Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Smartcasting with Varus

Creator: Satella May 31, 2013 12:51pm
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 12:51pm | Report
So during the CLG scrims yesterday I heard Doublelift complain about smartcasted Q on Varus not going in the direction he wants. I didn't believe him and tried it out; surely enough, it's true! If you simply tap Q to smartcast his Piercing Arrow as fast as possible, it doesn't take the position of your mouse pointer when you cast the skill, but rather, it takes the position of your mouse pointer when the skill comes out.

Let's say you're kiting backwards while autoattacking and you want to throw a quick Q; you mouse over the opponent, tap Q, let go, then right click behind yourself to move backwards. Even though you completed the "casting" with your Q aimed precisely at the enemy, your Q will end up firing backwards and miss. What's up with that? Does this mean I simply can't use a Varus Q while kiting backwards?
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 12:59pm | Report
I've also seen this, especially bothering when I want to pop out passive from W fast or while doing golems.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 10:49pm | Report
I've seen this too, but I knew the problem.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 11:12pm | Report
Happened to me a few times too. I thought I was just being too hasty with the clicking.. Guess not.

Also, sometimes Nidalee's Pounce will randomly make her jump the exact opposite way of which she is facing.... incredibly frustrating.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide