Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Favorite Game of 2011?

Creator: caucheka February 12, 2012 11:42pm
82 posts - page 3 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Favorite Game of 2011?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 6:14am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Searz you maggot, just because something is Mainstream doesnt mean it has no right to be the "best game".

Why would it?
I'm just saying that most people do not recognize greatness when they see it. Nor do they recognize problems and faults where they should.
If something looks great then they think it's great.
Here's an interesting article on a similar subject.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 6:29am | Report
Quite a few bugs in MW3, about 7.3 billion times more than that in Skyrim. I have had an interesting history of jumping through walls, completely skipping an entire dungeon to find myself standing immediately behind the boss at the end protecting the word wall. I very much like the customization of it though, one of my favourite things about any game.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 6:33am | Report
@Xenasis&TheJohn
More like oversimplifying, but yes, casualisation is a real problem for gamers today.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 6:44am | Report
IMO games shouldnt be compared like that.

Size/genre/just too many aspect differ to have a clear respone.

For example:

I played anything mentioned above + Skyrim except for Infamous2 and Bastion. (I'll try Bastion later actually seems like a nice game)

But regarding my favorite:
Batman: AC in terms of overall good game and the fact that you'll discover different aspects from the Batman universe.
But Gears of War if I want to play with other ppl.
Portal 2 was also great just to have it done once.

Just picked Batman, because it was regarding action/genre/atmosphere/character the best pick for me, but I wouldnt dare to compare it to an Indie game.

And yeah:
Skyrim was totally simplified compared to its predecessor Morrowind.
On one side I liked it, since it will let me skip 3 hours of considering where the **** I'll invest the next skill point (yeah I'm that kind of guy) to get right to the beating part, but on the other hand I totally miss the ability to create superior tactics instead of just hit the attack button...

IMO sth like Magicka gives you a greater tactical combat-asset than that.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 7:01am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

WTF Bastion? Are you srsly ****ing kidding me? This piece of ok game is a friggin indie game, A INDIE GAME! a indie game has a ffs such a low budget its technical not friggin ****in possible to be a good Game, i mean, ok the game wanted to have X and it was able to achieve this "X"...but that's it. That's like saying Tetris is Best Game of the Year...or like a Game where you throw a rock, the flight path gets calculated in such a way that the flight path of the Rock is 100% True, compare that now to something buggy as Skyrim...and now you gonna say that game with the rock is better(because its game of the year 2011)...you see what i want to get at?The good thing about Bastion is the Storytelling, the STORYTELLING. And Storytelling =/= The Story Content, the Gameplay is just mediocore Arcade...

I was gonna mock you, but now I just feel bad for you..

Most people that actually played it are gonna tell you that the game is great, are you really so ignorant as to ignore all the great qualities of Bastion?

If something has a ton of great qualities, does it matter how much it costs?
If a poor man and a rich man paints a masterpiece each, why would they differ in worth?
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 7:12am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Skyrim was totally simplified compared to its predecessor Morrowind.
On one side I liked it, since it will let me skip 3 hours of considering where the **** I'll invest the next skill point (yeah I'm that kind of guy) to get right to the beating part, but on the other hand I totally miss the ability to great superior tactics instead of just hit the attack button...

IMO sth like Magicka gives you a greater tactical combat-asset than that.

The simplifying isn't really the problem. The problem is that many of the game mechanics are bad.
They still haven't nailed a good leveling system (--.--), there are many problems like that and that's not even counting the bugs and exploits.

Still, it's not a bad game by any means. It's good, just not close to great.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 7:25am | Report
Searz wrote:

I was gonna mock you, but now I just feel bad for you..

Most people that actually played it are gonna tell you that the game is great, are you really so ignorant as to ignore all the great qualities of Bastion?

If something has a ton of great qualities, does it matter how much it costs?
If a poor man and a rich man paints a masterpiece each, why would they differ in worth?

I played Bastion myself, it achieves the thing's it want's to achieve, the game is not bad, that is not what i wanted to say. But there are many other game's out there who have way more to offer then Bastion, even if its not 100% "polished" like Bastion mostly is(maybe not because i was only playin it for 6-8 Hour's so i wasnt seeing everything), but that games still offer more then Bastion, also for what Bastion is mostly praised are the Storytelling/feeling y'know what i mean? You could apply this logic as i alrdy said on Tetris, Tetris is "100% polished", it achieved what i wanted to achieve, but that doesnt make it the best game in Year 1XXX or something.

Also your example is bad, because drawing a picture, if we talk about real art, only goes down into drawing skills. Big Firms have a bigger budget, so they can spend more "Working Time" into a Game to bring something greater, but, sadly i need to agree, that this "greater" nowadays is mostly bout Graphics to satisify the new Generation of Gamerppl who just look at noone cares graphics.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 7:38am | Report
Searz wrote:

The simplifying isn't really the problem. The problem is that many of the game mechanics are bad.
They still haven't nailed a good leveling system (--.--), there are many problems like that and that's not even counting the bugs and exploits.

Still, it's not a bad game by any means. It's good, just not close to great.

You say that indie games are better than Skyrim, because more perfected. Has it ever crossed your mind that its harder to fix and find bugs in open world with mega scenarios and randomization, don't start about damaging anyone which isn't there in many RPGs than any indie game like Bastion.

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 8:33am | Report
Searz wrote:

And WTF Winter?
I hope you're kidding. Else I'm disapoint, son. Real disapoint.

Whether I enjoyed a game or not is not even close to being your subject. :P

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 8:49am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Whether I enjoyed a game or not is not even close to being your subject. :P

It's more like:
Did you play many games?
I thought you were a gamer. But maybe you only played like 3 singleplayer games this year.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide