Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Help with linking a video

Creator: league learner December 23, 2015 6:26am
league learner
<Member>
league learner's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 6:26am | Report
Hi,

I am trying to upload a video to your forums but it wont let me the error message says i may have missed some fields or the vid could be in the system.

All fields have been filled and the vid surely cant be in the system as i uploaded it to youtube this morning. here is a screenshot of what I mean.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r494/Matt_Aktive_Watson/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-23%20at%2014.16.05_zpsyc6ubptv.png

Any help would be great, thanks matt
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 6:34am | Report
I'm not really an expert on this field but would it help to remove the 00 in 00:38:51?
league learner
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 7:32am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
I'm not really an expert on this field but would it help to remove the 00 in 00:38:51?

I gave it a try but still getting the message, I also checked to see if the vid was on here (wich it isn't)
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 8:05am | Report
I just tried uploading a video of my own (removed it immediately after) and it worked fine several time regardless of the way I filled in the time (0:25, 00:25, and as a final test the time you filled in, 00:38:51).

Could you try changing the info you fill in, for example by using a shorter title or leaving the Author field empty? If all of that does not work, do you have a different video you could try uploading? That should give us some indication of where the issue lies :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
league learner
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 8:47am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
I just tried uploading a video of my own (removed it immediately after) and it worked fine several time regardless of the way I filled in the time (0:25, 00:25, and as a final test the time you filled in, 00:38:51).

Could you try changing the info you fill in, for example by using a shorter title or leaving the Author field empty? If all of that does not work, do you have a different video you could try uploading? That should give us some indication of where the issue lies :)

Really appreciate the help mate, Unfortunately this is my first vid so Im just trying to get it out to as many communities as possible. So far ive tried these solutions myself:

1. changing browser (same result across chrome, safari and firefox)
2. changing/ shortening the title
3. shortening the description
4. removing un-needed parts to the link (HTTP)
5. removing the auth field

The only thing I haven't tried is filling in the thumb link as Im not too sure what this is?

Mobafire just hates me! haha, sorry for the trouble
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 9:50am | Report
What's the full YouTube link? Maybe the video is indeed already in the database (could an admin check?)
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
league learner
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 2:16pm | Report
What's the full YouTube link? Maybe the video is indeed already in the database (could an admin check?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNjeSNYekOk

thanks for the suggestion
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2015 2:43pm | Report
I'm able to post that video on here without any issues, what the... Will ask a dev to look into this.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide