Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pokemon X and Y

Creator: DillButt64 January 8, 2013 2:28pm
205 posts - page 17 of 21
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 12:58pm | Report
so is racecar, I think some of the new pokemon will have tires that's just dumb
sig by HogoPogo
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 1:23pm | Report
Well, another thing I didn't like was how as each new Pokemon series come out, there's just rehashes of older ones.

Like Woobat/Swoobat was essentially Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, Taurus is Bouffalant, etc. There are a lot of these parallels. If it was just starter Pokemon, it wouldn't bother me, but the fact that there are now currently 5-6 variations of Rattata is just pointless.

And then there were Pokemon where you just went 'wtf' at their design. Like Throh and Sawk come in naturally formed Karate Gis.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 2:30pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Well, another thing I didn't like was how as each new Pokemon series come out, there's just rehashes of older ones.

Like Woobat/Swoobat was essentially Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, Taurus is Bouffalant, etc. There are a lot of these parallels. If it was just starter Pokemon, it wouldn't bother me, but the fact that there are now currently 5-6 variations of Rattata is just pointless.

And then there were Pokemon where you just went 'wtf' at their design. Like Throh and Sawk come in naturally formed Karate Gis.

And you're not complaining about pokemon like magnemite/ton, voltorb, diglet, dugtrio, electrode, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Hitmonchan, ect. why?
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

ChaosxSoul
<Member>
ChaosxSoul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 2:33pm | Report
sirell wrote:

And then there were Pokemon where you just went 'wtf' at their design.

Yeah, gen5 had terrible design with Trubish being the worst. But it also got some really cool one like Golurk, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Sigilyph, Zoroark and Ferrothorn.
Thanks to TinyStar for making me this awesome sig
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 2:40pm | Report
I just got back into collecting the cards and yeah there are some really messed up pokemon, but Sigilyph looks really cool, I just hope this new gen is aimed at the original generation of players instead of the new generation of kids who don't even know the first 150
I stole this Sig idea from SoapSuds
ChaosxSoul
<Member>
ChaosxSoul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

And you're not complaining about pokemon like magnemite/ton, voltorb, diglet, dugtrio, electrode, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Hitmonchan, ect. why?

You forgot Unonw, Sunkern, Ghastly, Geodude and Togepi. Also, haven't you noticed that those with terrible design always suck? It like the developers also went lazy with the stats and movepools. Atleast, some of them become powerful when they finally evolve.
Thanks to TinyStar for making me this awesome sig
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2013 2:46pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Oh, but I do. Machop/Machoke/Machamp were bloody ridiculous with their lore. I have less qualms with Magnemite/ton/zone, Voltorb/Electrode, diglet/dugtrio, because their designs were alright and didn't involve artificial involement. But the thought of wild Pokemon being hatched in Karate Gis, boxing gloves, power belts and **** is just absurd as hell. Natural selection right there.

ChaosxSoul wrote:
Yeah, gen5 had terrible design with Trubish being the worst. But it also got some really cool one like Golurk, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Sigilyph, Zoroark and Ferrothorn.

I'll have to agree there. Trubish/Garbardor was just a rehashed Grimer/Muk again and even those two weren't that good (the pre-evolved form is exactly the same as the evolved form if you think about it).
Leonidas_Sama
<Member>
Leonidas_Sama's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 8:36pm | Report
Ya this game is gonna be so badass! They finally listened to people and made it in the 3rd person camera angle. But I don't I'm agreeing with the starting Pokemon :/..They don't look as cool as I thought but hopefully the evolved forms will blow me away!
Made the signature myself :3
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 9:28pm | Report
Ever since 4th gen, the starter designs started to really suck.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2013 9:30pm | Report
i still think the first gen starters are the best.

people like the classics~

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide