Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Custom Table of Contents?

Creator: Kirluu July 31, 2011 5:40am
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 5:40am | Report
Hey, I was thinking about redoing my Alistar guide in the way that I have it all in one chapter, so that my little self-made headlines will be of more use. It looks kind of stupid that the title is there, and then there's ALSO the pic with the title on it :S

So basically, I'd like to know how to create one's own Table of Contents? Is it possible? Does it require skills of coding, etc? AKA. is it very complicated? (In which case I might consider not doing it. - As far as I understand the mechanic I can easily do it, ofc. :3)

So yeah. I'm not completely sure, but I think to recall having seen custom-made Table of Contents' around MOBAFire in such guides that are written in one chapter. :3

Thanks in advance :)

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 7:02am | Report
SixSonatas ToC

But yeah, it's just easier to use the in-built system.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 7:09am | Report
Thanks for the reply. :)
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 9:20am | Report
To elaborate:

Basically, if you want to create a link that'll redirect you to a chapter of your guide, enter:

[goto=CHAPTER NAME HERE]CHAPTER NAME HERE[/goto]

And the part of the guide you'll be redirected to is denoted by:

[anchor=CHAPTER NAME HERE]CHAPTER NAME HERE[/goto]
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 9:39am | Report
Would there be a way for me to have my chapter pictures to be the links that you are sent to, when clicking on a chapter in the table of contents?

I imagine that it would have to be something like just putting the (img)(/img) where the text should be, right? At least, so I am assuming :3 Is that correct?
-
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 9:58am | Report

Basically, if you want to create a link that'll redirect you to a chapter of your guide, enter:

[goto=CHAPTER NAME HERE]CHAPTER NAME HERE[/goto]

And the part of the guide you'll be redirected to is denoted by:

[anchor=CHAPTER NAME HERE]CHAPTER NAME HERE[/goto]

Nope.
You only need this to make an anchor:
[anchor=CHAPTER NAME HERE]
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 10:11am | Report
oh yeah, that's correct

idk what i was thinking lol
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 10:34am | Report
Finally done with the new ToC. I do believe that was one of your suggestions for my guide, no, Searz?

In any case, thanks for the help :)
-
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 11:41am | Report
It was.

Just need some spacing now :3
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2011 11:50am | Report
Ah yes. I did notice that myself. It's sort of weird, considering that there was a space between the end of a chapter and the next chapter picture. But I just made it so that there are 3 spaces in the editing text thingy, so now there are two spaces in between, lol.

Well, that should be it, at least. Actually, I'm just gonna make another space between "Back to table of contents" and the text in the chapters :3
-

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide