Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Question for Diamonds and Plats: How are these...

Creator: Kalaaver December 27, 2013 6:54am
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2013 9:28pm | Report
Ok try laning her vs a riven lol. Anyone wanna 1v1 that? Anyone?
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2013 9:42pm | Report
Riven is on pretty high priority ban right now.

Also, people have been saying that Katarina's most garbage phase is laning whilst shining in teamfights with sudden pickups, so why would you offer a 1v1...?

Samsung Blue's Pawn played Katarina a few days ago against SKT T1 K and when behind about 8K gold (I think), due in no small part to the Katarina pick, completely swung it back to near dead-even (they lost due to poor map control later).
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 4:46am | Report
Is it just me or each answer in this thread contradicts the others to a degree?
I don't play LoL anymore.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 6:26am | Report

Is it just me or each answer in this thread contradicts the others to a degree?

different expereiences and different skills with the champs makes for a fun time determining who is really best of the best. Theory crafters can crunch numbers all they want, but it all comes down to skill sets. If I took my Silver *** to a Katarina duel against a gold player who didn't play her as often as I did I am sure I would win because I know the ins and outs of Kat: I know what makes her strong, how to build her for maximum effect, and I know how to lane her well. Guys here don't have the exact same skill sets so "Lol Darius sucks" vs "I can cream anyone with Darius" comes from that differnece.

If I wanted to I can round up statistics and make a tier chart based on that.
I post stuff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 6:31am | Report
So in a nutshell; find a champ that you like to play, play hundreds of games with it, master all the necessary game mechanics with it and only then have a go at the League of Tiers.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 6:54am | Report
top tier for you maybe. I cna't play Kassadin at all. I might try to practice with him but in the end I jsut feel like I I will be sucking balls when I should be rape facing with him. so in my tier list Kassadin is pretty low compared to Kat Ahri and others I play more.

Tier lists come from theory crafters who crunch all kinds of numbers, from ability ratios, CDs, and just about every stat under the sun, to Win and pick ratios in Solo Q, to win and Pick Ratios in LCS games. Even what is "valued" at the time is considered ("Anivia is great and she doesn't have the power to stay in team fights without getting a good lead in lane first. ultimately she doesn't contribute as much as other AP carries do by comparison" -Random THeory craft I just made up to prove a point). People look at this tier lists listen to what the guy had to say.

so in a nutshell, no. Enough people have to start doing well with a champion raise which tier they are in, and theory crafters and tier list makers have to look at why the change is happening.
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 6:58am | Report
LevasK wrote:

Malphite-Pretty bad.

dont insult my malph amg
"Some call it magic. I call it good graphic."
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 9:33am | Report
Kazega wrote:

Guys here don't have the exact same skill sets so "Lol Darius sucks" vs "I can cream anyone with Darius" comes from that differnece.

Darius "sucks" because even though he dominates most lanes, he inevitably always 100% pushes the lane every single time, and he has no escapes. Therefore, Darius "sucks" because simply by being Darius, he's going to get camped and the enemy jungler will lose his lane for him.

He doesn't suck at low Elo because junglers don't always recognize Darius's strong lane dominance, and don't think to camp him.
I post stuff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 4:40pm | Report
Kazega wrote:

top tier for you maybe. I cna't play Kassadin at all. I might try to practice with him but in the end I jsut feel like I I will be sucking balls when I should be rape facing with him. so in my tier list Kassadin is pretty low compared to Kat Ahri and others I play more.

Tier lists come from theory crafters who crunch all kinds of numbers, from ability ratios, CDs, and just about every stat under the sun, to Win and pick ratios in Solo Q, to win and Pick Ratios in LCS games. Even what is "valued" at the time is considered ("Anivia is great and she doesn't have the power to stay in team fights without getting a good lead in lane first. ultimately she doesn't contribute as much as other AP carries do by comparison" -Random THeory craft I just made up to prove a point). People look at this tier lists listen to what the guy had to say.

so in a nutshell, no. Enough people have to start doing well with a champion raise which tier they are in, and theory crafters and tier list makers have to look at why the change is happening.

Theorycraft all you want but a top tier champ is garbage when played by someone who's bad at the game or at the role the said champ is designed to fulfill.

Imho it's all about mentality and general game mechanics. If you go on tilt after any negative experience in a match or can't CS or have no map awareness then no top tier champ will help you. Get those things sorted out first while playing whatever you are best at playing and only after that have a go at those top tier champs.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2013 5:20pm | Report

Darius "sucks" because even though he dominates most lanes, he inevitably always 100% pushes the lane every single time, and he has no escapes. Therefore, Darius "sucks" because simply by being Darius, he's going to get camped and the enemy jungler will lose his lane for him.

He doesn't suck at low Elo because junglers don't always recognize Darius's strong lane dominance, and don't think to camp him.

I meant Kat but I guess it could be applied to any champ... except Urgot....

Theorycraft all you want but a top tier champ is garbage when played by someone who's bad at the game or at the role the said champ is designed to fulfill.

Imho it's all about mentality and general game mechanics. If you go on tilt after any negative experience in a match or can't CS or have no map awareness then no top tier champ will help you. Get those things sorted out first while playing whatever you are best at playing and only after that have a go at those top tier champs.

I just said this. seriously the wording is different but this is what I just said....

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide