Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

When to enter ranked?

Creator: DonConny January 5, 2012 2:35pm
1 2
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 4:57pm | Report
I hit ranked as soon as I hit level 30 and I've never looked back.

:)

I'd only recommend that if you're a quick learner though.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 6:21pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I'd say 500 wins is a good benchmark for when ppl start getting good at the game (usually).

I like to play some ranked games, if I feel like I'm not doing well enough I take a break and play normals to get better, then try again!

My #1 tip is quit after a loss, you will just keep losing. I'm serious.

I have 320 and something wins and play rankeds when I feel like it

And that last tip isnt true, I lost the first, won the second and third

Ranked is just like a normal game, but people take it seriously, like they are going to be the best one day and be rich, earn a prize. People think that you are only good if your ELO is high
Thats all lies. You'll only get rich and earn prizes if you play everyday and at least 3 rankeds, and keep wining. ELO says nothing, its a broken system with trolls around
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 6:48pm | Report
As long as you have everything you need to accomplish and do well in ranked, use your judgement.

If you have every rune you need by 250 wins, go ahead. Some people can pubstomp with 2 or 3 champions so they only need to buy runes for those champions. Others can play 10 champions well but not pubstomp, so they should enter ranked later.

I don't even know wtf i'm saying anymore, so basically just enter ranked when you have runes and consistently do well with champions...

LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 7:03pm | Report
I'm at almost 200 wins at the moment and I still don't feel comfortable enough for ranked.

Do it when YOU feel comfortable.

You never know unless you try.
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2012 9:50pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I don't even know wtf i'm saying anymore, so basically just enter ranked when you have runes and consistently do well with champions...

Amen.

Make sure you know how to play 4-5 champions very well (and I mean it, VERY well). Make sure you can play top, mid, or bottom (or/and jungle) too since the players you play with may not be flexible as you are. Have rune pages for all of those champions that you are good at. Know your role, your spot, how to watch the minimap at all times, now to make good decisions, builds, etc.

I had 200 wins on my last account before I led it to my cousin, and about 150 on this one, and I started ranked for the first time on my new account once I hit 30. I'm currently 6-2, and honestly, there's no difference from ranked and normals. You'll find the same annoying people or great people.

A good advice is: keep your head up and don't flame other people. Be positive and play your own game. I've had teams that were down by 25 kills, but we managed to outpush the other team and win the whole game because our team composure was better than theirs.
(Discontinued)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide