Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Riot's coming to my school next week! WHOOT WHOOT!

Creator: 1337azn January 13, 2011 10:24am
1 2
1337azn
<Member>
1337azn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 2:39pm | Report
Whoot! Got to talk to a Riot employee today and saw three (may one of them was pendragon or phreak??? I didn't ask, but there was a male out of the three.) :)

Anyway, they're really nice folks and I got to have a little chat with them despite not looking to intern at their place over the summer. Apparently, they plan to hire over 100 employees this year, so Riot is pretty serious about expanding their company in Culver City, which is like 20 miles from where I go to college. I talked to them about their micro-transaction business model, and they confirmed once again that it is working really well, so I guess many of you must be buying skins. It's pretty interesting since they are hiring from all the different majors offered here, which is quite funny, but I guess going to a prestigious college gets you an automatic leg up (not to brag). The person I talked to did hint that Riot is thinking about creating another game, although apparently there isn't anything set in stone or else you probably would've heard about it already, but she still hinted that perhaps once the company becomes big enough, LoL will not be the only thing keeping it going. Just for kicks, I did mention that Vault is coming out with DotA 2 this year, but the person I talked with was unfazed and just dodged the question. I guess Riot is prepared for it and doesn't worry at the possibility that Dota 2 may take a portion of their gamers. I really think the fact that LoL is free to play is the major reason.

As for the free stuff, I didn't want to act like a douche by taking more than I was given... she gave me a ryze/katarina t-shirt with "join the riot (www.riotgames.com/careers)" on the back and a riot singed skin promo code. Actually, the codes were all for the same skin and were just placed on the table up for grabs, so I guess I could've taken a few without incidence; however, seeing that I don't know any of you in real life, there was no motivation. Additionally, seeing that some of you down-rated my build without a compelling reason (shadowsfiji *cough*) totally killed my mood to get more free stuff to post here. That being said, however, I don't know if I will redeem this code since at the moment I don't have time to play LoL with classes and all. Maybe one lucky person here will get it. Then again, maybe not.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 2:47pm | Report
Sounds fun. Congrats on the T-shirt!

Under normal circumstances, I would beg to get the promo code, but I don't play Singed. >.>
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 9:17pm | Report
Yeah, free **** is always a plus.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 9:20pm | Report
woo hoo free shirt. as for me i play singed and you all know how awesome i am.

:D
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2011 10:07pm | Report
caucheka wrote:

woo hoo free shirt. as for me i play singed and you all know how awesome i am.

:D

Where is your amazing singed guide!?
SchizoFrancis
<Member>
SchizoFrancis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2011 3:01pm | Report
Nice. That sounds like a lot of fun. Lucky you got a Singed skin. I prefer Hextech Singed, though.
Credit for this signature goes to foggy12!
I am absolutely fabulous.
BryceTheTerrible
<Member>
BryceTheTerrible's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2011 4:04pm | Report

Nice. That sounds like a lot of fun. Lucky you got a Singed skin. I prefer Hextech Singed, though.

YES!!! Only skin of his I liked, I bought him and that skin.
THIS POST IS BRYCE APPROVED!!!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide