Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

New MOBAFire Ventrilo

Creator: Scrax November 10, 2010 3:41pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 3:41pm | Report

Hi,

I've taken the liberty (after talking with Matt) to purchase a Ventrilo server for the community to utilize. Hopefully, it'll get popular. Very popular. But I'm gonna need help from you guys to accomplish this!

The server is currently 40 slots, so at the time being, size shouldn't be a matter. However, if it is, I can increase (or decrease) the amount of slots on the server quite easily. It's located in Copenhagen, Denmark, so high latency (at least for us in the EU) should not be a problem. However, I doubt latency overall will be a problem, as the server host got pretty neat specs on.. Well, everything. It's also armored up with server redundancy (back-up server), in case the primary server crashes.

The server is under never-ending construction, but it's fully online and ready for use (connection info comes further down).

You do not have to be playing League of Legends to use the Ventrilo server!
Share the word, and start chatting!

Connection Info:

Custom Hostname/IP: mobafire.instantvent.com (Don't click this, enter it into "Hostname or IP" in your Ventrilo client)
Port: 4324
Pass: No password

Current ranks:

• Owner
    I'll be the only one listed as Owner. Ever.
  • Admin/Veteran (depending on MOBAFire status)
    Your usual server admin. Yes, they can ban.
  • MOBAMod
    A moderator from the MOBAFire website. Yes, these guys ban as well.
  • Regular
    Users using the Ventrilo on a regular basis. Granted through application.
    Thats you. Does nothing in particular, but it helps sort out the fakers.

Rank Explanation

Owner
The rank 'Owner' will only be assigned to me and no one else. This is because I'm a greedy bastard- No, but because this will make it easier for people if they have any trouble.

I got every single available command out there.

Admin
The rank 'Admin' is given to those I feel deserves it. They got all the important commands consisting of banning, kicking, muting, moving, and some even got rcon (specially assigned).

There's usually just MOBAFire Vets that gets to be admin, but I do choose a special few that I have a close connection to as well. No, it won't be you just because you ask here in this thread, sorry.

MOBAMod
The rank 'MOBAMod' is given to all the MOBAFire moderators here, as a special gesture towards the MOBAFire authority, and to give the mod's an overall overview and control.

They got the same commands available as 'Admin', and a select few will have more (like rcon).

Regular
The rank 'Regular' is given to people who's using the server daily, on a general basis (doesn't have to be League of Legends you're playing!), and you have to apply for it. It does help that I personally see you active as well. This rank can record. If you don't want to be recorded, you can disable your voice while recording by: Right Click somewhere while logged in > 'Change State' > 'Allow others to record my conversation'. With this unchecked others won't be able to record your voice (E.g: in a recording session your voice will be left out). This only applies to the Ventrilo Recording tool!

The rank 'Guest' is given by default if you are not assigned an account with a different rank. As a 'Guest' you can't record.

Rcon (Remote Control)

Alright, so I've granted some of the admins on the server the possibility to use the remote control (rcon) command, and as a result of this I gonna toss up a quick list of available commands.

Obviously, you gotta be logged on as admin to be able to do this.

I suggest all the admins should take a look at the full list of Rcon Commands before venturing into unknown space. If you're familiar with it don't bother.

Regular Users

I also hand out a rank called "Regular" to those regularly using the Ventrilo. It gives you the opportunity to record, which you can't do when you're just a 'Guest'. You can get a 'Regular' user account by "applying" for one here, PMing me or talking to me online either on League of Legends or Ventrilo.

Not everyone will be granted a 'Regular' user account, and thats mostly because I can't sit here registering accounts all day. The fact that I've seen you on Ventrilo on several occasions truly help on you getting a 'Regular' account.

Good luck though :)

Faking your Rank

Don't try to fake your rank, we'll know. And if you get caught doing it, you'll get banned. Permanently. As a guest, you get the tag [Guest], so if you try to fake it, it'll say [Guest][Admin]Yourname. So please, save yourself the embarrassment :)

I don't like people who cheat the system, and if you're caught I'll ban every piece of you thats available to ban. You guys are warned! :)

Until then; Enjoy, and make good use of it! :)
If you have any questions, fire away.
If you think I've forgotten something, ***** slap and notify me, so I can fix it :)

Last updated at 22:14, 24/01/2011, EU/Norway Time-Zone (+1 GMT).
Simple Logic
<Member>
Simple Logic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 3:53pm | Report
Awesome dude I'll most def be on there soon.

Need in-depth and effective builds? Check out my profile
Currently working on: None
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:01pm | Report
sweet. i'm there.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:06pm | Report
aighty i am looking forward to this
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:16pm | Report
Awesome, I will be there often :)
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:16pm | Report
I'm glad to hear this! :D

I'll probably hang around as much as humanly possible, though talking sometimes might be limited.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:19pm | Report
lol same here. when i used to be on some im service i would leave it on all the time, come back to 5 messages.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Simple Logic
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:22pm | Report
I need another mic xD I sold my Turtle Beaches from my MLG days.. >.<

Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:24pm | Report
Hahah XD Pick up SteelSeries Siberia V2, highly recommend it. It's near unbreakable (*wall*), and it's mic is incredibly clear, as well as the speakers. Also a joy to have placed on your head. Barely notice it :D
Simple Logic
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 10, 2010 4:27pm | Report
That sounds incredibly expensive xD

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 19

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide