Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Final Fantasy XIV

Creator: ZioSerpe January 29, 2012 5:13pm
77 posts - page 2 of 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 8:05pm | Report
Yes, I realize you were being sarcastic. :P
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 12:11am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

I was being super sarcastic btw.

The fishing is insanely complicated, arbitrary, and monotonous.

But, I still made my character a fisher.

WHY CAN'T AN MMO JUST HAVE OCARINA OF TIME FISHING?

WHY?

Cuz fishing IRL is hard werk. REALISTIC FISHING MAKES GAME MORE INTERESTING! :V
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 12:15am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Cuz fishing IRL is hard werk. REALISTIC FISHING MAKES GAME MORE INTERESTING! :V

But o_o

It's not realistic, it's just dumb.
Tri lane for life.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 2:43am | Report
Temzilla wrote:

But o_o

It's not realistic, it's just dumb.

SO IS FISHING IRL!
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:43am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

What bothers me about both 12 and 13 is that the storylines actually had some potential but were completely ruined by terrible pacing and execution, and in 12's case ****ty characters. Neither game had any interesting villains at all.

Let's be honest the battle systems were pretty **** in both 12 and 13 as well.

And the biggest problem wih 13 was what I like to call 'corridor syndrome'. Literally the entire game is this:

-Walk down the corridor for 20 mins or so
-Encounter cutscene
-Walk down the corridor some more
-Encounter another cutscene somehow related to and carrying on from the last one
-Walk down the corridor some more
-Boss fight and area change
-Go back to top

Yes, the corridor might have pretty wallpaper but it's still just a corridor.

I actually just watched an ad for FFXIII-2 and I literally facepalmed when the guy described the addition of quicktime events as if it was the most original and ingenious idea ever. SERIOUSLY, KEEP THAT **** OUT OF MY JRPGS. IF THEY EVER REMAKE FF6/7/9 WITH QUICKTIME EVENTS I'M FLYING TO JAPAN AND BOMBING SQUARE HQ.

I hated FF12, the battle system is kinda different (there's just the waiting bar, you're not teleported to another dimension to fight), but the characters were lame and I didnt know why I was fighting

FF13 is bad because of that: you cant explore the area. Just go all the way forward, killing monsters. The only part you can go around is *I forgot the name, but is a huge place where you get missions, ride a chocobo*

They should remake FF5, the class change system was great, and I'm still searching for good games that have class changing system (PC or PSP)

Square Enix can do a good job, but it doesnt seem that they are trying. I'm playing The Last Remnant, and it's really good
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 7:04am | Report
Dont hate on FF13, DONT COMPARE FF13 TO THE OTHER FINAL FANTASY'S, FF13 is a good game, not DA BEST GAME/the hype bout it was to big, but definitly a good game, also cant wait to get my Hands on FF13-2 this week.

They should remake FF5, the class change system was great, and I'm still searching for good games that have class changing system (PC or PSP)
____
A Class of Heroes for PSP maybe? But its Otaku/Animestuff'ed so u probally dislike et.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 7:22am | Report
It would be a decent game if Square had never made the earlier FF games. As it is it's just disappointment in game form. Especially considering how much they hyped it.

And seriously, if 13-2 is even half-decent I will stream myself eating a hat. Every FF game has been worse than the last for years and years now. Need I remind you what happened last time they stuck '-2' after a game?
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 9:17am | Report
Yukimaru wrote:

Dont hate on FF13, DONT COMPARE FF13 TO THE OTHER FINAL FANTASY'S, FF13 is a good game, not DA BEST GAME/the hype bout it was to big, but definitly a good game, also cant wait to get my Hands on FF13-2 this week.

____
A Class of Heroes for PSP maybe? But its Otaku/Animestuff'ed so u probally dislike et.

I love otaku/animestuff'ed things
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 9:22am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

It would be a decent game if Square had never made the earlier FF games. As it is it's just disappointment in game form. Especially considering how much they hyped it.

And seriously, if 13-2 is even half-decent I will stream myself eating a hat. Every FF game has been worse than the last for years and years now. Need I remind you what happened last time they stuck '-2' after a game?

The lack of connection between games makes things interesting at least

You should start training. No need to say that the last "-2" was terrible
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 9:27am | Report
Toshabi wrote:
SO IS FISHING IRL!

Touché sir.
Tri lane for life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8