Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Weekly Report!

Creator: PsiGuard March 26, 2015 6:04pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 26, 2015 6:04pm | Report

Hi everyone, I'm PsiGuard and I'm here to bring you the MOBAFire Weekly Report! This week we have a small update to the front page, a Brand new guide, an interesting art thread and some recent site changes.

Front Page Changes

Hey guys, if you've made it here, you've probably noticed the recent changes to the front page! MOBAFire no longer has a partnership with C9, so we've replaced that real estate with some more prominent displays of community guides. There's a new box showing the top 3 guides that have been Featured by MOBAFire Scouts and the Popular Guides box has been blown up a bit to show fewer guides with increased detail. Let us know what you think of the changes in the comments!

Foxy Riven's Brand Guide

Foxy Riven recently released a guide for playing Brand in the middle lane. Foxy's detailed gameplay information including an extensive matchups section works well with the clean visuals to create a very readable guide that you can learn a lot from! Click here to check out the guide for yourself!

Toshabi Draws

Somehow I missed this thread earlier, but it's a fun, different take on the art that we normally see in the Artist's Corner. Toshabi Draws is a "ranked art journey thread" (his words) and features Toshabi's own drawn images (of mostly Pokemon) in different styles. He'll be taking requests in the future, so bookmark the thread if you'd like to see something specific from him!

Site Changes

• Updated the front page! (See above)
  • Fixed a bug with Achievement automation that prevented people from automatically receiving badges.
  • Fixed a bug where updated guides would sometimes show recent changes.
  • Fixed a bug where news posts containing webmd would mess up the layout of the front page.
  • Changed user's activity logs to show post edits, rather than the original post before it was edited.

That's the end of this week's MOBAFire Weekly Report. Check in next week for more MOBAFire news, and feel free to leave comments or suggestions below!
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 6:06am | Report
I actually appreciate the change of the front page as an idea but I think the design of what has been added is a bit messy.
I wouldn't display the frames showing the Elo of the guide author as they 1. don't really look that great (my personal opinion) and 2. are actually hard to appraise (Platinum and Diamond look nearly the same; especially difficult for new visitors).
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 6:23am | Report
emoriam wrote:
I actually appreciate the change of the front page as an idea but I think the design of what has been added is a bit messy.
I wouldn't display the frames showing the Elo of the guide author as they 1. don't really look that great (my personal opinion) and 2. are actually hard to appraise (Platinum and Diamond look nearly the same; especially difficult for new visitors).

I think that's more an argument to change the frames rather than removing them altogether.

On that note though I think this is a good start, but I really wish they'd also bring back the new guides tab.

Also guys what happened to the comment badges, haven't seen those yet.
Vengenator
<Fabulous>
Vengenator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 6:41am | Report
Wow why didn't I get an advertisement for my Brand new guide.
Spare a few Rep+ for the poor ( つ◕◡◕)つ
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:18am | Report
Vengenator wrote:

You just won an award for you guide, isn't that a great thing?

The weekly reports are a rather new thing on the site. I guess your guide was published a long time ago.
Thanks to Ubnoxius for this sig!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:30am | Report
Vengenator wrote:
Many of us have never had a mention of our guides in these reports, it's just the way it is.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 7:41am | Report
It's because if Psi featured every guide that got released there'd be tons every report. He's only featured a few, and those few were just good guides that he happened to come across.

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 9:51am | Report
Guys - venge was just making a pun
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Vengenator
<Fabulous>
Vengenator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 9:53am | Report
emoriam wrote:

You just won an award for you guide, isn't that a great thing?

The weekly reports are a rather new thing on the site. I guess your guide was published a long time ago.

Actually it was published a little over a month ago.

utopus wrote:
Guys - venge was just making a pun

Someone gets it :D
Spare a few Rep+ for the poor ( つ◕◡◕)つ

Check out my Brand guide linked in my signature
Also check out my Malzahar Guide,Consumed by the Void
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 27, 2015 10:01am | Report
Funnily enough I just noticed the "new" in that sentence ...
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide