Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Solo Top ??

Creator: Chudz February 11, 2012 9:17pm
17 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 7:59am | Report
The strange thing is, despite all of the "map is totally balanced" talk, every poll I have ever seen shows blue side being chosen more often, if the opportunity presented itself. And I would agree. The map might be close to balanced, but I always enjoy blue (bottom) more.
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 10:50am | Report

The strange thing is, despite all of the "map is totally balanced" talk, every poll I have ever seen shows blue side being chosen more often, if the opportunity presented itself. And I would agree. The map might be close to balanced, but I always enjoy blue (bottom) more.

I doubt this has anything to do with the map itself, actually. I'm pretty sure it's due to the forced camera angle putting blue at bottom. Being blue makes it just a little bit easier to look up mid lane all game, and makes it easier to look up top lane when it's pushed onto blue's side and bottom lane when it's pushed to purple's side. If Riot got over the whole "we're descended from a Warcraft III custom map where the camera angle was fixed" thing and just switched it so the game would always render one's own team at the bottom of the map, I bet it'd come out a lot more even.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 11:13am | Report
Chudz wrote:

So the team on the left is always at a disavantage early game? due to the fact there jungler cant asist on ganks at solo lane because he has to walk the lenght of the map to get to assist him?

Or you could assist the 2v2 and have a 3v2 but then the other teams jungler would have to run the lengh of the map to get the same odds but instead he is stuck with a 2v2 since his jungle finishes next to the solo laner?

To me it doesnt seem balanced at all going for solo lane top all the time.

China used to send their solo lane bottom if they were on the purple/top side, so that their duo top could take double golems, and their top could share exp on blue/wolves.

Then the 2v1 on both sides was a competition to see who's tank fed harder.

The problem with this strategy is that you are shifting map control to one side when you have 2v1 lanes, you give blue team easy dragon, and easy warding of dragon/jungle.

You prevent the counter jungling of your red side, but your blue side is open to counter jungling.

The ad+support lane is hard to gank, and the top lane is pitifully easy to gank.

Edit: Blue side IS superior for several reasons, mainly dragon placement and the location of buffs.
Tri lane for life.
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 12:22pm | Report
Yeah, that was one of the biggest surprises to me when I started playing pvp instead of Player vs A.I.

"Why the heck is my guy in the enemy camp? Oh, you mean I have to be on the top side?????" *confusion*

lol
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
conquistad00r
<Member>
conquistad00r's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2012 8:11pm | Report
The most interesting part about the "map balance" is that bottom lane on team purple, which usually places 2 people, gets the blue buff closer while the solo lane on team blue is closer to blue buff. I feel like that's one of the reasons it's unbalanced. If in some strange case the solo top gets blue, unfair advantages definitely arise due to the space they have to travel in comparison to the other.
KillaMufffinz
<Member>
KillaMufffinz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2012 9:37am | Report
Dragon
EZRPDAILY.COM - Daily League of Legends Riot Point Card Raffle !
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2012 10:48am | Report
I think as the game evolves, you will see teams arise who are more than willing to forfeit dragon control to gain the advantage of having specific champions closer to their blue and or red buffs respectively, the truth is that lane dominance is worth more than dragon control.

Give the community some time and they'll get it figured out.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide