Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Locket/Aegis in low elo games?

Creator: CrazyMBP April 13, 2013 1:58pm
1 2
Raiyuzaki
<Member>
Raiyuzaki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2013 4:07pm | Report
Win the lane, win the game... Well, what happens when you win all the lanes? You typically win. So just win the lanes for everybody.. Feed your teammates, and if they get super-overpowered, maybe that will make up for their *ahem* lack of skill.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2013 11:31am | Report
As a Diamond jungler I try to coordiante w/ my support when the game starts to figure out what items we are going to buy. On Jarvan/Xin I like to build both locket and aegis. On Naut or Nasus I like to build 1 of them. On Hecarim or Zac I don't build either. It just depends who you are playing. Coordinate w/ the support in lobby and game. If they lock a zyra/janna support they might be better served getting some AP early so I'll play xin or jarvan so I can buy the 'support' items. Just know your champions and use communication.

BUT you NEED both and Aegis AND a locket on your team every game!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2013 8:46am | Report
Satella wrote:

If they actually did that they wouldn't be low elo. Low elo players don't focus at all; focusing a tank is loads better than the "zero-focus-attacking-different-people-syndrome" you see in low elo games.

Lol, this reminds of one reddit thread where someone asked Froggen how he got out of the low ELO and who to focus

Froggen answered in these exact words:

"Focus the closest." :D

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 9:03am | Report
If I'm playing someone who benefits from the stats who has the money to pick either up (ie not adc or support) I'll pick one of them up. I like Locket on Nasus if I'm laning against someone with mostly AD.
BMCO
<Member>
BMCO's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 2, 2013 10:56pm | Report
"My question is, should this be the case in low-elo games, where it is more "carry or lose". Should i focus on more individual "kill potential" items, building more offensive or more individually oriented defensive items (sunfire, etc). I ask because I VERY rarely see aegis and locket being built in my games. I'm wondering if this is because low-elo players dont team fight well enough to make them worthwhile, or would a team that has locket and aegis have a huge advantage over teams without them? Thanks!"

Hey CrazyMBP, In my experience of going from Bronze to Plat here is my input. In low ELO games if you want to win nearly every game you are going to want to cater to your own needs. At that elo you won't be able to trust your teammates per se. I would highly reccommend avoiding those items and sticking to DPS offtanks, Lee Sin, Riven, ETC.

However, I do not discredit playing more of a support role as top/jungle. Warding for your teammates is a great help no matter the elo

Good luck!

C
rudyards
<Member>
rudyards's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 3, 2013 11:43am | Report
BMCO wrote:

At that elo you won't be able to trust your teammates per se.

This is something that people talk about that I don't really get. You're at the same skill level as your allies, that's why you're at that ELO. I mean, I understand that it's easier to carry while building full carry (it sounds stupid when I put it that way), but I feel like you grow more as a player if you climb up with team work.

BMCO wrote:

However, I do not discredit playing more of a support role as top/jungle. Warding for your teammates is a great help no matter the elo

This is the part lots of people miss. Being a supportive player or *gasp* buying wards can be super helpful. Peel for your adc instead of diving, for instance. I can't count the number of games where I could have played aggressively with Leona, but won a teamfight by protecting my ADC instead.
grrg
<Member>
grrg's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2013 12:21am | Report
always protect the adc
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide