ed and obvious, but i can't tell you how important this is to notice. It doesn't matter if you buy some mid-game items like double Doran's Blade on a Riven to anihilate the enemy laner as long as you profit from it. Doesn't matter you get 4-5 health potions when goin back, if it wins your lane, it can potentially snowball and win the game.

Another thing about winning your lane are the mechanics of the lane, when the lane is frozen and pushing, short video explaining how and when to lanefreeze Bewarned though, when you freeze the enemy can do as he pleases since you won't be pressuring his turret so be sure to call ss'es and ping the missing enemy.

Winning your lane isn't necessarily outfarming your opponent, downing an early tower can also serve as a great addition to winning the game. If you down an early tower, push the lane to around the enemies second tower, go back and try to down another tower on another lane(generally top and bot are easier to get down because it's harder for the enemy to aid the tower), then down the 3rd tower. If you do this succesfully like the asian ******s you can acquire so much global gold in such a short amount of time that you'll win the game just off of that. Not only this, but your team also acquired 1/3 of the map in free vision denial for your enemy, you just made their blue/red your blue/red. You just made the dragon and baron your asset rather than theirs since you'll have to go through a lot less of unwarded territory than your enemy does. Thus winning your game through a simple early towerdive, we've also seen this happening in the pro-scene where the enemy junglers are performing lvl 3 1v3 dives and downing a tower 4 minutes into the game and steamrolling from that. This is also the reason for a lane-switch.
Learn the basic game mechanics
For example, KS-ing is often really really good. Let me explain.
Gold for kills and assist are divided like this:
Killer gets 100% so no ks=100%
Assisters gets 60%(totally so 2 assisters=30% each) so Assist+ks=160% of the gold.

Greed is for the weak
really.. Don't be greedy, it ruins your game. And as explained above, if you go into 2 kill 1 and die, most of the time it isn't worth it(unless you said so in chat, if you did so IT'S ALWAYS WORTH IT!). Also if you get greedy at say level 10, towerdive at the top-lane, enemy laner gets away with 5 hp but you die, that's a free dragon for the enemy team. So your greedyness just cost you a dragon(1k gold). Always think about the risks when doing something.

Compliments>Constructive critisism>Flaming

The desperate baron
If u're behind the same thing applies tbh. if u're 0/30 by the 20th minute u're currently loosing. But why not all try and go for one last baron that might turn the game around instead of plain surrendering. It's completely flawed logic, and noone expects a baron. 2/3 of the times it will fail, but the last 1/3 time the baron buff might win u the game. Look at the bright side though u're standing against a 3/3 loss chance.

Better be 5 dummies than 2 smarties
This is not always true.. But more often than not it is..
Better have the whole team there trying to take a baron which probably isn't going to end well(but might) than only have 3 there just for letting them go for the finish afterwards. In the final minutes of a game, if u go anywhere better ****ing go there as a team.

Response section
"No you can't carry as a support befor a certain elo. As you can't turst the ppl to do it right even if they are fed. Belive i had that one blitz game where i fed my mf 7 kills and she rushed a atams. What to do against that?"
Ok.. So if u were blitz, grabbed ur ad 7 kills, u could be taking a dragon with the help of a jungler, EVEN if the ad is building AP items.. Tank items, i don't give a ****.. Regardless ur ad is gonna be sooo far in front that regardless the dragon is almost safe and easily won, with wards and thee pulls u can simply zone out the enemy.

It is kind of cute that you think that the guy would rly do something you tell him. Just to good.
When he poked down the tower he startet to run around and die to everyone. Littel thing you can do if ppl just don't want to listen.

If ur calls go well, ppl will start to acknowledge ur authority, they will start to listen. If your performance on the other hand is poor, all ur calls fail. At that point ur authority will be=0 and the team will be a unrambled pack of monkeys running around just waiting for someone from the enemy team to man-up and do some calls, or slowly but securely let the team with the better scaling/synergy win.

I'm implying u as blitzcrank would suggest a jungle invasion, therefore would u most certainly have a first-blood, thus have u already gained authority through first-blood and/or an enemy buff.

I think you might want to write a little more on team composition. I think that is an important element that this mini-guide is looking over.

You might want to explain to your readers that every team operates best if they have some sort of inititator.
For instance, even though you might play a mean Shyvana jungler, but if your solotop is someone like Jax, you might want to play Amumu jungle or Malphite jungle because the jax would be much more useful in teamfights if he could save his Counter Strike for later usage.

Having a good initiation is pretty important, as it allows your team to more easily force objectives, or get kills.

Have to go to work now, but i'll expand on this later

<3 u polse :)

U

ICWUTUDIDTHAR!

Well thing is, i disagree. You should pick champions you're mean at, if you suck at amumu don't play him. Outright counterpicking yourself isn't a good idea but picking to make your team slightly better isn't good if you suck at the champ you're picking. As an example: I played under 10 champs consistently from bronze to plat:
Shaco, Hecarim, Jarvan, Trist, TF, Akali, Kennen and Irelia outlined are the champs that i currently play.

This whole thing is wrong. You don't mention stacking Black Cleavers anywhere. >:[

Armagawd sorry, completely forgot to add that. (even though i don't believe in more than 2 tbc's.)

This is for now my Carry through elo-hell miniguide, more info can be added upon request.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 3:55am | Report
"clap clap clap"

Bravo.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 3:58am | Report
now i just need to start listening to theese tips and i'm good to go :D

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 4:07am | Report
Good read, enough basics to get to mid elo at least. :p

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 4:13am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Good read, enough basics to get to mid elo at least. :p

what would u like more?

Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 6:12am | Report
The thing is, it's significantly harder to carry in 1.6k elo because a bad player makes a much greater impact on the game.
You have to be polite, know the game mechanics and how to teamfight(Something most players are terrible at).
You always have to play to the best of your ability like you are in a tournament game.

And the most important thing is to not get greedy. I noticed that the only games where I performed bad were when I got greedy. After realizing that, my ELO raised in an instant and I am on my way to higher elo atm.

Those are my five golden rules when playing ranked:

1.: This is the most important part: Just do it.
Don't be afraid of ranked games, don't be afraid of losing. The ELO system is fair and it puts you where you belong after a couple hundred of games if you play good.

2.: Have one or two champs you play at an awesome level and at least one support you're good at. Doesn't matter where those champs usually play, you can even main a support and go big.

3.: Never ever get greedy. The difference between a good and a bad player is greed.

4.: You will learn new champs and roles in your elo journey. You will be playing champs for the first time sometimes. Don't stick to what you are used to and get out of your comfort zone.

5.: Keep your motivation.

I take the points you stated as self-explanatory on my ELO(and they usually are)
, but they help in low ELO, that's why I said that those will definitely help you to get out of low elo if you appreciate them. :P

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 23, 2012 7:02am | Report
you forgot one as well:
never flame your team - even if they simply suck
cuz they'll just go even more bad and mb report you.
Moreover flaming destroys teamgame and you dun want that

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 9:30am | Report
Added Compliments>Constructive critizism>Flaming.

LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 11:48am | Report
Nice guide. It will be funny if all try to be the leader XD
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 12:17pm | Report
If you get that scenario then you will win cause all will focus on the team and not only on themselves.

My nr 1 is "be humble". To yourself, your teammates and your actions!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide