Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How to play Melee players

Creator: SuperSpclAwe October 18, 2010 5:07am
1 2
SuperSpclAwe
<Member>
SuperSpclAwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 5:07am | Report
I'm a level 11, but I mainly play characters like Heimerdinger and Sona. They seem to play differently from melee characters. I recently bought Jax. My first real match with him I got 7 deaths before leaving because my team was better off without me, yeah. Stupid spartan and ryze!!!

So yeah. How do you play a melee character in comparison to a ranged character/laner. Heimerdinger and Sona rarely use the forest, unless they're trying to gank or get to another area quicker, so I'm not so keen on that.

Any advice would be appreciated. And also help on Jax specifically would be nice.
SuperSpclAwe
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 5:08am | Report
And I meant keen in the sense that I'm not quite sure how to use it to my advantage like farming monsters. etc.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 5:34am | Report
1st of all you picked one of the worst champs to try melee dps :P

Try Yi or Trynd.

You should never be the "first in", you should follow a tank but best way is to let ranged dps get as much damage as possible.
Also anticipation makes the diference, you should "smell" when bad things are coming. Pay big attension to cc champions and what they can do.
Why? Coz if you get cced in fight it often means you are right in the middle of the enemy team :) and that is bad for your health :)

Try "Last in, first out" tactic in the begining. So you go into fight as last one, and you leave it as 1st.
Than you can try "last in, kill all, push more".
If you feel you know your champ and his dps enaugh, you can try "1st in and never go out untill som1 is still standing alive".
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 6:42am | Report
Tryndamere is a hard person to play Dewo. He is a powerful champ, but it takes time to get him down.

Yi is a good idea though.

So are , , , and . These are all fairly simple to play, and have a variety of builds.

Dewo is right on tactics too. Depending on the Melee champ, you might be able to go in first. But you should always try to go in last, or close to it. This will allow your team to get some dmg on the other team, and you can clean up.

You cant help the team if you go in first and die.

Give it some time and you will fall into the melee game. Play a melee like a ranged... Wait untill the right time to commit, and you will get result.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 6:50am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Try "Last in, first out" tactic in the begining.

this is no longer allowed under ifrs
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 7:55am | Report
ifrs ?
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 8:02am | Report
I can't play the "easy characters" with consistent scores :( except for garen :D

Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 11:28am | Report
Garen and Xin are possibly the easiest Melee Champs to start with, as they have decent HP, and a built-in getaway skill. Panth is on the harder end of recommended melee champs because, honestly, if you don't know what you're doing, you die. A LOT.
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 12:06pm | Report
DEWO wrote:

ifrs ?

sigh, accounting joke.

google it. and Last in first out when u have time.

hate to explain things..
SuperSpclAwe
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 18, 2010 2:00pm | Report
Hm, interesting. I play Sona in a way (mainly at the beginning) so that I can sneak up and do some good damage from the bushes. Even if your opponent knows you're there, a lot of times, there is nothing they can do about it. But the difference is that Sona can easily farm creeps. I find it hard to use Jax to farm because he is always attacked whenever he goes up.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide