Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 205 of 334
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2014 11:44am | Report
KLK is incredible and has the potential to reach TTGL-levels of epicness especially with the last two episodes
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2014 10:06pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

Yeah if you can recommend me some with badass MC (especially) or epic story. Go ahead :D
Epic story isn't restricted to setting btw, feel free to recommend anything :p

I'm just gonna start by warning you that a lot of the series I post here will contain gore and nudity.

Most people here will probably see this coming, but go read Berserk and Shingeki No Kyojin if you haven't already. They're on a completely different level from most manga.
Another one of my definite favorites is Koe No Katachi. It's a story about a handicapped girl from the perspective of her bully.

Vagabond revolves around a ****-sure young samurai that ends up learning about the cruelty of the world and how to deal with it.
I am a Hero revolves around a schizophrenic shut-in during the apocalypse. It's weird. Real weird. But I really enjoyed it.
Onepunch-man is a comedy shounen. The series is self-aware, that puts a whole 'nother twist on the jokes. The jokes are great and the art is spectacular. It's a shining example of a shounen.

Wolf & Mary is a black comedy. I'm not gonna say anything about the story since it's just 3 chapters long, but the two first chapters are complete and utter gold. It's well worth a read.
Quoted:
As the mangaka in Lasboxx x Hero said, the characters can only be as smart as the author himself.
The idea was good, but the mangaka just fell into the holes as you said :D

Well, I think that's more of a half-truth.
Quoted:
About Anorexia and Shinobi, I'd highly recommend Shinobi, the story is good and well rounded to the end.

I'll read them both.
I couldn't find "Ichi" though. Is that the full title? Could you direct me to it? (preferably on Batoto or non-mangafox site)

Soo, I read 3 chapters of Anorexia. It was ****ing dreadful. It was bad to the point of hilarity. But that's not enough to keep me reading.

I also read one chapter of Shinobi. It was pretty decent. It hasn't really pulled me in yet, but it has the potential to turn out good.
"I love the dirty bomb tag because i get either

a) posts about the game

b) current world affairs" - steel-sentry
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2014 2:17am | Report
I have Berserk as a hardcopy on my shelf :c.
So I will look at the others you recommended, tho I am reading Koe no Katachi already.

Same, I don't seem to find Ichi anywhere o0

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/ichi/ here.

I liked Wolf and Mary, it reminded me a bit of Lying Mii-kun And Broken Maa-chan ;D
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2014 5:00pm | Report
xIchi wrote:

I liked Wolf and Mary, it reminded me a bit of Lying Mii-kun And Broken Maa-chan ;D

Lol, what? O.o
They're nothing alike..

I finished Lying Mii-kun And Broken Maa-chan. It was pretty decent. I started out not liking it but as the plot progressed I started liking it a bit. I'm not sure I'd call it good though, because it feels like it wasn't given enough time, and the readers were led a little by their nose in terms of the twists. There was little foreshadowing. But it is very close to what I'd call good.

I read 10 chapters of Ichi. It was kinda meh. It had some interesting elements and the art was pretty good, but other than that there wasn't much to like. There was a lot of dialogue, of which little was interesting.
The fact that a blind person could fight as well and even better than people that could see is also a bit silly. It's very unrealistic and not something a manga that is so grounded in reality should do.
It's an entirely different thing when there are fruits that give you powers that defy the laws of physics for example.
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F Roberts
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 2:25pm | Report
Searz wrote:

It's an entirely different thing when there are fruits that give you powers that defy the laws of physics for example.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away :P

I'm watching Neon Genesis Evangelion right now(I'm late to the party, I know). The earth is being attacked by weird creatures called Angels and a group called NERV is fighting them with so-called Evas which can only be controlled by teenagers(don't run away yet, they can be male too). The protagonist becomes a pilot of one such Eva. His father, who he hasn't seen since he was young, is the commander of NERV. I'm enjoying it so far. Though I'm fearing the conclusion is going to turn my expectations down quite a bit. First there's science-fiction and then it seems to move a little bit too much to the religion-side for my liking. But I haven't finished it yet so hopefully I'm wrong.

Someone recommended me to watch Mirai Nikki so I'm probably going to watch that too.

I also finished watching SnK but I think I've got nothing to add to what's already been said there. I'd recommend it.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 3:11pm | Report

An apple a day keeps the doctor away :P

True, but I hope you get what I'm referencing.

Quoted:
I'm watching Neon Genesis Evangelion right now(I'm late to the party, I know). The earth is being attacked by weird creatures called Angels and a group called NERV is fighting them with so-called Evas which can only be controlled by teenagers(don't run away yet, they can be male too). The protagonist becomes a pilot of one such Eva. His father, who he hasn't seen since he was young, is the commander of NERV. I'm enjoying it so far. Though I'm fearing the conclusion is going to turn my expectations down quite a bit. First there's science-fiction and then it seems to move a little bit too much to the religion-side for my liking. But I haven't finished it yet so hopefully I'm wrong.

Sorry, I ran away at "teenagers".

Nah, but all my overrated bells are going off for it.
Quoted:
Someone recommended me to watch Mirai Nikki so I'm probably going to watch that too.

I've finished the manga. It's decent. And I doubt the anime is any better.

Quoted:
I also finished watching SnK but I think I've got nothing to add to what's already been said there. I'd recommend it.

Now go read it. The manga is significantly better :P
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 3:24pm | Report
Alright so i just spent 2 days without sleep just to finish fullmetal alchemist. Pretty good show imo, ending was pretty good, I also loved the humor in the show, made me laugh a lot.
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Want a signature that will give you a Thrill of the Hunt? Well check out Emikadon's Graphic Café for some trophy signatures!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 3:28pm | Report
^Brotherhood or the manga?
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 3:30pm | Report
Searz wrote:

^Brotherhood or the manga?

The original 2003-2004 one. I plan on watching brotherhood as well. Also isn't brotherhood based off the manga?
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

Your skills are inferior, but not YayaFTW's! Go check him out for a great signature!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 21, 2014 3:46pm | Report
Searz wrote:

True, but I hope you get what I'm referencing.
Honesty I'm not. Did I miss another party?

Searz wrote:
Sorry, I ran away at "teenagers".

Nah, but all my overrated bells are going off for it.
It might be overrated, but it's not the cliché it seems. It has quite a lot of story and it surely has its good moments. It's almost the opposite of Infinite Stratos.
Searz wrote:

Now go read it. The manga is significantly better :P
I had hoped you'd say that, Mirai Nikki postponed yet again.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide