Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

COmputer setup

Creator: Salkku May 20, 2013 12:26pm
37 posts - page 3 of 4
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2013 2:34am | Report
Eeeeyyy, SkiddleD, I almost forgot to mention. There's a minor problem with the first production-run of the Haswell CPUs.
If you plug something into a USB3 socket, open a file from the USB device, put your PC to sleep, resume it, then the file won't resume like it should. It'll work again if you plug it out and then in again though so it's a very minor thing.
It kind of doesn't matter for a desktop PC unless you're using external drives a lot, but it would be a pain to have this problem with a laptop.

I'm personally gonna wait until the second run and hope for a bit of a price-drop.
I'm just a poor student :3
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2013 3:02am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

Got me the GTX 770 in the end.
Perfomance looks better than the GTX 680, equivalent to the HD 7970 GHz edition.

I told you that the 7970 was as powerful as the 680 :P
Quoted:
Cheaper than the GTX 680 and depending on store/config, it's either a lot or a little cheaper than the HD 7970 GHZ edition.

The 'GHz Edition' card is just an overclock of the same card you know :P
The only difference is the bios that it uses.
If you're too scared to flash a different bios(and thus literally turn your normal into 'GHz ED') you could simply overclock it normally to roughly the same effect.
AMD definitely has Nvidia beat in the overclocking department in this generation. The only current-gen chip Nvidia has that overclocks well is the GK110 (Titan&780).
But Nvidia has AMD beat in the power per watt department.
It's all a bunch of tradeoffs.

And here I go flaunting my knowledge around again :3

SkidmarkD wrote:

call me stupid. :D (double post)

*hint* click the delete button *hint*
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 2, 2013 12:46pm | Report
Meh.. Haswell was a bit of a disappointment.

5-10% faster than Ivy Bridge and overclocks roughly the same or worse than Ivy. (and Ivy is known to overclock kinda poorly)

The integrated graphics are a disappointment too. AMD's Trinity CPUs outclass them completely. They're like 25% faster than the older integrated Intel GPUs, but that's mostly moot compared to the ~50% faster integrated AMD GPUs.

Still, if I can get a 5% faster CPU for roughly the same price as Ivy today, with a much better sound card and Wi-Fi on the motherboard, then I'm satisfied.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2013 3:32pm | Report

Also, lol at the top comments.
"We've had a few gloomy years with bad console ports, and what do we get in the light at the end of the console-tunnel? A tablet OS ported to PC." - Atlas Tasume, on Windows 8
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 2:41pm | Report

Best intro ever.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 4:02pm | Report
My specs:

ASUS P8Z68-Deluxe
Intel i7-2600K ~3.4GHz (hasnt been overclocked)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 series
16 GB RAM
120 GB intel ssd
500 GB harddrive

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
IAmYourDogLoL
<Member>
IAmYourDogLoL's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 6:28am | Report
This is my PC-

2x GTX 680
Intel i7-3770k
Asus z77 sabertooth
Cooler master h80 on the cpu which i need to change :s.
120 gb ocz vertex ssd

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ppc68o.jpg
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 8:31am | Report
why dont you just get a mac instead? you can install windows after
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 8:38am | Report

why dont you just get a mac instead? you can install windows after

Quoted:
why dont you just get a mac

Quoted:
just get a mac

Quoted:
mac

Yeah, why wouldn't you waste money to get ****ty hardware and ****ty OS.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2013 9:01am | Report
go look at a macs specs. you wont build a pc as good as a mac that costs less. i cant udnerstand how people are stupid to the point of claiming macs have ****ty hardware without ever making a comparizon themselves.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide