Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why I'm sticking with League of Legends and am...

Creator: ZeroHourGaming June 8, 2012 1:01pm
1 2
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 11:01pm | Report
EvilDice wrote:

its really not as dramatically different from LoL as people make it out to be.. just have to learn a whole new set of champions/abilities/items... basically takes the same amount of time LoL does to comprehend.

but the shop system sucks

HoN remade dota and we see what happened to HoN. dota 2 is more or less the same thing except much more refined because it's made by valve. i expect it to have more success in the esports scene but it's really not going to change the position of LoL

Exactly how I feel about DOTA 2

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 11:26pm | Report
I don't like DOTA 2 because Slardar and Pudge's model and voice acting is so lame. :|
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 12:31am | Report
Played DotA in sponsored team and I'm playing LoL on I would say decent level, so I believe my opinion gonna be accurate.

The thing is that DotA is much more about individual skill, much more early map action (tri-lane bot, protecting the carry/roaming, Smoke of Deceit to bypass the wards, much more long duration hard CC, you can easily dive turrets even on lvl 1), very important aspect of DotA is abusable fog of war where you can see the enemies which are one terrain level under you and they can't see you etc. DotA is also much more about individual skills when you use heroes like Lycan or Beastmaster or use Necronomicon, when you have to reliably micro 2-3 characters.

LoL is definitely faster paced game though, although minions gives half the gold as creeps in DotA give, they can't be denied, junglers presence alone is forcing the kills and the big fact that you don't lose gold when you die (I remember having hotkeyed shops in the DotA where I would spend my non-reliable gold on recipes to sell them later to lose only 150 gold instead of 350).

DotA is much more hardcore, even on low-level play, and even more in DotA 1 which was menace for new players (when you played on Garena, which was the most used way to play, you usually got kicked outta game when you under level 20 unless you were the creator).

I would say that if you really wanna dedicate your time to one game, I would pick DotA as it's much more rewarding in terms of knowledge and individual skills (numerous times I've witnessed 1v5 rampage (DotA equivalent to pentakill).
BTW, anyone who says Guinsoo created DotA is veeery mistaken. And even if he did so, IceFrog made that map something worth the time you spend on it (Guinsoo's DotA was basicly unplayable).
ZeroHourGaming
<Member>
ZeroHourGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 6:54am | Report
I agree with you, imho the only thing dota probably has on LoL is it's community :P

I largely think the Tribunal system is responsible for much that is wrong with the community and that it should be completely reworked. That said, I'm optimistic that the community will eventually mature and get better.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 9:16am | Report
2 Reasons I don't like DOTA 2: Couriers (I'm new, and found myself mysteriously commanding a flying horse for the first half of my first game) ; and You can't lock the camera onto your character if you want to. - i Do this only sometimes in LoL, but it's a very important feature for me.

Also, the contrast between Champions and surroundings in LoL is much better. I found my color blindness really keeping me out of the game in DOTA 2.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide