Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

L A Noire

Creator: caucheka May 17, 2011 9:41pm
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:41pm | Report
so what do you all think of it? im getting it on friday but im really pumped. also

only B^Uckly comic i found funny.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:44pm | Report
apparently it's very realistic now

always a good thing, never been a fan of the series though, so I probably wont buy it
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:46pm | Report
well duh, you play a cop, you cant just go around shooting and killing people.

secondly, its not a series. its a stand alone game, technically its not even made by rockstar, but just published by them.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:50pm | Report
hm, i could have sworn it was based on GTA (your comic didn't help the assumption!) :(

maybe i'm just thinking of a completely different game. didn't mean to say it was a series though (the game itself) just that it was based on GTA games.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
OsmBear
<Member>
OsmBear's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 9:52pm | Report
Damn it Caucheka you stole my thread.....

ON another note. L.A. Noire is really great. If you're going into this thinking it's gonna be just like Grand Theft Auto then don't buy this game. It's main focus is investigating...And I mean INVESTIGATING. You look at items, examine clues, go around and questioning witnesses and suspects. There are a few "random encounters" over the radio dispatcher where you can go shoot some criminals but other than that it's a very story driven game.

If you aren't into the detective/noir genre, DON'T BUY THIS GAME. If you want to go around and do what Tim Buckley did then play GTA IV and don't spend your money on this game.

It's a glorious game it's just not for everyone.

caucheka wrote:

im not going to play portal or portal to because to me its uninteresting. i played a flash game someone made to mimic portal in 2d but it was just boring.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:11pm | Report
Jet wrote:

hm, i could have sworn it was based on GTA (your comic didn't help the assumption!) :(

maybe i'm just thinking of a completely different game. didn't mean to say it was a series though (the game itself) just that it was based on GTA games.

It was a safe assumption. After all, they completely rear ended their Red Dead series by turning it into GTA: Wild West.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:14pm | Report
series? what? there was only one game to rdr.

and i've never really played any gta games either. didnt really see the appeal to them.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:18pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

series? what? there was only one game to rdr.

and i've never really played any gta games either. didnt really see the appeal to them.

They were going to do more with the game, however, instead of keeping it with the same formula with a few upgrades (That worked and made it its own distinguished game), they turned it into GTA. It was way too overrated for its own good, primarily because it has been a good long while before any good western games came out.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

OsmBear
<Member>
OsmBear's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:26pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

They were going to do more with the game, however, instead of keeping it with the same formula with a few upgrades (That worked and made it its own distinguished game), they turned it into GTA. It was way too overrated for its own good, primarily because it has been a good long while before any good western games came out.

You know what I think is funny...if you took the free roam out of Red Dead you wouldn't say it's exactly like GTA.

caucheka wrote:

im not going to play portal or portal to because to me its uninteresting. i played a flash game someone made to mimic portal in 2d but it was just boring.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:27pm | Report
OsmBear wrote:
You know what I think is funny...if you took the free roam out of Red Dead you wouldn't say it's exactly like GTA.

Play Red Dead Revolver.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide