Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The Community

Creator: listick02 September 28, 2011 10:40am
17 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 8:06pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

**** the team, the only important thing is you.

I wouldn't call this the greatest advice. This kind of thinking leads to trolls and griefers.

My favorite way to avoid trolls and noobs is to play with an arranged team whenever possible. Join the MobaFire chat room in-game (just search Mobafire) and you might find some people who are up for a game. Finding some real-life friends to play with is also a good way to have a reliable team.

If you are playing with a random person who ends up feeding, leaving, afking or being offensive, just report him. The tribunal works, but it takes time to work up more severe bans for repeat offenders. Leaving a comment in your report is a good idea too. It's the first thing I look at when I'm doing tribunal.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 4:05pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I wouldn't call this the greatest advice. This kind of thinking leads to trolls and griefers.

My favorite way to avoid trolls and noobs is to play with an arranged team whenever possible. Join the MobaFire chat room in-game (just search Mobafire) and you might find some people who are up for a game. Finding some real-life friends to play with is also a good way to have a reliable team.

If you are playing with a random person who ends up feeding, leaving, afking or being offensive, just report him. The tribunal works, but it takes time to work up more severe bans for repeat offenders. Leaving a comment in your report is a good idea too. It's the first thing I look at when I'm doing tribunal.

Of course it isnt, but fighting fire with fire can be less stressing than getting mad at trolls.

If only I could join the PVP.net chat for more than 5 mins T.T

OMG, totally forgot about the tribunal. Time for judgement.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 4:22pm | Report
Saying "**** the team" is a semi decent strategy depending on your role. If you're the jungler, gank to blow summoners and play like top is just AFK at the tower. Ward for yourself and, if it helps your teammate, so be it.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 5:15pm | Report
kaas wrote:

Yea, the problem is: we can't do anything about it, it's a free game and we just have to accept it.

Actually, you can.

Find a group of people to play with, have everyone jump in Vent, and proceed to win. That's what I've done for the last month or so. Found a chill group of people (Actually started here on MOBAfire, when someone asked for help <3), they had a Vent server, I joined, now we play together alllll the time. It completely solved the problem that I had previously (The same problem as you). So, yeah, that's definitely the way to go.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 5:26pm | Report
iBradlee wrote:

Actually, you can.

Find a group of people to play with, have everyone jump in Vent, and proceed to win. That's what I've done for the last month or so. Found a chill group of people (Actually started here on MOBAfire, when someone asked for help <3), they had a Vent server, I joined, now we play together alllll the time. It completely solved the problem that I had previously (The same problem as you). So, yeah, that's definitely the way to go.

You know whats the most incredible thing when you play with a full pre-made team? There are great pre-made teams too. I have lost few matches already, the other team played well.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 6:14pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:
You know whats the most incredible thing when you play with a full pre-made team? There are great pre-made teams too. I have lost few matches already, the other team played well.

Yeah, no doubt you'll be playing against a more difficult team, if and when you join up with friends and play with a full pre-made. Personally, I find this a lot more fun and rewarding, rather than playing against unorganized random opponents. The reward for winning is far greater too, in my opinion. You'll also learn more, and become a much better player yourself, when FORCED to strategize/play smart alongside your team.
But, what I was getting at: Although you will (9 times out of 10) be playing a team far more difficult when you join up on a pre-made, you will also do away with all the intentional feeders, trolls, and generally unskilled players (providing you don't have any on your team :P). Problem solved.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 6:26pm | Report
iBradlee wrote:

Yeah, no doubt you'll be playing against a more difficult team, if and when you join up with friends and play with a full pre-made. Personally, I find this a lot more fun and rewarding, rather than playing against unorganized random opponents. The reward for winning is far greater too, in my opinion. You'll also learn more, and become a much better player yourself, when FORCED to strategize/play smart alongside your team.
But, what I was getting at: Although you will (9 times out of 10) be playing a team far more difficult when you join up on a pre-made, you will also do away with all the intentional feeders, trolls, and generally unskilled players (providing you don't have any on your team :P). Problem solved.

I havent played against another good full pre-made team for some time already. I taught some friends how to play and now we are pwning the others.

But I'll never forget the match of the masters: once I and 4 more friends decided to play. We were the bests of the group (we were a clan, but now people kinda stopped playing). I've never thought I could find anyone who could beat us. We were pwned so hard that day.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide