Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Valve Dota

Creator: Shrillex August 14, 2010 11:25pm
26 posts - page 2 of 3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 7:11pm | Report
Ohdaym, I'm pretty interested.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 9:02pm | Report
yeah i know im interested too... back when i played dota no one ever really denied but if i get this only to find people deny the **** out of everything..

feelsbadman.jpg
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 9:19pm | Report
Just read it and I'm excited. Granted I never played Dota but if LoL was influenced by Dota then I'm very interested to play.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 12:09am | Report
yeah, you probably heard that the lead guys at riot made dota allstars, but what i didnt know is that the guy who took over dota after they left for LoL is in charge of the new game.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 2:13am | Report
I <3 Valve and am really interested to see what they do but, holy drama much?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 3:01am | Report
Quoted:
In fact, our legal team had previously sent infringement notifications to S2 Games over their usage of what we believed to be IceFrog's content. I was told that S2 Games was asked to remove all DOTA content altogether, and that because of this, we would have the rights to DOTA content

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2010 7:39pm | Report
Ice Frog must be a ****.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2010 7:10am | Report
NEW DEVELOPMENT

Defence of the Ancients Allstars was a Warcraft III mod. Now, Valve is trying to trademark the name. That doesn't sit very well with Blizzard, the developers of Warcraft III.

"To us, that means that you're really taking it away from the Blizzard and Warcraft III community and that just doesn't seem the right thing to do," Blizzard's Rob Pardo told Eurogamer.

"[We feel] a little bit of confusion, to be honest. Certainly, DOTA came out of the Blizzard community... It just seems a really strange move to us that Valve would go off and try to exclusively trademark the term considering it's something that's been freely available to us and everyone in the Warcraft III community up to this point."

"Valve is usually so pro mod community. It's such a community company that it just seems like a really strange move to us... I really don't understand why [they would do it], to be honest."

link http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/9635/valve-dota-trademark-doesnt-seem-right-or-pro-mod-says-pardo

pretty much has LoL's stand on it.

another thing that comes to my attention, according to EULA whenever you make something using the map editor, you automatically transfer your rights to it to Blizzard. And they had to agree to the EULA.
Freki
<Member>
Freki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2010 7:30am | Report
Well, I am disappointed about this announcement. I was hoping for a revamp of the dota game, it will be just a port...
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2010 4:14pm | Report
*DING DING* Another challenger appears, out of breath and waving a sloppy old EULA like a madman! The collective rolling of eyes can be seen for miles.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide