Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jill Sandwich: The Resident Evil Thread

Creator: throatslasher September 28, 2012 9:55am
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 11:31am | Report
I liked the part where the final boss was a large rock :D
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 12:07pm | Report

You mean this
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 12:07pm | Report
/Sarcasm
if its not obvious
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 2:17pm | Report
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/01/resident-evil-6-review

Seems pretty good. Not as brilliant as RE4, but that's hard.

The game is out on torrent sites and it's not even released yet XD
I'm gonna buy the game though.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 5:22pm | Report
I heard the new RE 6 was meh. Not bad, but nothing great. Either or, that's a huge step up from Raccoon City.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 9:00pm | Report
And this is what RE is today. 4 was great! 5 was good! there were games before it?
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 9:04pm | Report
Searz wrote:

What? I said that I did play RE1. No need for fanboy-ism. ಠ_ಠ
The game might have been good by the standards of the time it was released, but compared to good games today it is lacking in graphics, story and controls. (but graphics are not super important) It doesn't matter if they "had to make the controls the way they did" because of the fixed camera, it's still very unintuitive.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but after looking up pictures of the other games they seem to have the same camera problem, so it's unlikely that I'll be playing them.

It doesn't matter to me if there's 6+years of RE I'm missing out on. I just wanna play good games, and it's not like the story of RE is a masterpiece.

Good call. PS1 games don't have worse graphics than PS3. The story is fantastic. How can someone who hasn't played the games attest to the story? RE was always a whacky series. 1, 2, 3 took itself pretty seriously, and they made a fantastic attempt to string together a good plot while maintaining creepy atmosphere and ambiance. Graphics are not super important? Then why do you mention it so much?
"It doesn't matter to me if there's 6+years of RE I'm missing out on. I just wanna play good games, and it's not like the story of RE is a masterpiece."
"graphics, story and controls"
So, what about gameplay? I honestly don't understand your criteria for judging which game is good and which game is bad. Go enjoy halo.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 10:00pm | Report
"It doesn't matter to me if there's 6+years of RE I'm missing out on. I just wanna play good games, and it's not like the story of RE is a masterpiece."
So, what about gameplay? I honestly don't understand your criteria for judging which game is good and which game is bad. Go enjoy halo.

RE has a pretty cool story, and RE2/RE3 were pretty interesting games, but when i played them i didn't have very much fun.

They were decent games, but they have aged extremely poorly.

If you had to choose between Halo and RE, I'd pick Halo every time, it's simply more fun.
Tri lane for life.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2012 10:13pm | Report
OOHHHHHH you must be talking about Restaurant Empire
Ya that was a very good game
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 2, 2012 6:08am | Report

Good call. PS1 games don't have worse graphics than PS3.

Whut? Not making sense bro..
Quoted:
Graphics are not super important? Then why do you mention it so much?

I... What? I mention it one time, and that's apparently too much? O.o
Quoted:
The story is fantastic. How can someone who hasn't played the games attest to the story? RE was always a whacky series. 1, 2, 3 took itself pretty seriously, and they made a fantastic attempt to string together a good plot while maintaining creepy atmosphere and ambiance.

I sure as hell can't rack down on the atmosphere in the RE games, but the story has cheese out it's ***.
It's dumb fun, but not particularly deep.

I know I haven't played the entire RE1 nor 2 and 3, but I've seen a few movies, which capture the overall story of the series pretty well and I've talked to plenty of people who have played the games and none of them care much for the story when talking about the game (and these are people who liked the games).
Quoted:
So, what about gameplay? I honestly don't understand your criteria for judging which game is good and which game is bad.

Bad controls severely damage gameplay. The controls make those games very stilted.
RE4 solved most of the control problems and it's a wonderful game.
Quoted:
Go enjoy halo.

That's insulting..
There's no need to get defensive just because I'm talking about your favorite game series.
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide