Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Effective Health

Creator: Rudmed October 13, 2011 6:30pm
7 posts - page 1 of 1
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:30pm | Report
I'm including the formula for the effective health an item gives you in my guide. Just need someone to really quickly double check my formula.

HP*(1+Armor/100)
HP*(1+Magic Resist/100)

Frozen Heart
0*(1+99/100)=0

Randuin's Omen
350*(1+75/100)=612.5

This doesn't seem quite right. Is my formula out of date or something?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:33pm | Report
It's because Frozen Heart doesn't give any health. If you had a champion with just frozen heart and 0 for a health stat, they'd be at 0 health and dead. So, on its' own it gives no effective health at all.

In short you didn't take into account the player's existing health from stats or other items, resistances only give effective health if you actually have health to make use of it.

The actual formula you're using sounds okay to me, but I'm really, really bad at maths, so I can't be sure. Even I know that zero times any number will always be zero though. :P
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:39pm | Report
Derp.
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:40pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

It's because Frozen Heart doesn't give any health. If you had a champion with just frozen heart and 0 for a health stat, they'd be at 0 health and dead. So, on its' own it gives no effective health at all.

In short you didn't take into account the player's existing health from stats or other items, resistances only give effective health if you actually have health to make use of it.

The actual formula you're using sounds okay to me, but I'm really, really bad at maths, so I can't be sure. Even I know that zero times any number will always be zero though. :P

Well no, I'm just attempting to discover the effective health of an item. I just need someone to double check the formula so I know I'm not giving out wrong information.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:41pm | Report
Then it seems like it's absolutely right to me, but to present that in a guide as evidence that Frozen Heart gives 0 EHP would be horribly misleading.

Assuming your guide is for a champion, you should at the very least include their base health (at level 18 would probably be best) in the calculation before you present it as evidence.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:44pm | Report
Use health at level 18. That's where most builds are balanced. You aren't going to have a Frozen Heart at level 1 anyway.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2011 6:49pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Use health at level 18. That's where most builds are balanced. You aren't going to have a Frozen Heart at level 1 anyway.

Alright thanks guys, I'll do that.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide