Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Amazon bought twitch

Creator: [deleted] August 25, 2014 1:31pm
36 posts - page 3 of 4
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 12:09pm | Report
Searz wrote:

And I truely hate awful grammar and poorly constructed arguments, but we can't have it all,
huh?

Too bad nobody cares. You still knew what I meant to say after all.
Quoted:

False, you're just too ignorant or too lazy to bother doing it or finding out how.
I know how to rid an Android phone of all Google services.

Nice assumations you make there, only makes it more obvious how toxic your mindset is. And no, I'm not lazy, and I know how I - eventually - got rid of it. It should be way more easier than it currently is for a start just like any other app is, Google isn't a special app or anything close(*cough* it's rubbish *cough*). Ironically enough, you're ignorant enough to immediately assume people like me are lazy because they're complaining about something, maybe change that mindset?
Quoted:

If you're complaining now you should have been complaining about it since the moment Youtube was launched, because the principle remains the same: you create an account to subscribe to channels and comment on videos. The only difference now is that you create a Google account to do that while it was previously a Youtube account. It's only a change in name for those that don't use Google's other services.

No. I created a YouTube account because I like the videos on YouTube, and thus I don't mind if YouTube is making money from ads. I have nothing to do with Google+, yet still I was forced to take it and in this case Google is still making free money of it. That is the biggest bullsh*t I've ever seen a company do.
Quoted:

And if you're really pissed off at having to spend less than 5minutes creating a Google account then you are the most small-minded idiot I have encountered these last few weeks.

Woah, I feel special right now. Too bad I don't give a literal **** about your aspect about who's small-minded and who not. I don't want google+. /thread
Quoted:

Just stop this idiocy. If you really dislike Google that much you should just stop complaining like a little ***** and find alternative services for the things Google does.
I'm personally interested in finding such services in case Google turns on us.
DuckDuckGo is a fine example of a replacement for Google's search.
https://duckduckgo.com/

Because I dislike a service it's automatically idiocy? You must be so fun at parties. Anyway, in this case I don't mind Google making money, since Google search engine is pretty much the ONLY service I basically use from google and the only thing I can actually appreciate from Google.
- met hans
- ja, goedemiddag
- het is nog morgen hoor
- o, dan bel ik u vanmiddag terug
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 4, 2014 2:34pm | Report
Nice assumations you make there, only makes it more obvious how toxic your mindset is. And no, I'm not lazy, and I know how I - eventually - got rid of it. It should be way more easier than it currently is for a start just like any other app is, Google isn't a special app or anything close(*cough* it's rubbish *cough*). Ironically enough, you're ignorant enough to immediately assume people like me are lazy because they're complaining about something, maybe change that mindset?

And now you're lying. Either the comment above or the quote below is a lie.
"Never wanted to get anything of google on my phone, still got it and can't get rid of it."

Quoted:
No. I created a YouTube account because I like the videos on YouTube, and thus I don't mind if YouTube is making money from ads. I have nothing to do with Google+, yet still I was forced to take it and in this case Google is still making free money of it. That is the biggest bullsh*t I've ever seen a company do.

Google OWNS Youtube. If Youtube makes money that automatically means that Google makes money.
Your poorly constructed rebuttal only shows your own stupidity.
And my point about it only being a change in name still stands.
Quoted:
Too bad I don't give a literal ****

How does one give a literal ****? :)
Doesn't that involve prostitution?
Are you saying you don't want to buy me a hooker?
Quoted:
I don't want google+. /thread

Yeah.. Now you're starting to look like a child...
Quoted:
Because I dislike a service it's automatically idiocy?

Nono, it's because you make stupid points and stupid conclusions. And how you thought up the above is a perfect example of this..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 8:54am | Report
Searz wrote:

And now you're lying. Either the comment above or the quote below is a lie.
"Never wanted to get anything of google on my phone, still got it and can't get rid of it."

Or maybe, you know, I just recently got rid of it. Too bad you're assuming once again wrongly beforehand.
Quoted:

Google OWNS Youtube. If Youtube makes money that automatically means that Google makes money.
Your poorly constructed rebuttal only shows your own stupidity.
And my point about it only being a change in name still stands.

I know, and in that case it's not a problem that Google makes money from YouTube, since I like YouTube and I make good use of it. Google+ however still stands. And maybe keep those words of stupidity for yourself, since you didn't guess any assumation right so far.
Quoted:

How does one give a literal ****? :)
Doesn't that involve prostitution?
Are you saying you don't want to buy me a hooker?

Well... what can I say. You have a world of your own, that's for sure.
Quoted:

Yeah.. Now you're starting to look like a child...

Says the guy randomly flaming on someone's opinion. Grow up, maybe accept it that someone dislikes Google's proceedings, it really isn't that hard.
Quoted:

Nono, it's because you make stupid points and stupid conclusions. And how you thought up the above is a perfect example of this..

Well you make dumb assumations (you haven't done anything else so far...), and you're not worth my time if you continue this childish BS. You're quite laughable, to say it in safe words.
💣︎✡︎ ☜︎✠︎✋︎💧︎❄︎☜︎☠︎👍︎☜︎ ✋︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎🕈︎

👍︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎ ✌︎☠︎👎︎ ☺︎⚐︎✋︎☠︎ 💣︎☜︎📬︎📬︎📬︎

✋︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ 💧︎☜︎☜︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎ 💧︎⚐︎⚐︎☠︎

⚐︎☼︎ 🕈︎✋︎☹︎☹︎ ✡︎⚐︎🕆︎✍︎
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 12:59pm | Report
Or maybe, you know, I just recently got rid of it. Too bad you're assuming once again wrongly beforehand.

Wait, you're saying that you got rid of it the very same day I commented about it? Because both our comments were made on the fourth.
So you went and looked for a way to do that after you read my comment? Because there is no way in hell you went and did it on your own accord after clearly stating that you "can't get rid of it" the very same day.
Why didn't you just write that? Are you too proud to admit that you didn't know you could remove the Google services from an Android phone?
Quoted:
I know, and in that case it's not a problem that Google makes money from YouTube, since I like YouTube and I make good use of it. Google+ however still stands.

Google doesn't make any money from their Google+ integration with Youtube.
The Google+ integration only has positive effects for the users, Google doesn't see any direct revenue from it. If more people start using Google+ because of it they will see more revenue, but from users only using Youtube it doesn't make a difference.
So for you it's pretty much exactly like before, only with a different name on the account service.
In short: your point about Google making money from it is moot.
Quoted:
Well... what can I say. You have a world of your own, that's for sure.

You used "literal" in the wrong situation. Which I was making light of. Accept your error and move on.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2014 3:15pm | Report
Just randomly saying things here,
but where is the problem of giving money to YouTube or Google/Google+?

Is it just because it is Google? Is there any difference to giving money to YouTube?

In the and Searz points stands, you needed an account anyway, your Youtube account was integrated into the Google+ service, at least. They could have just forced everyone to make new G+ accounts, but instead left you the opinion to keep your old information.

TL;DR. The old Youtube is basically the same as Google's youtube.

Edit:
And by just reading a bit here, I still don't see the reasoning behind the google hate.
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 5:27am | Report
xIchi wrote:
Just randomly saying things here,
but where is the problem of giving money to YouTube or Google/Google+?

Is it just because it is Google? Is there any difference to giving money to YouTube?

In the and Searz points stands, you needed an account anyway, your Youtube account was integrated into the Google+ service, at least. They could have just forced everyone to make new G+ accounts, but instead left you the opinion to keep your old information.

TL;DR. The old Youtube is basically the same as Google's youtube.

Edit:
And by just reading a bit here, I still don't see the reasoning behind the google hate.

I'm totally fine with Google making money, but Google+ is just a service of pure annoyance. Why did they implement that you need a Google+ account in order to access your YouTube account? It has pretty much no use on it's own other than being a cheaper version of Facebook, so why not just stick on the YouTube account and decide the user itself if he wants Google+ or not. Even though they had the option to keep your own info, I still had to make the Google+ for whatever reason, so I thought the reason is because Google gets money from people making Google+ accounts, since companies like to earn money.
Assuming that they would've done the same Google+ trickery to Twitch as well, that's why I was kinda happy how Amazon bought Twitch instead.

Hope that clears things up.
ik heb geen hoge pet van mezelf. als ik mezelf zie op televisie dan denk ik: dat kan ik ook wel.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 7:01am | Report
I'm totally fine with Google making money, but Google+ is just a service of pure annoyance. Why did they implement that you need a Google+ account in order to access your YouTube account? It has pretty much no use on it's own other than being a cheaper version of Facebook

Your bias is clear here. Calling something a cheaper version of something else is devaluing and doesn't actually say anything about it other than your opinion on the monetary value of said service.
You have a bias against Google+ while in fact you know almost nothing about it, nor how it integrates into Youtube.
This might be news for you, but the Youtube integration actually brings a lot of benefits to both Youtube and Google+ users. Like integration into the same notification system, you now see all your notifications from Youtube and G+ on Youtube and every other Google site there is. That is really convenient.
Then there's the post-sharing integration and people-you-know weighting (i.e: people you follow or you know in some way on G+ will have their comments at the top of the comment field on Youtube).
The Google+ integration really hasn't made anything worse than the previous system. Yes, there were a few exploits early on, but those were fixed in weeks and are no longer problems.

And Google+ is actually in many ways an OBJECTIVELY better site than Facebook. G+ has functions for hashtags, just like Twitter, heck, Google+ does everything Twitter does and far, far more.
G+ supports animated GIFs, Facebook doesn't.
G+ supports text formatting, Facebook doesn't.
G+ supports a multi-column view that presents about 3 times as much information compared to Facebook, because well, it's pretty obvious that 3 columns can display more info than 1. But if you don't like that you can even change back to the inferior 1-column view!
The layout in general is a lot better designed, with slide-in/drop-down menus for things like chat and options, instead of having it visible all the time, taking up space like on Facebook.
G+ has more sharing options and has Drive integration for easy sharing of files so you don't have to upload them several times.
G+ integrates into Google services like Calendar for events, Drive for file sharing, Hangouts for chat and video-chat and as previously mentioned; Youtube for notifications and comments.

I used to use facebook for a while because I had a few friends that used it. But after evaluating the functionality of Facebook vs that of Google+ Facebook just loses flat out. I can do so much more on Google+, so I switched.
Quoted:
so I thought the reason is because Google gets money from people making Google+ accounts, since companies like to earn money.

Yeah, but that's not how Google operates with a lot of their services. Google makes a lot of changes that don't give them any direct money. Instead they make those changes to improve the experience for the users. A better experience for the users means that more users will use the service and more users gives them more revenue.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 7:52am | Report
Searz wrote:

Your bias is clear here. Calling something a cheaper version of something else is devaluing and doesn't actually say anything about it other than your opinion on the monetary value of said service.
You have a bias against Google+ while in fact you know almost nothing about it, nor how it integrates into Youtube.

At last, you get to have a decent assumation for once.

I simply don't care what Google+ is supposed to bring me for features because I already have facebook and I'm already fine with that, so figuring out what Google+ brings me is useless. I don't need it, and nobody will force me to use Google+, easy as that.

Quoted:

Instead they make those changes to improve the experience for the users.

Yet they still don't come up with the idea that it's bad to force people to use their services? It's a good thing that they improve userfriendliness, and Google+ could probably the biggest masterwork ever created, but I still wanted the opportunity to use YouTube without the whole Google+ integration.
de cursus "omgaan met teleurstellingen" gaat wederom alweer niet door.
TheAmazingComicBookGuy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 8:02am | Report
I still cry about Google+ ruining everything (since Google+ I can't comment on youtube ect.) and I hate how they make changes to things nobody asked for (if it ain't broken, don't fix it) and ruining stuff with it. I don't really care about them having to much internet might or info because I use other services for important stuff.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 10:49am | Report
I agree with Searz here. If you don't care about their data mining, I don't understand your reasons for saying G+ "ruined everything". Youtube's comment system was governed by Google before and it still is; you were already using their services. There are some differences which annoy me but I don't think that's the case for you, at least you haven't specified them.

AFAIK you were able to convert your YouTube account to a Google account, so what would be the problem? Why can't you comment?
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide