Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2016 3:20pm | Report
I feel like it's super risky though to 'just' go for the 2v1 and not capitalize on their weak side. If the enemy does capitalize (I know this is rare but it only takes one guy to know how to answer properly) you'll be put so far behind the game might be over right there.

I mean I'm by no means experienced on solo queue laneswaps (I've had my fair share of competitive 5's but never initiated one on my own in solo queue) so I may just be wrong here, this is just my view.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 2:51am | Report
Is there currently any strong support that would buy the coin line of items? And of the two finished items, which is better? I suppose if you don't need the active of Talisman, the nomad's + sightstone would be better, right?

Is FQC still superior to the combination item? Similar to Talisman, if you don't need the active, would the other option be better?

Finally, I've seen Madlife take Grasp of the Undying on champs like Braum and Alistar. Any reason to take it over the more common masteries?

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 3:44am | Report
Is there currently any strong support that would buy the coin line of items? And of the two finished items, which is better? I suppose if you don't need the active of Talisman, the nomad's + sightstone would be better, right?

Is FQC still superior to the combination item? Similar to Talisman, if you don't need the active, would the other option be better?

Finally, I've seen Madlife take Grasp of the Undying on champs like Braum and Alistar. Any reason to take it over the more common masteries?

1. Soraka, Eye of the Oasis is pretty good if you don't need the active yes, allows you to build into other items much more quickly + you get an extra ward stack

2. Yes, it's superior. I still get it most of the time (80-90%?), but I occasionally rush Eye of the Watchers if I happen to have exactly enough gold for that item but not enough for sightstone + FQC. I think the main benefit of FQC is that you can use the active to scout ahead and use that to get deep wards safely or find the enemy jungler (IMO it's not as good to initiate fights or create picks any more), so if you're not using it that way I'd lean towards the sightstone upgrade.

3. Can't see any benefit over Bond of Stone except in extended fights where you can constantly get those procs.
EricboyZ
<Member>
EricboyZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 3:42am | Report
Firstly, When should i take ignite over exhaust on supports like Thresh, Braum, etc. just general situations.

Secondly, Why does Korea play Elise support?

Thirdly, Do u think Maokai support is any good? What masteries do u recommended?

Greetings,
EricboyZ
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 6:54am | Report
EricboyZ wrote:
Firstly, When should i take ignite over exhaust on supports like Thresh, Braum, etc. just general situations.

Secondly, Why does Korea play Elise support?

Thirdly, Do u think Maokai support is any good? What masteries do u recommended?

Greetings,
EricboyZ

1. When you want kill potential during the early game, exhaust is more defensive/neutralizing

2. I don't think they do (at least not competitively). If they do, it's probably only for the relatively high kill and snowball potential during lane.

3. No, probably generic tank 0/12/18
EricboyZ
<Member>
EricboyZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 7:06am | Report
Any advance Thresh tips u have?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 7:17am | Report
EricboyZ
<Member>
EricboyZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2016 9:01am | Report
Graçias ;p
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2016 3:38am | Report
I may or may not have asked this question before but... What do you think about Greater Mark of Armor in low damage supports? Personally I use it for Janna and all of my tanky supports, since the damage alternatives wouldn't add much value.
I want to be a Blitzball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2016 4:10am | Report
Don't you run those marks on nearly every tank supp? (Braum, Alistar, Trundle)

Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide