Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Do you like TCG's?

Creator: Yukimaru September 8, 2013 7:17am
15 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 10:37pm | Report
I highly doubt it can compete with Magic the Gathering, it's probably the most respected card game created. Yu-gi-oh is also fairly respected despite the bad rap it can get from the TV show. I'm not exactly up-to-date on my yu-gi-oh but from my understanding it still has a niche fan base that plays. With Hearthstone coming out as the newest card game, I highly doubt this has a chance of surviving
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2013 11:35pm | Report
I don't know why yugioh is hated, it is a decent game the only hing wrong with it is that the rules don't make as much sense as MTG and some of the newer cards are kinda ******ed, there is still a niche fanbase, and there is a rather large subculture in my school of yugioh players.
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
Jack Rubino
<Member>
Jack Rubino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 1:17am | Report
My bro's friend has a artifact magic deck that ended a game in less then about 5 turns. LOL
"What time is it? IT'S ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!"
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 6:30am | Report

I don't know why yugioh is hated, it is a decent game the only hing wrong with it is that the rules don't make as much sense as MTG and some of the newer cards are kinda ******ed, there is still a niche fanbase, and there is a rather large subculture in my school of yugioh players.

One problem that Yu-gi-oh used to have was that card rarity was straight up proportional to how good a card was, so stuffing a deck full of rarer cards basically always resulted in a better deck. It was a problem with card design, since most TCGs have rarer cards being strictly more powerful and complex but not necessarily better. Take Magic, for instance; Wizards makes all rares more powerful than all commons, but not all rares are better than all commons.

My bro's friend has a artifact magic deck that ended a game in less then about 5 turns. LOL

Oh gods, don't even get me started. Tolarian Academy (with the power nine) has at least a 50% first turn win chance. Flashhulk (before Flash went back on restriction) could win on the first turn's upkeep when its opponent goes first. Dragonstorm decks back in Time Spiral block had an average win turn around 3, and could win as early as first turn. And strictly, in Time Spiral block, that only made Dragonstorm a fast deck, not an obscenely fast one.

Recent MTG sets have been toning down the speed of the game, trying to make tournament level games take more turns. I don't play much any more, but I could really feel the difference in game speed between Innistrad block and Return to Ravnica block. Higher level MTG wasn't as much fun when you had to build a deck that needed to win, on average, on turn 5. Now that the average win turns are back to 6 and 7 for competitive decks, there's much more room for variance in deck building.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2013 7:42am | Report

I've seen decks end on turn 1 and 2. It's sometimes really ******ed.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide