Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Why the **** am I still playing this game?

Creator: I post stuff November 24, 2013 5:04am
1 2 3
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2013 5:18pm | Report
Yeah,

and ppl like you "join" the Meta as well, or to be precise, get matched with ppl who try to play the Meta.

Therefore...

-If you're not with a full premade team who shares your enthusiasm, don't build troll.

-Never BS ppl with a sentence like "It's only a game/normal/dominion/aram, after you failed hardcore/trolled/afk'd.

-It would be best that you NEVER do anything besides Solo or full premade.

...otherwise you'll most certainly **** up the game experience of somebody else deliberately.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2013 8:03am | Report
No idea league is not even a competitive game any more i would say its entering call of duty level of easy to play and lack of skill. S4 literately game is worse in every single way even start s3 there were some bad thing sure league of cleaver and all but it was still fun to play this is a mess. S4 you dont even need to be good at last hitting s3 last hitting used to separate plat players and bronze os silver now you can get Relic Shield and earn more gold than the actual player that starts dorans and last hits better. Game has become new player friendly starting you off free wards making jungler even worse he does not even hit lvl 3 any more from doing two buffs. Supports are able to buy a dc by 20 minutes and they honestly need a nerf supports are pretty much getting way to much gold im mean its nice supports can buy non support and dmg items but not at any point should they outscale the jungler or get more gold than him. So far shaping up to be worst lol season so far.

Support is just another AP carry.
Jungle sucks it's unplayable and 2 plays top is much better.
If it's not going to change I will quit i already been playing less since s4 changes went live.
I post stuff
<Member>
I post stuff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2013 2:36pm | Report
+Rep given to a lot of people for wise words. :3

I don't think s4 is that bad, or at least I enjoy it much more than the start of s3 in all its HP stacking glory.

My problem is that on one hand I kinda like the game but on the other can't be bothered to commit to it enough to actually get better. Plus, I tend to get affected by frequent negativity.

I usually take breaks from LoL to play other games, but when I get slightly bored of them I always go "Ugh, I might as well take another shot at LoL, it's really popular and stuff after all." which admittedly is a pretty wrong attitude to have toward any game.

People correctly pointed out that LoL isn't for everyone and Darcurse was pretty much spot on saying that it can be easily played on the side. That's what I'm going to try doing.

On a side note, when practicing a new champion you should really take it to ranked once you start to perform well consistently, otherwise you get dragged down. :P
I don't play LoL anymore.
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 6:23am | Report
The question is, do YOU want to get better, or do you feel like you have to improve because it's a competitive game? Just because it's competitive doesn't mean you have to compete - that's what ranked is for. If someone gives you **** in a normal (or even an ARAM, though I've never seen it), there's an ignore button for a reason.
k1oto
<Member>
k1oto's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2013 3:08pm | Report
that's my problem too,i continue playing because my friends
Sasuke_Uzumaki
<Member>
Sasuke_Uzumaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2013 10:02pm | Report

Hey guys, today I asked myself this question and realised I don't know the answer.

On one hand I kinda like LoL, that's for sure. I've been playing on and off for several years. On the other hand my mechanics are ****ing garbage, many things annoy me to no end and I can't care enough to improve. I do have moments of brilliance every now and again though. :D

Any*****, in a nutshell it's like this: I'm not good, I don't really get better, every match I play is filled with *******s, I tend to become an ******* myself after long exposure to *******ry which forces me to take a short break (and then I'm ashamed as **** of how I acted) but I always come back.

So today I asked myself "The game is cancerous to me and I'm cancerous to the game. Why am I still playing this?" and couldn't find an answer.

What do?

imo if you don't care enough to improve, there is really no point in bothering to play. Whenever I play a match, I always strive to either learn something new or just work on my mechanics.

Also, about the *******s, there is nothing you can really do to solve that. The community imo pretty freaking horrendous and it's just filled with douchebags.
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2013 11:27am | Report
Recently, I've been muting anyone who starts to flame or rage. It's a lot easier to be positive when you don't read the negative. Also, I've been playing Assassin's Creed and the New Zelda on 3DS. So, LOL has been more like my break from other games recently. I've gotten to where I enjoy it more and I have been less worried about the "meta" with all the changes and am just tyring to test out stuff I don't usually use. It's made playing LOL more enjoyable recently.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide