Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Vayne in SoloQ?

Creator: UnitedDK December 24, 2014 3:56am
13 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
GodKiIlThemAll
<Member>
GodKiIlThemAll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 5:02am | Report
Everything can work in Soloqueu if you can play it well enough to win the match even some champions that are considered unviable or useless such as Urgot, Tryndamere, Poppy... can win.
About Vayne, she's one of the strongest hyper ADC of the game but in Soloqueu, many people don't have the patience to wait for Vayne to reach her ultimate power and even if she can reach it, she still requires the player to master her well enough to find the best position in teamfights. And once Vayne loses the laning phase, and she doesn't have any decent amount of kills, the game is pretty much over for her. Vayne winning the laning phase in the current meta is very hard, Lucian, Corki, Caitlyn or maybe Tristana can bully her so easily with there abilities or simply their long-as-hell range. Even when your jungler comes to help you, you don't have that much damage to follow up since you're still weak. Lucian or Corki's early damage is obviously strong, Caitlyn and Tristana have huge range, they can shot from afar and save their 90 Caliber Net/ Rocket Jump to escape. Unlike Vayne, she has such low range so she may have to use Tumble to get closer to the enemies, but that's all she has. If she gets counter-ganked at the time Tumble goes into cooldown, she has no other choice to use Flash or even Heal to flee.
Another champion similar to Vayne is Kog'Maw, but this little bug doesn't have Tumble like Vayne does so it makes his positioning in teamfight is much harder.
But anyway, if you're confident enough to bring her to Soloqueu, just do it.
jcdagohoy
<Member>
jcdagohoy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2015 9:40am | Report
Only play Vayne when you have you have a friend to support you. Cause Vayne's early game is kind of weak, but having Condemn makes up for it. As a main Vayne myself(haven't reach any division yet), its really hard to get used to Vayne's mechanics, but since I'm a veteran at DotA, its not really a big deal.

In early game, just focus on lasthitting as much as possible and try to harass when you know you can. When your support tries engage, make sure your condemn is ready then you just stack up the silver bolts until the opponent dies.
Ellodere
<Member>
Ellodere's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2015 7:40am | Report
Vayne is interesting in so many ways as an adc. Her abilities and kit provides her with survivability, unpredictability (her ultimate + Q makes her invisible) and of course, she can do loads of damage with her W and AS speed. The reason vayne is so good, is because of that she has the potential to outplay other adc's, tanks or any other role really. That's why we love to see vayne montages where people play her to such an extent, that she is almost (and I emphasize "almost") perfect. Yet, like every other champion, it always comes down to how good a player's decision making and mechanics are.

Vayne doesn't have a weak early game in my own personal opinion but she isn't close to being a Draven or someone like Corki or even Lucian. She is different, because she can actually counter adc's with her kit, even though she does have some counters to her, she can still do well and even destroy other carries in some situations. It's all about the mindset, the game knowledge and the mechanics that the player has.

To really break down what I mean, I want to take an example like Lucian, my main. Lucian is very very strong, and combined with a rune page of 5-6 as speed glyphs, 4-3 mr glyphs, 5 health seals and 4 armor seals (the nowadays common setup of seals), 9 marks of ad and 2 as speed quints and one ad quint. I use this runepage for all adc's, because it gives you 11 ad and a good amount of as speed, and there's even a guide with this rune page I think (I will have to look for it again, I forgot).

Anyway, back on topic. Lucian has a strong damage output with his whole kit from early level 1 and through the rest of the game. His Q is a good way to poke people, mainly used through minions to hit the enemy adc/support without going too close to them. Lucian is safe when he uses his Q in such a manner, but it comes with a counterplay. You can stand in a position, beside the minion wave and parallel to lucian which will completely nullify his ability to Q you through minions. All that you really gotta do is change your positioning in lane when you play against Lucian.

This is a counter play that I found from playing vayne against Lucian. It's pretty simple really, just try and not stand in front of Lucian when you go behind your minion wave, be to the left of him or to the right, and trying your best to avoid angles from where he can hit you is always going to be handy (this counterplay applies to every adc vs lucian, not just vayne).
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide