Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2016 12:28pm | Report
Someone with time and knowledge....

Start a thread where people record what they dynamic queue as.
Would be interesting to see what roles members take.

I was curious because of Vynertje last post... was wondering what he queues as and in what order.
(I assume support first....)
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2016 12:53pm | Report
support/mid or support/fill, but let's not start that here, for secondary I just try to pick control champs (i.e. ori/lulu/maokai) in whatever role I can play them
EricboyZ
<Member>
EricboyZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2016 12:58pm | Report
Hey, i have a question.
I cant really decide when to pick exhaust and when to pick ignite.
Im mostly playing Thresh, Nautilus and Janna.
Could u tell me when i should pick exhaust on these and when i should pick ignite?
Would be really helpfull to me!

Thanks in advance guys!
Greetings,
EricboyZ
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2016 1:09pm | Report
Ignite if you want to kill the enemy lane 2v2 pro-actively, exhaust is better for either reactive or more passive laning phases. Ignite is there to cancel out the enemy heal, exhaust is there for cancelling out damage. For example, Thresh can easily get kills in laning phase and therefore I'd generally recommend Ignite. Janna however is not really oriented at killing but rather push/poke/disengage, therefore Ignite is not as useful on her. Nautilus falls a bit between the two as he can be played aggressively in certain matchups but is not as strong as Thresh 2v2.
Dune0z
<Member>
Dune0z's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2016 9:09pm | Report
I have been trying to improve my warding after laning-phase. What are some of the most important wards I need to focus on, I tend to pink the bush in Dragon River, One ward in the pit, One at there blue, and one at there raptors. Any tips?
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2016 1:22am | Report
Dune0z wrote:
I have been trying to improve my warding after laning-phase. What are some of the most important wards I need to focus on, I tend to pink the bush in Dragon River, One ward in the pit, One at there blue, and one at there raptors. Any tips?

What the most important wards are depends a lot on the stage of the game and more specifically the pressure. I've tried to explain this here. Basically, when you are under pressure it is much more important to ward defensively (in your own jungle), whereas if you are pressuring the enemy it will be much more important to ward deep in the enemy jungle.

Anyway, this is a great screenshot courtesy of Ahpulzz (winner of this year's guide contest) on one of the most effective warding strategies:

Simply put, these three wards give you almost complete vision control over the enemy bot side jungle. While they are a bit risky to place (preferably do this when you know where the enemy jungler is or when you have backup), you can completely shut down the enemy jungler from doing something around botside. You can pretty much copy this 'triangle' for topside (same triangle: ward at the brush just past raptors, at their redbuff and in the river near mid).
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2016 7:39am | Report
Something that's important is that if you have deep wars like in the picture above, you can accurately guess the jungler's location by proxy - if he's not in the bottom side jungle, then he's probably in the top side and your mid laner should avoid the top wing of his lane, and your top laner should play defensively, freeze, call for a counter gank, or walk away from his turret of he thinks he's going to get dived
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 4:49pm | Report
Probably extremely late to the questioning stuff, when's a good time to buy the other sightstone upgrades? I just feel like the normal upgrades for the gold gen items are simply better than the sightstone upgrades. And you get the lowered cooldown on your actives if you get Ruby. So... what's the point of the gold-stones?
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 7:27pm | Report
Item slot efficiency is a huge part of it as far as I know
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2016 8:34pm | Report
Item slot efficiency is a huge part of it as far as I know

And 800g cheaper than 3rd tier item + Sightstone, which means you can start on your next item sooner.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide