Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Faces to Names

Creator: jhoijhoi May 28, 2011 4:33am
7278 posts - page 715 of 728
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 2:34pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
It's just like getting a haircut or your eyebrows plucked :p
Yeah, I have been periodically shaving my head since I was 18 and only pluck my eyebrows to avoid the faint monobrow that grows otherwise. So... it's hard to relate :P

No, but seriously, I just don't like how they mostly feel "off" inside a fleshy body (mostly piercings). Some tattoos are great though, I just haven't found anything worth not donating blood for whatever amount of months neccessary.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 2:41pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Yeah, I have been periodically shaving my head since I was 18 and only pluck my eyebrows to avoid the faint monobrow that grows otherwise. So... it's hard to relate :P

That's how minor I think my piercings and my one tattoo are :D
Timmichanga
<Member>
Timmichanga's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 2:52pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
No, but seriously, I just don't like how they mostly feel "off" inside a fleshy body (mostly piercings). Some tattoos are great though, I just haven't found anything worth not donating blood for whatever amount of months neccessary.

From Google:

In the United States, you must wait 12 months after getting a tattoo or body piercing before donating blood if your state does not regulate tattoo facilities. ... If your tattoo parlors are regulated by your state, you are cleared to donate immediately.

Currently, the only states that do not regulate tattoo facilities are: Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Utah, Wyoming and the District of Columbia.

So as long as you don't live in one of those states, you don't have to wait. When they go through the questions before you donate they just ask if a sterilized needle was used and no ink was shared. I donated in CT a few weeks after getting a tattoo and there were no problems.
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 3:04pm | Report
Janitsu wrote:
That's how minor I think my piercings and my one tattoo are :D
Fair enough. Thanks for the insight.

So as long as you don't live in one of those states, you don't have to wait. When they go through the questions before you donate they just ask if a sterilized needle was used and no ink was shared. I donated in CT a few weeks after getting a tattoo and there were no problems.
I'm not from the USA and I doubt that regulation exists here in Argentina :P

That said, it's good to know that a "regulated tattoo" can be made to let you donate immediately.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2016 4:25pm | Report
Ekki wrote:
Woah, that looks great.

Thanks c:

I had it done about 2 years ago, it took 3 and a half hours overall and it was by far the most painful physical experience I've ever had. Bearing in mind that my pain threshold is very low though, but it was well worth it!

Ekki wrote:
Thought a lot about it and never found anything worth getting tattooed (also I'm a regular blood donor). I never fully understood why people get tattoos/piercings/etc. I'm not judging though, I don't get it just as I don't get why people like avocados so much...

I just don't like how they mostly feel "off" inside a fleshy body (mostly piercings).

I'm with you on piercings, except for like small generic ear piercings. I never thought I would get a Tattoo, the main reason it happened was probably down to the fact that all my friends had/were having them done at the time and it kinda made me want one too. I decided to go with a wolf since I love wolves and they're my favourite animal (Favourite Champion = Fox, Name = Ferret, Favourite animal = Wolf, yeah I know I know :D). I'm very glad I decided to get it done in the end though, I love how it turned out :)

Janitsu wrote:

I am getting a tattoo

..and my one tattoo are

You have one? Or you're getting one? Or both I guess? :D
I can't take back the words I never said
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 6:00am | Report
Quoted:

You have one? Or you're getting one? Or both I guess? :D

both xd
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 7:20am | Report
What have you got, and what do you plan on getting? :D
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 10:24am | Report
I have a picture of Lady Fortuna on my ankle (took it when my best friend woke up from a coma of 1 ½ years) and I am planning on getting a picture of Athene noctua on my chest with text "Dum Spiro Spero" =)
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 11:02am | Report
Janitsu wrote:
I have a picture of Lady Fortuna on my ankle (took it when my best friend woke up from a coma of 1 ½ years)

Aw that was nice of you :)

Janitsu wrote:
and I am planning on getting a picture of Athene noctua on my chest with text "Dum Spiro Spero" =)

Oh sweet, that'll look awesome! I'm thinking about having a Peregrine Falcon done on my other arm, or maybe a different bird of prey, but Falcons are my faves. Funnily enough I've also considered an Owl too! :D
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2016 3:09pm | Report
Just for the fact that it's the fastest bird? :p

I think gyrfalcons have better colours in every way :p

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide