Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Creator: Fox Rage October 9, 2012 6:09pm
264 posts - page 1 of 27
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 17 27
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:09pm | Report
Last weekend, as I was chilling at my bro's place, his roomate said : Hey guys, let's all download Pokemon right here right now, and play like **********ers.

We had a 3 day weekend, and since 3 day weekend are so ******** rare, well all downloaded pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen. We spent most of those 3 days playing Pokemon while being super nostalgic.

I felt nostalgic again a few hours ago, and opened my pokemon game. After playing a bit I told myself : Well, it sure is fun and nostalgic and all, but I wish Pokemon was harder. So I looked on google a bit and discovered this Nuzlocke Challenge. Challenge Accepted.

Nuzlocke Challenge Rules

If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it ASAP. You cannot use Revives.
When you reach a new Route/Cave/Town/Ect. you can only catch the first Pokemon you see in that Area. You are allowed to have Pokemon in your PC box as "backup" for when you need new members to replace fainted ones.
If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see for ANY reason then you've missed out on your chance to get a Pokemon from that area. Because of this rule, you cannot catch any Pokemon on Route 1, ect. if you saw one there.
You may only buy up to 10 Pokeballs from each Pokemart.
You are not allowed to use Legendary Pokemon.
If a town contains Gift Pokemon, you may treat these as your captured Pokemon for said area. For example, the Eevee you obtain from Bill in Goldenrod.
Nickname all of your Pokemon so you have an attachment to them. "Each Pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking." (Not really a required rule, but makes things fun.)
If you black out (all party Pokemon faint) and you have no backups in your PC, it's Game Over.
You are not allowed to use any healing items outside of battle.
You are not allowed to switch out before the trainer sends in his next Pokemon. (Change that setting in the Options Menu)
No trading between games, hacking pokemon, ect. You know, stay in the spirit of the challenge...

I will leave the pokemon that I lose in my PC box 2, just so I can keep count of them.

I use Pokemon FireRed ROM without any Mods.

If you're up for the challenge, join me! Post your fallen pokemon's stats and tell us how you lost him/her!

Nuzlocke Challengers :

Fox Rage
OTGBionicArm
Searz
ChaosxSoul
DillButt64 (maybe)
Berzerk (maybe)

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:10pm | Report
All the dead pokemon's stats and how they died will be added to this post. I will use it as a Hall of Fame of some sort. I will also add who the owner was of course.

HALL OF FAME

Vekx, my Caterpie just died. A wild Pidgey used Tackle twice. Crit on both. QQOwner : Fox Rage

Cuicui, my Pidgey just died. It was poisoned while fighting a trainer on route 3. Cuicui died from poison as I was entering the PokeCenter. QQ.Owner : Fox Rage

Lizzo, my Charmeleon just died. It was poisoned while fighting Trainer #3 on the bridge of Cerulean City. Lizzo had 4 HP left after the battle, so he died as I was on my way to the PokeCenter. QQ my starter pokemon's dead.
Owner : Fox Rage

Kyo, my Meowth. He got 1 hit KO by a wild machop lvl 12, who did a karate chop crit. QQ.Owner : Fox Rage

Qarzo, my Diglett, just got 1 hit KO (at full HP of course) while fighting a wild diglett. Because Magnitude 10 is so ******** OP. QQ.

The Ball has fallen! A geodude with self-destruct really is the bane of any Nuzlocke Challengers. That and poison.

R.I.P. Lily. My faithful Pooch. One-shot by some ******* team aqua douche. D:

I underestimated the strenght of a random Metronome : Hyper Beam. QQ.
Owner : OTGBionicArm

R.I.P. Kha'Zix. What kind of sorcery do you have going on Fox?!

R.I.P Trixie. WTF. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Couldn't survive his first battle with a ratata :(

Owner : ChaosxSoul

Died while fighting my rival pidgey

R.I.P Zubat, you sacrificed yourself so that i could capture my NidoranM.

Farewell Spearow, I'll kill all the Ratata i'll meet from now on in honor of you

Damn you Koffing for explosing on my beedrill.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:17pm | Report
I'm already doing this with pokemon white 2. I'm going to turn it into a MSPA comic that I'll probably slap onto these forums later.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:20pm | Report
DO NOT PICK CHARMANDER IF YER DOING THIS =[ the first two gyms are brutal for him and he will most likely die and you wont have another first type for the grass gym and yer flying will die on the 4th gym

i did this challenge and it was just waaaaaaaaaaaay too hard v_v i couldnt do it
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:24pm | Report
Brb finding gameboy SP and FireRed version so I can do this.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:32pm | Report
THAT'S THE SPIRIT

Quoted:
DO NOT PICK CHARMANDER IF YER DOING THIS =[ the first two gyms are brutal for him and he will most likely die and you wont have another first type for the grass gym and yer flying will die on the 4th gym

i did this challenge and it was just waaaaaaaaaaaay too hard v_v i couldnt do it

I used a random number generator and fell on 3. AKA charmander. QQ.

TRY IT AGAIN WITH US

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:42pm | Report
Uh.... too bad charmander learns... you know.... METAL CLAW EARLY ON. >:[
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:50pm | Report
Uh... too bad metal claw doesn't exist in the first generation of pokemons.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:52pm | Report
it exists in firered so he learns it

id do it again but my firered game is like...full of all my legendary level 100 pokemons from when i got the game and had no life......and im too lazy to get a rom for it
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2012 6:53pm | Report
I checked and you're right. It still didn't exist in the first generation though, so I'm only half wrong! >:D

@Dill: OH COME ON

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 17 27

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide