Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Talon v. Cassiopeia?

Creator: padam May 9, 2012 3:19pm
1 2 3
Cassio vs Talon
GrimmFate
<Member>
GrimmFate's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 10, 2012 9:00pm | Report
I think Jeffy has pretty much said anything that I could say.
There's almost no reason for a Talon to win against a Cassi, assuming they're on equal skill level. There should be NO reason for it. She's one of the few people I won't lane against as a Talon. You can't trade with her, He can silence you land two hits (One of them being a buffed hit that gives you a DoT) then slow you and back off taking minimal damage (Or slow you then land the double hit for the extra passive damage, whatever you want to do.) You can't do that with her, at least not one with at least half a head on their shoulders.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 2:48pm | Report
why dont you and your friends actually play it out...

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 4:34pm | Report

Cass wins easily at all stages of the game against talon....What's the worst mistake to do against Cass? GET IN MELEE RANGE. That makes landing her skills easy. Anyone who says Talon wins is assuming he will burst her down...Realize that most Cass's build spell vamp now...The 1 advantage Talon has is his initial Silence+Stealth...But imo Talon loses the match up HARD.

Hextech Revolver isn't that effective against burst mages, the same would be true against burst assassins. You wouldn't build Revolver against a leblanc, even with it the sustain isn't there.

The thing that makes Talon so difficult for Cassiopeia is you have to be ahead to win. His dash silence + bleed and rake makes it very difficult for her to trade with that between level 3-5. After level 6 she can hope to stick it out and ult, but I'm not so sure she wins at all points. I think Cass really needs to get ahead at levels 1 and 2.

EvilDice wrote:

why dont you and your friends actually play it out...

logic and reason on the internet? nonsense...
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 4:58pm | Report
Getting revolver offers sustain in the lane. That alone is reason enough, if talon wants to try and trade with cass that becomes a whole different animal. Comparing a burst caster to a burst assassin offers little in way of similarity. Especially between leblanc and talon. Mainly because leblanc is so very item independant unlike talon. As i said the win is simple, cass hits level 2 and pushes talon from lane. in a straight up 1v1 talon has no chance. He will be pushed from lane. He needs items but needs gold to get them. If he cant farm he is ****ed.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 11, 2012 8:29pm | Report

Mainly because leblanc is so very item independant unlike talon..... He needs items but needs gold to get them.

I'm not sure which one it is, you say two different things in your post. I would agree that Talon needs items, LeBlanc isn't as item dependent as Talon in my opinion, but that's besides the point.

The sustain on revolver isn't that great, unless you're using your poisons to clear minion waves then your pushing hard. Even then I don't think that would be enough sustain. I agree you would have to push him out at level 2, but if you don't then I think you will lose lane
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide