Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Need to find a good rpg game

Creator: Dainou March 9, 2012 3:34pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:18pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Sooooo.... Fallout 3 /Fallout New Vegas + DLC anyone...?

No way.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:19pm | Report
Pokemon

I think Amnesia is kind of a fun horror rpg. Saw it once :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:23pm | Report
I can recommend Suikoden I and II for PS1. Just get an emulator and hf playing, those games are both really epic and awesome!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:38pm | Report
Baldurs Gate II bro.
Also if i recall right Fallout I&II are turn based strategy, so u could try: Jagged Alliance II, and i dont mean the new one that came out, its bs, its a bad remake of JAII, play the original.
Or Fallout III or New Vegas, New Vegas has more content then III, but both are nice.

Also if u use a Nintendo DS Emulator, best game ever created for it is by no means Radiant Historia.
ClearDays
<Member>
ClearDays's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 9, 2012 5:57pm | Report
Personally, Kingdom Hearts 1&2 have been my favorite RPGs, and still are as it stands today. Maybe that`s because my taste of gaming moved to MMOs into MOBAs

Lovin the sig Xiao! <3
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 1:15am | Report
You guys are fast, went to bed almost right after I made this and it already hit 2 pages. Going to answer to everything accordingly

caucheka wrote:

i've heard that might and magic 7 and 8 were great rpgs. although i havnt looked into them much myself.

although if i go look on steam i could possibly find something.

edit: hmm.. don't see really much 'true' rpgs.. seeing a lot of **** with rpg elements but not much actual rpgs...

Hmm can't recall I have heard about them. Gonna look into it, as I bet they have low graphic enough to be run on my laptop

Searz wrote:

Paper Mario.
Great game. Never actually finished it though. My savefiles magically disappear before I'm able to.

Paper Mario, wait what? Never heard of the thing, but I might add I'm not a fan of the original Mario games:P

Luther3000 wrote:

Uhh...

Mass Effect 3? It just got released.

Already released? I thought it weren't gonna come out until the 19 or something. Anyway that doesn't solve the problem with my older computer. Still not sure if I will play Mass Effect 3, but I think I might give it a chance in the end anyway

Luther3000 wrote:

Indeed, though all the games he listed were western RPGs.

Western rpg, Asian rpg, Mars rpg, doesn't matter so much for me. As I know nothing about the difference, I know those game has a lot of fans that love them. But somehow didn't consider them when I was looking for a game. I got Final Fantasy XII for ps2, but I have heard the others games is nothing like that one.

Darcurse wrote:

Sooooo.... Fallout 3 /Fallout New Vegas + DLC anyone...?

Played both, got tired of the 3 as it felt like I was running around in circles and the main story got boring. Also the thrill of facing new monsters disappeared and I couldn't pretty much kill anything or they killed me. Also notice that in the end, I didn't cared about any quest or people.

I tried Las Vegas as well, still got it installed in that prison thing. Kinda feel the same thing there. Haven't played with the DLC there also, does it make such a huge impact?

tehAsian wrote:

Pokemon

I think Amnesia is kind of a fun horror rpg. Saw it once :p

Hmmm yeah that horror game, where the main character have the same name as me^^ I played the demo and thought it was okay. So I got it in on my list, as I like horror movies the most.

IceCreamy wrote:

I can recommend Suikoden I and II for PS1. Just get an emulator and hf playing, those games are both really epic and awesome!

That could probably work on my laptop, great idea Icecream. Didn't consider I could get a emulator and then look into PS games.

Yukimaru wrote:

Baldurs Gate II bro.
Also if i recall right Fallout I&II are turn based strategy, so u could try: Jagged Alliance II, and i dont mean the new one that came out, its bs, its a bad remake of JAII, play the original.
Or Fallout III or New Vegas, New Vegas has more content then III, but both are nice.

Also if u use a Nintendo DS Emulator, best game ever created for it is by no means Radiant Historia.

Baldurs Gate sure is a candidate for my older computer, as for turn based, it doesn't matter I think. Didn't really like it in Dragon Age, but it was no problem in Knights of the old republic 2 and Fallout when I played them as little.

I would say Ace Attorney as the best DS game:P Ok at least that I have played

ClearDays wrote:

Personally, Kingdom Hearts 1&2 have been my favorite RPGs, and still are as it stands today. Maybe that`s because my taste of gaming moved to MMOs into MOBAs

Hmm is that the one with the characters that use keys as weapon and some more famous characters from other series/movies/games?

Also going to add that I consider Vampire: The Masquerade, also I'm surprised no one has mentioned Skyrim or Oblivion yet. Might also add that I in the recent Fallout games lacked the feature of talking to the followers, like you can in Mass Effect, Jade Empire and Dragon Age. Actually a good part about Dragon Age, is the funny comments Morrigan make.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 3:58am | Report
Dainou wrote:

Played both, got tired of the 3 as it felt like I was running around in circles and the main story got boring. Also the thrill of facing new monsters disappeared and I couldn't pretty much kill anything or they killed me. Also notice that in the end, I didn't cared about any quest or people.

I tried Las Vegas as well, still got it installed in that prison thing. Kinda feel the same thing there. Haven't played with the DLC there also, does it make such a huge impact?

I get the "boring" part, but from all you wrote up until, you sound to get bored rather easily if it's too hard.

You mention Skyrim/Oblivion, but got bored from Fallout 3?
IMO they're pretty similar, if Fallout 3 bores you, TES games will, too.

And nope, DLC only adds some new items/weapons and storyline/quests, but if you're already bored of what's there it won't add sth "new".
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 4:12am | Report
Well it wasn't to hard, rather Fallout 3 got to easy and the only thing that could show up was Mutants. I mean when I was in that Enclave base, I was totally unstoppable and it didn't feel fun. What I liked about Fallout 3 at the start was the fight and you never knew what to expect, but in the end it got obvious and character seemed pale. Hell I even consider to play New Vegas on that survival option, to add a interesting feature.

Dragon Age on the other hand was much harder for me.

No rather I got surprised no one mentioning it, I still consider them as like I consider taking up on Fallout 3 or just keep playing Fallout New Vegas, thinking of trying the melee option instead of the of gun shooting.

I tried to add the DLC to Fallout 3 when I was really into in it, was for a while, but couldn't get it to work.

Still haven't deiced not to play them through. But I remember I didn't cared if people survived and same about those that follows.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 4:24am | Report
Dainou wrote:

Paper Mario, wait what? Never heard of the thing, but I might add I'm not a fan of the original Mario games:P

Well, this game is entirely different to the "real" Mario games. Those games are platformers, Paper Mario is a full-fledged RPG.
I personally like Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga(<-GBA) and Mario&Luigi: Partners in Time(<-NDS) more, since they're more skill-based (I.E: you press a bunch of buttons in exact timings to avoid enemy attacks or boost your own), but all the Mario RPG games are great.

Quoted:

Hmmm yeah that horror game, where the main character have the same name as me^^ I played the demo and thought it was okay. So I got it in on my list, as I like horror movies the most.

Amnesia is one of the best games I've played and I've played a lot of games. It's just so unique in all respects. It's certainly not an RPG, but it's one hell of a game and it's definitely a game you should play, especially if you like horror games.

Dainou wrote:

Hmm is that the one with the characters that use keys as weapon and some more famous characters from other series/movies/games?

Yea, those are the ones. They seem like pretty good games. I want to play them some time.

Quoted:
Also going to add that I consider Vampire: The Masquerade, also I'm surprised no one has mentioned Skyrim or Oblivion yet. Might also add that I in the recent Fallout games lacked the feature of talking to the followers, like you can in Mass Effect, Jade Empire and Dragon Age. Actually a good part about Dragon Age, is the funny comments Morrigan make.

Vampire: The Masquerade is on my to play list. I got it on steam, I've just never played it yet.

Neither Skyrim nor Oblivion are great RPGs. Morrowind is probably better than both of them. I personally prefer playing a modded version of Morrowind.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 10, 2012 5:23am | Report
Searz wrote:

Well, this game is entirely different to the "real" Mario games. Those games are platformers, Paper Mario is a full-fledged RPG.
I personally like Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga(<-GBA) and Mario&Luigi: Partners in Time(<-NDS) more, since they're more skill-based (I.E: you press a bunch of buttons in exact timings to avoid enemy attacks or boost your own), but all the Mario RPG games are great.

Never heard about it, might take a look into it. Sounds like it might work on my laptop as well.

Searz wrote:

Amnesia is one of the best games I've played and I've played a lot of games. It's just so unique in all respects. It's certainly not an RPG, but it's one hell of a game and it's definitely a game you should play, especially if you like horror games.

Not sure yet if I like them or not. Just been trying Silent Hill and Resident Evil 4.

Searz wrote:

Yea, those are the ones. They seem like pretty good games. I want to play them some time.

Just seen pictures and some talk about it, but never actually looked it up. Didn't expect it to be a rpg really.

Searz wrote:

Vampire: The Masquerade is on my to play list. I got it on steam, I've just never played it yet.

Neither Skyrim nor Oblivion are great RPGs. Morrowind is probably better than both of them. I personally prefer playing a modded version of Morrowind.

Yeah I found out about it by reading it in a top 10 or something, more of a warwolf guy. But those vampires seems like the ''real deal' for me and it seemed like the game got great options, so might give it a try.

Okay, truth to be told, haven't looked so much into either Skyrim or Oblivion. Just know they are big and popular.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide