Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Is this the time when we say 'working as...

Creator: Mooninites June 4, 2013 3:42pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2013 3:42pm | Report
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:05am | Report
wait, did she say rules are meant to be broken?

honestly, they can't just waive a magic wand and let her get an adult human lung when shes only 10. the rule isn't at 12 because they want all children under that age to die, its because an adults body and a childs body are two completely different things, and 12 is about the age when people start going through puberty, the turmoil of the body changing from a childs body to an adult one.

there are more complications than anyone is letting on with this.

and before we go any further, as much as it pains me to say it because of all the stupid people in this country going out and having sex just because, abortion is up to the mother to decide. if she doesn't want to have a damn baby then why should she be forced to.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:17am | Report
Working as intended!
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:31am | Report
Searz wrote:

Working as intended!

Agreed. They don't deny anyone to live. Someone doesn't drown because we don't help them, they drown because they cannot swim. There's a big difference.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 11:51am | Report
SkidmarkD wrote:

Every girl/woman that has had an abortion fits that discription.

nailed it. That's exactly what theyre doing

Agreed. They don't deny anyone to live. Someone doesn't drown because we don't help them, they drown because they cannot swim. There's a big difference.

Kathy Sebellius has the ability to waive the regulation to allow for this young girl to get a lung transplant. She currently can't get an adult transplant because she is 10 and needs to be 12.

SkidmarkD wrote:

I can understand the furstration of the parents, but there are rules for a reason. When proven that the reasons are not valid anymore, most rules do get changed.

this is a human life, why would we not do everything possible to save it? The only thing preventing her from getting a transplant is her age imposed by Obamacare as some bureaucratic regulation. Are we really that far gone as a society to willingly let someone die because there are rules that can easily be broken to save a life? If so then I don't think I want to live on this planet anymore

caucheka wrote:

honestly, they can't just waive a magic wand and let her get an adult human lung when shes only 10. the rule isn't at 12 because they want all children under that age to die, its because an adults body and a childs body are two completely different things, and 12 is about the age when people start going through puberty, the turmoil of the body changing from a childs body to an adult one.

there are more complications than anyone is letting on with this.

and before we go any further, as much as it pains me to say it because of all the stupid people in this country going out and having sex just because, abortion is up to the mother to decide. if she doesn't want to have a damn baby then why should she be forced to.

If she was unable to receive a transplant for medical reasons then the issue wouldn't have been raised, but she is unable to receive the transplant for bureaucratic reasons not medical. That's the issue, if she was physically unable to receive the transplant no one would make a big deal, but she is unable to receive it because someone trying to play God decides she shouldn't receive it

If you're 5 years old and your mother decided she didn't want to raise you anymore, does she have a right to kill you? I mean she doesn't want to raise this child anymore she shouldn't have to right? She should have the right to kill you, is this correct?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:19pm | Report

Not at all what I meant =.=
Mooninites wrote:

SkidmarkD: "Every girl/woman that has had an abortion fits that discription."

nailed it. That's exactly what theyre doing

l0l
Quoted:
this is a human life, why would we not do everything possible to save it? The only thing preventing her from getting a transplant is her age imposed by Obamacare as some bureaucratic regulation. Are we really that far gone as a society to willingly let someone die because there are rules that can easily be broken to save a life? If so then I don't think I want to live on this planet anymore

Now tell me how much you know about medical science.
What problems might occur with young people receiving adult lungs? Has it been tried before? How much and at what ages?
Quoted:
If you're 5 years old and your mother decided she didn't want to raise you anymore, does she have a right to kill you? I mean she doesn't want to raise this child anymore she shouldn't have to right? She should have the right to kill you, is this correct?

l0l
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:41pm | Report
not sure if "survival of the fittest" rule should be applied.

Sig made by Hogopogo
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 12:44pm | Report
Moon wtf
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 2:29pm | Report
Quoted:
If she was unable to receive a transplant for medical reasons then the issue wouldn't have been raised, but she is unable to receive the transplant for bureaucratic reasons not medical. That's the issue, if she was physically unable to receive the transplant no one would make a big deal, but she is unable to receive it because someone trying to play God decides she shouldn't receive it

most likely the parents are thinking that they aren't willing to help their daughter and can't see the reasoning behind not giving an adult lung to a child. no one is trying to play god, bad things happen and people die all the time. get over it.

Quoted:

first off, if she decides she doesn't want to raise her child anymore there are a few actual options. secondly
Spoiler: Click to view
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2013 3:20pm | Report
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/05/18779741-judge-orders-girl-added-to-adult-lung-transplant-list?lite

A judge just ordered that the rules be suspended and that Sarah be given a transplant. I don't know much about medical science but it appears science won today

caucheka wrote:

first off, if she decides she doesn't want to raise her child anymore there are a few actual options. secondly

a fetus is not a child

there are other options to abortion like, how about condoms, or birth control pills, or abstaining from sex, or adoption.

Who are you to decide what is life and what isn't. If a fetus isn't life, then what is?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide