Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Android gaming console, chashing 2MILLION...

Creator: Searz July 12, 2012 1:39pm
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 3:44am | Report
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 4:19am | Report
seriously, outside of the tim schafer kickstarter, none have been good, at all.

this 'ouya' console is a piece of ****. being able to scam people out of money. they say games will be completely free (any 'free' game has either microtransactions or ads every 5 seconds) and the console is made to be moddable, making it easy as **** to pirate on. yet also tricking everyone into thinking games like arma 2 (for dayz), skyrim, or battlefield 3 will be on it.

tegra 3 can't even handle 1/3rd of the power needed for these games.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 4:35am | Report
caucheka wrote:

this 'ouya' console is a piece of ****. being able to scam people out of money. they say games will be completely free (any 'free' game has either microtransactions or ads every 5 seconds) and the console is made to be moddable, making it easy as **** to pirate on. yet also tricking everyone into thinking games like arma 2 (for dayz), skyrim, or battlefield 3 will be on it.

Luckily you're quite happy with your fb
and phone quality games though eh. Things can
develop into something great.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 6:26am | Report
caucheka wrote:

Looool, no.

Quoted:

I hope you're kidding me, because that has to be one of the most ignorant and stupid statents I've heard in a while..
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 6:48am | Report
flamewar in 3..
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 9:18am | Report
I hope it doesn't come to that.
I do not know why he's hating on something so much when he doesn't even have half his facts straight..
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 11:51am | Report
Quoted:
Grand Theft Auto (Rockstar)
Call of Duty (Activision)
Bastion (Supergiant)
Torchlight (Runic)
Limbo (Playdead)
Super Meat Boy (Team Meat)
Fez (Polytron)
Timesplitter (Eidos)
Battlefield (EA)
FIFA (EA)
Skyrim (Bethesda)
Battletoads (Tradewest)
Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
Terraria (Re-Logic)
League of Legends (Riot)
Minecraft (Mojang)
Mass Effect (EA)
Final Fantasy (Square)
Dungeon Defenders (Trendy)

this is the list of the top 20 requested games for the ouya. outside of battletoads (lol memes Xd), people have been led to believe that these games can be on the console. not only that, but the kickstarter page actually says minecraft will be on it. thats not their decision, that decision belongs to mojang.

but lets look at these other games. do you really think that games like call of duty, mass effect, and battlefield (to name a few) will be on this console? of course not. no company that ships a game with a 60 dollar price tag will want to put their game on a console for free games that has a design revolved around modding.

not only that, but it really goes to show how many people are simply throwing their money around if they think they can get league of legends on this. thats pretty sad. Also on a side note, the terraria devs have stopped supporting it, theres no way they will rewrite it for android.

at least with the double fine adventure everyone knew what they were getting. tim schafer has years of experience and has proven to have made great games in the past. with this ouya ****, we have nothing but empty promises. we have no prototype, no games, and we don't even know whos making it, and if anyone who is making it reveals themselves they are instantly fired. they literally have nothing to show us except what they want out of the project. oh, and they have like 7 months before it apparently hits markets.

sounds like a giant scam to me.

Quoted:
Games industry analyst Kevin Dent used Twitter to post his 10 reasons why the Ouya will fail.

1. The cost price of the Tegra 3 chip set is $25 if they got it at cost and the rest of the mats and manufacturing for free= 160K units
2. Lack of developer buy in: there are no developers that JUST focus on Android because it does not monetize well.
3. Open: they make rooting super easy which means piracy will be super easy.
4. Lack of experience in the VG space
5. Content drives device sales. Today they have zero content, costs to port an existing title? 100k+
6. Who wants to buy a device with 8GB of space, 1GB of ram and a low end chipset?
7. I literally don’t know a single person that wants to play a mobile game on a 60″ screen
8. Also capital related: as soon as they get the kickstarter money they have to pay the IRS as kickstarter money is booked as income
9. They have zero distribution into retail, do you think Amazon will be promoting this?
10. 3DO
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 12:53pm | Report
you've been given the chance to do proper research and yet you choose to make more baseless claims...

Games don't need to be free for ouya, where the hell did you read that? Games will require some form of free-to-play, but that's very very very different from being free.

I'll finish the post later as I'm going to eat now
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 1:05pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

they say games will be completely free (any 'free' game has either microtransactions or ads every 5 seconds) and the console is made to be moddable, making it easy as **** to pirate on. yet also tricking everyone into thinking games like arma 2 (for dayz), skyrim, or battlefield 3 will be on it.

Let me just clear some of your ignorance up.

Games will not be free unless the developer specifically makes them so. All games will be free to play IN SOME DEGREE. That means all games will be F2P OR have a DEMO available, which is GOOD.

Moddable and hackable =/= piracy.
It's easy to pirate ON ANY PLATFORM. It's easy to pirate on Android, but people still buy games on the Market. It's easy to pirate on PC, but people still buy games on Steam. It will be easy to pirate on OUYA, but people will still buy games on their market.
Your argument is moot.

They have not tricked anyone into believing that BF3 or Skyrim can be played on the platform. They asked people what games they wanted and the people responded.
Find me one official quote saying that they can run any heavy game and your argument stands.

Tegra 3 is not strong enough for many games, but most of the big companies making those games will not want to support OUYA ports anyways, so why is that a problem?
There will be other games.

Mojang has already confirmed their support.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2012 1:15pm | Report
Meh, I won't bother to finish my post. It's a bit pointless really.

Anyway, why won't they just use Ubunto or debian for the OS and thus benefit from all the games being ported for free? Is android more efficient or have they just not thought about it?
Honestly, if I get it I'll probably just format it. A computer the size of a rubix cube sounds pretty great for 100$.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide